Baldur's Gate

cinlar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By cinlar

Have they or will they ever make a Balder's Gate lll?  They left the story line un-finished.

BiggerBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By BiggerBomb
cinlar said:
"Have they or will they ever make a Balder's Gate lll?  They left the story line un-finished."

I believe they finished Baldur's Gate with BGII, but I'm not positive. What I do know is that there are currently no plans to continue the series. Bioware has claimed the spiritual successor of Baldur's Gate, Dragon Age: Origins, to be...well, the next-gen successor to Baldur's Gate.

I might be reading too much into that statement, but I take that as meaning Baldur's Gate is finished and Dragon Age: Origins will be taking its place. Supposedly DAO will be very similar to Baldur's Gate in terms of gameplay, character progression/dialogue, and story progression. And while this could easily be typical saber rattling, Bioware has said that DAO is "the best story they have ever written."

I might be biased, but I believe them. I never even had interest in the BG series, however, I'm a massive Bioware fan and that's enough to get my attention, if that means anything to you! =P
Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

I wish they would continue the Dark alliance series, or whatever they were called, I loved em, but a lot of Baldur's Gate's fans didn`t like the Diablo style hack and slash.

MichaelBach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By MichaelBach

Doe's any of you guys know how the rule set for DAO will work since they can't use D&D rules?

Hexpane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By Hexpane
MichaelBach said:
"Doe's any of you guys know how the rule set for DAO will work since they can't use D&D rules?"
Bioware has basically said they will make up their own rules, on their heavily modified next gen infinity style engine.  So basically they will remove anything that doesnt work for videogames.  My guess is getting rid of nonsense like scribing spells, resting, level drain, restore, teleport, maze and stone. 

The BG story is finished according to them.  "Baldur's Gate 2: Throne of B (the final chapter)"