• 68 results
#1 Posted by Jayge_ (10270 posts) -

Counterbalance to the "Well received video games that you just didn't like" thread.

I had a lot of fun playing around in Tenchu Z for two weeks. Same with Two Worlds. And TimeShift.

#2 Posted by PureRok (4268 posts) -
Jayge said:
"Counterbalance to the "Well received video games that you just didn't like" thread.

I had a lot of fun playing around in Tenchu Z for two weeks.
I love Tenchu Z and I personally find it to be the best of all of the Tenchu games so far. The different Warriors series by Koei I still enjoy immensely while it seems most places give them lower and lower scores each year (while I would rate them better each year).
#3 Posted by BiggerBomb (7012 posts) -

I really liked Legacy of Kain: Defiance. LoK games rule.

#4 Posted by roofy (1021 posts) -

i liked army of two when i was playing co op with a buddy over live

#5 Posted by PharoahCapcom (472 posts) -

God Hand

Odin Sphere
Gungrave:Overdose
#6 Posted by Hector (3523 posts) -

I would say TMNT I thought it was a fun game.

#7 Posted by BoG (5390 posts) -

Astro Boy: Omega Factor. I wouldn't say it wasn't well received, but nobody played the game. I saw that treasure was involved in development, and picked it up. I had a blast, and was surprised so many people passed it up.
Front Mission DS also didn't get fair reception. Most reviews bashed it, though for an old game it is very up to par with current turn-based strategy titles.

#8 Posted by FengShuiGod (1517 posts) -

I love the Metal Slug games, and I also found Riven very enjoyable.

#9 Edited by coolof (84 posts) -

Postal 2, seriously. It's not a good game, heck no, but I find it fun to play.

#10 Edited by KillerFly (450 posts) -

Crackdown was way more fun than the reviews percieved it as.

#11 Posted by Blu_Magic (2026 posts) -
KillerFly said:
"Crackdown was way more than the reviews percieved it as."
Agreed, it's one of my favorite games of this gen.
#12 Posted by Lind_L_Taylor (4116 posts) -

The Too Human demo.

#13 Posted by jlaudio7 (378 posts) -

Drakengard, while criticized for its repetitive gameplay (which is justified), it had a great story.

#14 Posted by Jayge_ (10270 posts) -

I should totally add Pariah (original Xbox) to this list.

#15 Posted by Za3r0 (109 posts) -
BiggerBomb said:
"I really liked Legacy of Kain: Defiance. LoK games rule."
that game ruled.

KillerFly said:
"Crackdown was way more fun than the reviews percieved it as."
i loved it.
#16 Posted by MasterSplinter (656 posts) -
Lind_L_Taylor said:
"The Too Human demo.
"
ditto.
#17 Posted by xxNBxx (1084 posts) -

I really liked all the Legacy of Kain games not really for the gameplay but the awesome story.

Not to long ago i rented Harvey Birdman, Attorney at Law  I had a great time mostly cause i love the cartoon network show.

I just got the Fable2 pub games and i really like the Tower game, granted i didn't pay for it cause i pre-orderd Fable 2 but i still like it.

#18 Posted by samcotts (2388 posts) -

Crash Bash. One of my favourite Crash games.

#19 Posted by reversethedevil (115 posts) -

legacy of kain was so great. I actually replayed LOK and the Soul Reaver series not too long ago. Blood omen is really good if you're looking for more of the story too.

And if you haven't tried it Jade empire is great.

#20 Posted by Jayge_ (10270 posts) -
reversethedevil said:
"legacy of kain was so great. I actually replayed LOK and the Soul Reaver series not too long ago. Blood omen is really good if you're looking for more of the story too.

And if you haven't tried it Jade empire is great."
http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/xbx/jadeempire?q=jade%20empire

I think that's pretty well received XD
#21 Posted by DualReaver (3792 posts) -

Overlord, timeshift, Two Worlds and Legacy of Kain.

#22 Posted by MasterSplinter (656 posts) -
reversethedevil said:
"legacy of kain was so great. I actually replayed LOK and the Soul Reaver series not too long ago. Blood omen is really good if you're looking for more of the story too.

And if you haven't tried it Jade empire is great."
Jade Empire was very well received.
#23 Posted by LaszloKovacs (1272 posts) -
FengShuiGod said:
"I love the Metal Slug games, and I also found Riven very enjoyable."
I wouldn't consider either of these to be badly-received.

