#1 Edited by fentonalpha (819 posts) -

It's that time again.  Name and confess some of the bad reviewed or lackluster games you played and actually enjoyed the heck outta.

Today i have:  X-Men Origins: Wolverine 
So not a terribly reviewed game, gets REALLY repetitive but the atmosphere and satisfaction from tearing people up is certainly abundant.

I honestly don't know why i enjoyed this... i played as a marine and just got a kick outta role-playing an evil military type...sadly the game somewhat forces a conscience onto your character though.

#2 Posted by Spoonman671 (4564 posts) -

Quest 64.

#3 Posted by Mmmslash (2166 posts) -

I really enjoyed Psi-ops, on the PS2. I don't know if this was a game no one played, but it had some really great moments.

#4 Posted by InfamousBIG (3200 posts) -

True Crime: Streets of L.A.

#5 Posted by kuz101 (209 posts) -

I actually liked Turning Point: Fall of Liberty, not because of the game as a whole, but because you could run through the whole game only melee killing enemies, and it really made you feel like Jason Bourne with the melee animations and all.

#6 Posted by FiestaUnicorn (1577 posts) -

I like Rune: Viking Warlord on the PS2.  Once you get past the slow load times mediocre graphics and shoddy gameplay it's still not very good but I still like it.
#7 Posted by fentonalpha (819 posts) -
@kuz101:  Now that's what I'm talking about... taking a bad situation and making it work for you.  If Nazi's ever invade I'm gonna try doing that to brighten my spirits.
#8 Posted by Sparky_Buzzsaw (6103 posts) -

I just wrote a review of Enchanted Arms, explaining why I thought it was both awful and awfully good at the same time.  I'll also throw out Suikoden IV, which is usually hated on by most of the fans of the series.  I thought it was a great RPG with a fantastic story.

Moderator Online
#9 Posted by sodiumCyclops (2644 posts) -

Too Human.

#10 Posted by masterherocard (419 posts) -
@Spoonman671 said:
"Quest 64. "
#11 Posted by LordXavierBritish (6320 posts) -

WARLOCKED.

JUST LISTEN TO THAT SOUNDTRACK MAN WHAT.

#12 Posted by Kahoona (223 posts) -

Dante's Inferno.

#13 Posted by Raakill (870 posts) -

Prototype was fun.

#14 Posted by Meteora (5787 posts) -

Medal of Honor: European Assault.

#15 Posted by TheGreatGuero (9130 posts) -
@Mmmslash said:
" I really enjoyed Psi-ops, on the PS2. I don't know if this was a game no one played, but it had some really great moments. "
Dude, I'm not so sure I'd call Psi-Ops a bad game, but maybe you have a point. A lot of it was mediocre, but the core gameplay mechanics were excellent and the game set you up to use them in so many beautiful ways.
#16 Posted by c1337us (5751 posts) -

This year would have to be Dante's Inferno.

#17 Posted by Horsepuckishness (48 posts) -

The correct answer is Earth Defense Force.

#18 Posted by LaszloKovacs (1140 posts) -

I thought Rule of Rose tried some cool, creepy things. It just sort of, uh. You know. Sucked to play.

#19 Posted by theditor (61 posts) -

World of Warcraft, or any MMO that i've touched. 
None of the moment to moment gameplay is any good at all.

#20 Posted by Lone_f (281 posts) -

Kane and Lynch: Dead Men.

#21 Posted by ZanzibarBreeze (3069 posts) -

Rule of Rose.

#22 Posted by ryanwho (12082 posts) -

If I like a game its not bad.

#23 Posted by mylifeforAiur (3482 posts) -

Lost: Via Domus. Such a relaxing game ;)

#24 Posted by OwnlyUzinWonHan (1478 posts) -

Every time I see a majority of people talk down upon Bionic Commando for the 360, it makes me wonder if they themselves played it.
One of my favorite games this generation

#25 Posted by emkeighcameron (1876 posts) -
@InfamousBIG said:
" True Crime: Streets of L.A. "
dude yes
#26 Posted by UnlivedPhalanx (473 posts) -

An early 360 title: Prey.

#27 Posted by Metroid545 (1823 posts) -

As I do with all of these threads I will name the first one that comes to mind

Castlevania: Lament of innocence

#28 Posted by mylifeforAiur (3482 posts) -
@UnlivedPhalanx said:
" An early 360 title: Prey. "
Played this on the PC. Very enjoyable game ;)
#29 Posted by Kut_U_Up (52 posts) -

Darkness, it defiantly had its moments like eating dudes hearts for power! but it was defiantly  a sub par ending espically since they show in a cut scene of your guy doing some really awesome stuff.  But looking forward to see what they do in Darkness 2

#30 Posted by Landon (4130 posts) -

I kinda liked Too Human. I mean, the loot was great just the...everything else was bad.

