#1 Posted by GERALTITUDE (2923 posts) -

Stumbled upon this Wikipedia page for Canada at the 1904 Olympics... apparently a team of Mohawks took the bronze for Lacrosse. I wish we still had all first-nations teams in Canada, it would be an incredible program to develop in reserves and could do lots of good but let's never mind that -- I know most of you don't care to talk politics much so let's look at some cool and laugh-out-loud awesome names instead.

Black Hawk

Lightfoot

Black Eagle

Snake Eater

Almighty Voice

Red Jacket

Flat Iron

Night Hawk

Spotted Tail

Man Afraid Soap

Half Moon

Rain in Face

There are a good number of video-game call outs in there too, which I think only goes to prove how bad-ass all these duders must have been.

#2 Posted by wolf_blitzer85 (5250 posts) -

I don't know if I'd want to hang out with Man Afraid Soap.

#3 Posted by SexyToad (2760 posts) -

Rain in Face is a awesome name.

#4 Posted by Jimi (1126 posts) -

Pretty much all of those could be super heroes/villains.

#5 Posted by Sarumarine (2173 posts) -

I'm glad to see Snake Eater exist outside Metal Gear context.

#6 Posted by MooseyMcMan (10475 posts) -

One of them must have had parents that really liked Metal Gear Solid, you know, despite it not existing yet.

#7 Posted by TobbRobb (4579 posts) -

Fucking Snake Eater? That means someone other then Kojima productions thought it sounded cool!? Calling bullshit.

Fucking Snake Eater.

#8 Posted by Sackmanjones (4652 posts) -

Big boss apparently was in the Olympics. Not surprising.

#9 Edited by yoshisaur (2645 posts) -

@TobbRobb said:

Fucking Snake Eater? That means someone other then Kojima productions thought it sounded cool!? Calling bullshit.

Fucking Snake Eater.

I find it hard to believe Snake Eater would be something uncommon amongst indians that generally name themselves off of wildlife, general emotions, and actions. Animal = Snake, Emotion/Action = Eater. Maybe the guy ate a lot of snakes? I know I did when I lived in Texas and visited the Snake Eating Festival.

#10 Posted by mosespippy (4033 posts) -

@GERALTITUDE: At the world cup of lacrosse this year the Iroquois Nationals defeated the US for the first time ever in tournament play. So, yes, First Nations teams still exist. Mohawk is a tribe of the Iroquois Nationals. The Iroquois Nationals are made up of Iroquois players from reserves in both the US and Canada.

#11 Posted by h0lgr (908 posts) -

Man Afraid Soap? Really? That name wasn't just given to him by some white dude at some point?

#12 Posted by GrantHeaslip (1524 posts) -

Calling customer support would never get old if my name was "Almighty Voice".

#13 Posted by MariachiMacabre (7051 posts) -
@MooseyMcMan

One of them must have had parents that really liked Metal Gear Solid, you know, despite it not existing yet.

It did exist. It's an ancient story passed around the world that is said to have originated in a Feudal Japan fishing village by a mysterious, supposedly-immortal, Samurai known only as Hideo.
#14 Posted by Palmlykta (193 posts) -

@Sackmanjones said:

Big boss apparently was in the Olympics. Not surprising.

The Olympics and space programs is where it's at!