Also I guess I liked Army of Two more than I was expecting to. I think it missed a huge opportunity to make a statement about the privatization of the military by playing it safe and not making any statements about anything, but the gameplay was solid enough, especially in co-op.
#24 Posted by DARKIDO07 (926 posts) -

Kane and Lynch: Dead Men

#25 Posted by Bulldog19892 (1835 posts) -

I liked Fable. I wasn't in on all the hype when it was a big deal. When I played it, I found it to be a fun and charming action adventure game with role-playing elements. I had never heard of Peter Moloneux (is that how you spell it?) until afterwards.

#26 Posted by LaszloKovacs (1272 posts) -
Bulldog19892 said:
"I liked Fable. I wasn't in on all the hype when it was a big deal. When I played it, I found it to be a fun and charming action adventure game with role-playing elements."
I agree. And on a completely unrelated note, both your avatar and that album are awesome.
#27 Posted by 1oneWON (103 posts) -

You know, I actually really enjoyed the Fear Effect games. They had a good style and the puzzles were pretty damn difficult. I beat both Fear Effect and Fear Effect 2: Retro Helix. I couldn't relay any of the story or anything about the game to you aside from my like of the puzzles, but I still found it to do be a damn enjoyable game.

It actually has good reviews according to Metacritic, but for some reason it seemed to be panned in the game communities I was a part of.

#28 Posted by BlindEffekt (920 posts) -
coolof said:
"Postal 2, seriously. It's not a good game, heck no, but I find it fun to play."
Yeah i agree, i finished postal2. It had some lol moments init.
#29 Posted by Subway (982 posts) -

I though Blacksite: Area 51 was great online and off, other than that I really like the NBA Live games despite them never getting reviewed as well as 2K's offerings.

#30 Posted by VilhelmNielsen (1767 posts) -

Well Blinx didn't get so bad reviews, but apparently Microsoft doesn't like it enough to make it a backwards-compatible game. I thought it was awesome.

Also, as the Star Wars geek that I am, I played a bit of Star Wars Obi-Wan and I kinda liked it.

#31 Posted by EJ902 (70 posts) -

ET for the Atari 2600. It's not a superb game, but is still enjoyable. I honestly can't see why people label it as one of the worst games ever.

#32 Posted by xxNBxx (1084 posts) -

I don't think postal 1 got any good reveiws but i liked it.   my fav part of that game was firing the rocketlauncher at the marching band...  BOOM!!   LOL

#33 Posted by AcidicVision (42 posts) -

Octopuzzle :D

#34 Posted by sterbacblu (271 posts) -

The most recent I can think of is Phantasy Star Universe.  Honestly I haven't taken it online so I can't judge that portion of the game, but otherwise I thought it was pretty fun.  I loved how everything was broken up into episodes and they did the whole "next time on PSU" thing.

#35 Posted by Dakota (254 posts) -

While I don't often buy or rent games that are bad, one game I can think of is Luigi's Mansion. I thought it was fun, engaging, and just the right length. And it was kickass to have Luigi as the frontman.

#36 Edited by Anastacio (21 posts) -

There's a lot of games but I have to be honest. One of those games are Angel of the Darkness staring Lara Croft. The whole atmosphere, cutscenes and settings just grabbed me at the time (it was like being possesed by the daredevil itself you know), I even progressed in the game thanks to a glitch.

#37 Posted by AcidicVision (42 posts) -

oops i meant octomania.

#38 Posted by tokyochicken (887 posts) -

I enjoyed The Bouncer on the ps2, people seemed to have hated it but for some odd reason I loved it.

#39 Posted by Kontrapunkt (423 posts) -

Almost any Worms game (3D what were they thinking) for any platform :(

#40 Posted by Meresin (146 posts) -

I really enjoyed Lair and Untold Legends: Dark Kingdom.

#41 Posted by Zorn20 (75 posts) -
Spy hunter: No where to run
#42 Posted by Manks (862 posts) -

Dark Sector.  I enjoyed the combat and the Glaive.

#43 Posted by Icil (745 posts) -
#44 Posted by TheGTAvaccine (2916 posts) -

Crackdown, I got it on release day, and still play it.

#45 Posted by Quadrifoglio (861 posts) -
#46 Posted by Zorn20 (75 posts) -
TheGTAvaccine said:
"Crackdown, I got it on release day, and still play it."
Crackdown was'nt badly recived it got 84% on Game Rankings.
#47 Posted by pikastar (118 posts) -

Lair. I really enjoyed that game.

#48 Posted by Tearhead (2395 posts) -

Despite all the bugs and glitches i really enjoyed True Crime: New York City

#49 Posted by Damonation (573 posts) -

Spider-man 2, I just can't get enough of the swing mechanic.

#50 Posted by Sentry (4198 posts) -

SM2 was pretty well received actually... and I loved it too, played it for months. :P