• 17 results
#1 Posted by MrTopHat (5 posts) -

are there any good bank robbing games? i feel like it would be a kickass genre, but ive only heard of kane and lynch, and i also heard it was very bad, are there any good bank robbing games, or games with good bank robbing sequences, i think they can be awesome in godfather 2, and that game kinda sucks

#2 Posted by Cramsy (1163 posts) -

An entire Crime genre would be interesting if explored deeper.  

GTA IV has a pretty sweet one. Although it's more centered about getting away rather than robbing the place

#3 Posted by iam3green (14390 posts) -

gta 4, god father 2, saints row 1 or 2 i don't know which one. these are the only ones that i can think of that have robbing in them.

#4 Posted by InfamousBIG (3200 posts) -

GTA IV's pretty much takes the cake.  

#5 Edited by I_love_Eva_Braun (481 posts) -

Vice City had an awesome bank robbing sequence

#6 Posted by dankempster (2249 posts) -

The best bank job I've ever seen in a game has to be the one in Grand Theft Auto: Vice City. That's probably because it's not just about the job, but about putting together the crack team capable of pulling it off - you have to hire the assistance of the gunman, the getaway driver, and the safecracker, before you finally get drawn into what is one of the game's best missions. The whole mission strand has the feel of a classic gangster/bank job movie like The Italian Job. It's definitely my own personal favourite in-game bank job, probably because of the brilliant build-up as much as the job itself.

#7 Edited by Yummylee (21243 posts) -

Bank robberies are much more fun in the original Godfather game than they are in 2. 

EDIT: Much like everything else in the original Godfather game, though.

#8 Posted by scarace360 (4828 posts) -

gta4

#9 Posted by Dirty_Harry (717 posts) -

yeah GTA 4

#10 Posted by mosdl (3228 posts) -

The mafia games perhaps?

#11 Posted by SumDeus (1857 posts) -

GTA IV's was no doubt the best. I hope Mafia II has one too though.

#12 Posted by Ineedaname (4319 posts) -

Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood had a great bank robbery multiplayer mode, it's a shame the game doesn't have anyone online.

#13 Posted by christ0phe (952 posts) -
@Abyssfull: Yup, right on.  I loved the original Godfather game, and I loved robbing the banks.  Setting up a fast car facing the right way on the street outside of the bank, loading up on ammo and dynamite, busting in a fucking shit up...and then the hectic chase as you tried getting back to your safe house
#14 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -

people above me gave u all the answers 

or did they ?

#15 Posted by Ignor (2372 posts) -

I'm not a 100% sure, but I think this game is about robbing banks, among others.

Furthermore: Bank, Robbery

#16 Edited by TheMustacheHero (6655 posts) -

GTA 4 and the Kane and Lynch 2 multiplayer is all about robbing places.

GTA 4's wasn't that great. it was all basically go into the bank, get money, go out. It took like 3 minutes and wasn't that exciting. Nor did I see the purpose of it reflected in the story.

#17 Posted by Yummylee (21243 posts) -
@TheMustacheHero said:
" GTA 4 and the Kane and Lynch 2 multiplayer is all about robbing places.

GTA 4's wasn't that great. it was all basically go into the bank, get money, go out. It took like 3 minutes and wasn't that exciting. Nor did I see the purpose of it reflected in the story. "
Quite literally, since even after Niko gaining around 250K from that job he still goes around doing jobs for people he despises because he ''needs the money'' -_-'
#18 Posted by TheMustacheHero (6655 posts) -
@Abyssfull said:
" @TheMustacheHero said:

GTA 4's wasn't that great. it was all basically go into the bank, get money, go out. It took like 3 minutes and wasn't that exciting. Nor did I see the purpose of it reflected in the story. "
Quite literally, since even after Niko gaining around 250K from that job he still goes around doing jobs for people he despises because he ''needs the money'' -_-' "
Right. And after you do it no one even brings it up! All you get is the ability to wear a ski mask on niko that does nothing and when you die you lose it!
#19 Posted by ToxicFruit (1717 posts) -

In godfather 1 you can rob banks all you want 

#20 Posted by Jimbo (9772 posts) -

Mafia does indeed have a bank robbery.  It's kind of a big deal in the story too.  

Gangsters: Organized Crime lets you send dudes to rob banks iirc, if that counts.

#21 Posted by one_2nd (2359 posts) -

GTA IV's was awesome.  you probably wouldn't be interested in this, but Vice City had an amazing one too (probably better than GTA IV's). 

#22 Posted by Slab64 (1048 posts) -

If they ever make that "Heat" game, which they won't, that would be cool

#23 Posted by Azteck (7449 posts) -

I would love a Deus EX-esque game with this goal. Multiple ways to go about it, several routes to take and so on. I'd love something like that.

#24 Posted by PercyChuggs (1087 posts) -

There is a PC game in the works called Subversion, which is a strategy heist game.