#31 Posted by Hamst3r (4457 posts) -

1. Alien Shooter: Vengeance - Metascore: 67 ( I love this stuff. Yeah, it has crap-looking sprites, lofi sounds and it's horribly uninspired and repetitive, but you know, it's fun; and the end result of a battle is hilariously gory.)
2. Turok (2008) - Metascore: 65 (I like stabbing dinosaurs and shooting dudes in the face with a crossbow.) 
3. Blacksite: Area 51 - Metascore: 60 (This was pretty awesome. It had some intense moments as well as an interesting story.)
4. Ninja Reflex - Metascore: 57 (It's a mini-game collection, it's a pretty good test of reflexes and it's fun.)
5. Postal 2 - Metascore: 50 (This is one of the few games I've played more than once. Decapitate someone with a shovel. Light their body on fire. Piss the flames out. Use a cat as a silencer. Get gonorrhea. Fucking amazing.)
#32 Posted by Mmmslash (2166 posts) -
@TheGreatGuero:  I agree, absolutely. It's not so much that the game itself was bad, like you said all of the core mechanics worked really well, and it set up a ton of great environmental stuff. I recall one bit where you walk into this gas chamber, and there's an enemy outside the glass door laughing at you, and you telekinesis him, and bash him into the glass door over and over, eventually smashing it and freeing yourself. It was glorious.

I think the bigger issue is that the enemies were repetitive, the weapons were kind of unsatisfying, the levels were kind of bland, and the training sequences could be downright racist with your 1970's overweight black afro psychic warrior instructor. The game was easily forgettable for most folks, if they even played it, but I have fond memories.
#33 Posted by TheGreatGuero (9130 posts) -
@Kut_U_Up: Dude. Calling The Darkness bad is completely ridiculous. It is a superb game. One of the best of this gen, if you ask me. Sounds like you're just upset about the ending, but dude, no ending should ever carry that much weight in your opinion about a game.
#34 Posted by Raakill (870 posts) -
@emkeighcameron said:
" @InfamousBIG said:
dude yes "
As Snoop Dogg nonetheless. 
#35 Posted by fentonalpha (819 posts) -
@theditor said:
" World of Warcraft, or any MMO that i've touched. None of the moment to moment gameplay is any good at all. "
That has got to be the biggest revelation i have ever read...at least in gaming.  You are completely right in my opinion.  When it comes down to it the elements that make up WoW are pretty weak but (and i just made a hand gesture no-one will ever see) it's one of the biggest addictions in the world.
#36 Posted by SpoonOnGuitar (20 posts) -

Kameo: Elements of Power is somewhat of a guilty pleasure for me. To a moderate extent it received mediocre reviews, but the vibrant color scheme and shapeshifting through the different types of elemental warriors is, at least for me, very enjoyable.

#37 Posted by AquaGeneral (122 posts) -

Alarm Fur Cobra: Crash Time

#38 Posted by fentonalpha (819 posts) -
@UnlivedPhalanx said:
" An early 360 title: Prey. "
Agreed, Prey has atmosphere out the wazoo... so much that i actually quit playing because i found it kinda disturbing.  Side note...just played the Limbo Trial demo.... holy crap that's so empty but freaking intense.
#39 Posted by Milkman (16541 posts) -
@Kut_U_Up said:
" Darkness, it defiantly had its moments like eating dudes hearts for power! but it was defiantly  a sub par ending espically since they show in a cut scene of your guy doing some really awesome stuff.  But looking forward to see what they do in Darkness 2 "
I've never heard anyone say that The Darkness is bad.
#40 Posted by MONKEYFIST (77 posts) -
@hematurge said:
" @emkeighcameron said:
" @InfamousBIG said:
dude yes "
As Snoop Dogg nonetheless.  "
Dude, that is ONLY way to play it!
#41 Posted by JoyfullOFrockets (1177 posts) -

Killzone, Devil May Cry 2, Crash Twinsanity, Postal 2, K&L: Dead Men. There's probably a lot more, but if you can find those at bargain bin prices, they're definitely worth your time.

#42 Posted by PerryVandell (2103 posts) -
@Spoonman671 said:
" Quest 64. "
That game was the bane of my existence. Don't know how anyone could like that game, and I don't think I ever will. As for a bad game that I sort of like somewhat... Clayfighters 63 1/3.
#43 Posted by Navyseils (164 posts) -

I quite liked True Crime: Streets of L.A. too. I was also fond of Jackie Chan's Stuntmaster, not sure if people thought it was bad or not. Mace Griffin: Bounty Hunter, Urban Chaos... I'm not sure what the verdict on those games would have been at the time, but I don't think they were considered great games.

#44 Edited by JoyfullOFrockets (1177 posts) -
@Navyseils: 
Do you mean Urban Chaos: Riot Responce? That game was insane fun.
#45 Posted by dpedal1 (191 posts) -
@OwnlyUzinWonHan said:
" Every time I see a majority of people talk down upon Bionic Commando for the 360, it makes me wonder if they themselves played it. One of my favorite games this generation "
Played through the game twice back to back, this is a very underrated game and I was kinda looking forward to the sequel seeing how the ended it.  
#46 Posted by JoyfullOFrockets (1177 posts) -

Yeah, Bionic Commando as well as Wanted: Weapons of Fate were both quality games. Too bad GRiN fell apart, those guys had awesome potential.

#47 Posted by xplodedd (1316 posts) -

killzone. ironically i didn't like killzone 2 that much hahaa

#48 Posted by Jasta (2217 posts) -

Tenchu Z, Prototype

#49 Posted by DuhQbnSiLo (2139 posts) -
@theditor said:
" World of Warcraft, or any MMO that i've touched. None of the moment to moment gameplay is any good at all. "
If you think WoW is a Bad/poor game your insane...
#50 Posted by wormz (140 posts) -

Pizza Tycoon. I liked it so goddamn much.