#25 Posted by Redbullet685 (6025 posts) -
Hei$t. I was really interested in this game, too bad it was canceled at the beginning of the year.
#26 Posted by kmdrkul (3476 posts) -
@TheMustacheHero said:

True, but it's funny to see the bank job from a different perspective in the DLC packs, specifically TBoGT.
#27 Posted by Goldanas (544 posts) -

If you wanted something old school: Bonanza Bros. would be right up your alley. Damn good fun.

#28 Posted by natetodamax (19170 posts) -
@dankempster said:
" The best bank job I've ever seen in a game has to be the one in Grand Theft Auto: Vice City. That's probably because it's not just about the job, but about putting together the crack team capable of pulling it off - you have to hire the assistance of the gunman, the getaway driver, and the safecracker, before you finally get drawn into what is one of the game's best missions. The whole mission strand has the feel of a classic gangster/bank job movie like The Italian Job. It's definitely my own personal favourite in-game bank job, probably because of the brilliant build-up as much as the job itself. "
Hm, I don't remember any bank robbery mission from Vice City. Did you happen to play through GTA IV? It has a really awesome bank robbery mission. What makes it so memorable in my eyes is the dialog between the characters during the cutscene (which on its own is really good) and the shootout that follows is one of the most intense fights in the game.
#29 Edited by BulletproofMonk (2718 posts) -
@natetodamax: I think the Vice City one is optional. You have to buy the Malibu Club to do it. 

@kmdrkul: I'm pretty sure it was the the diamond trade or whatever in the museum, not the bank job.
#30 Posted by dankempster (2249 posts) -
@natetodamax: Like BulletproofMonk says, the bank job was a string of asset missions for the Malibu club. 

I have played GTAIV, and the bank job in that game is great, but I still hold Vice City's in higher regard. One reason, like I said, is because of the build-up to the actual robbery, but another reason is that GTAIV's bank job was, effectively, just another mission where Niko was a hired gun. Niko gets no say in the planning of that robbery, he simply tags along for the ride, as it were. He does what he's brought along to do, gets paid, and that's the end of it. Conversely, in Vice City's bank job, you're the mastermind. It's Tommy Vercetti who's setting this job up, it's Tommy Vercetti who puts the team together, and it's Tommy Vercetti who leads the job itself. Add to that the fact that you, the player, ARE Tommy Vercetti, and you're actually setting up and pulling off this whole job. Not just coming along because somebody thinks you might be useful, a-la Niko. That, for me, made it a much more memorable experience than the GTAIV robbery. Don't get me wrong, though, I love both bank jobs, and both games.
#31 Posted by RagingLion (1363 posts) -

Wait around for a year or 2 and Subversion and Monaco should come out and give you a decent fill of that - not just bank robbing but all kind of heist stuff (and maybe even more than that in Subversion's case).

I agree that it's an excellent premise for a game.

#32 Posted by Peacemaker (1101 posts) -

Like everyone is saying GTA4 had an awesome mission even though the game wasn't bassed around it.  I think a game based on heists could be pretty cool.

#33 Posted by Bluethunder35 (337 posts) -
@Goldanas said:
" If you wanted something old school: Bonanza Bros. would be right up your alley. Damn good fun. "
If you want to go even more further old school, Lock 'N Chase is probably as ancient as it gets. You're in a bank, stealing money from the vault while four police officers chase you around. I still play the 2600 version on occasion. I'd love to see MS bring Date East's INTV games into the Game Room (Lock 'N Chase, Burgertime and Bump 'N Jump) but that would cost them money.
#34 Posted by Labbo94 (155 posts) -
#35 Posted by Osaladin (2514 posts) -

Not to quote everyone else, but the GTA IV bank robbery was pretty damn epic. I know when I show people that game, I load up the bank robbery to "wow" them. I think it's so good because it so closely resembles Heat.

#36 Posted by yusifjuma1 (1 posts) -

@mrtophat: i know a game that is only bank robbery and diamond robbery and all that kind of stuff and that game is Payday The Heist pretty good game i loved it

#37 Edited by Pikawai (135 posts) -

hey duder, this thread is 2 years old! I doubt the OP still need advices.

#38 Edited by natedawg_kz (234 posts) -

Payday: The Heist

#39 Posted by Ravenlight (8040 posts) -

Reading through this old-ass thread makes me sad since Subversion is never going to see the light of day.

#40 Edited by Pr1mus (3807 posts) -

It seriously took 36 posts for someone to say Payday: The Heist?

Edit: Ok so no it didn't because someone necro'd that thing and Payday wasn't out back then...

#41 Edited by Zaccheus (1788 posts) -

Some hilarious necromancy going on here. Also Payday: The Heist, pretty dope. They are actually making another one just titled Payday 2.

#42 Edited by Live2bRighteous (314 posts) -

Going to be honest, I absolutely love the kane and lynch series. The characters, the shooting, the robbing, the multiplayer... it was everything I've ever wanted in a game. Dead Men had a righteous bank heist mission that I replay more commonly then other games. Not only that, but the multiplayer lets you rob a bank with 8 other criminal players.... with a twist! At any time, anyone can become a traitor, kill one of his heist mates and take the money for himself.

I know a lot of people hate the series... and I can see why. But in since you're specifically looking for heist type games, I would say give it a try. They are dirt cheap now anyway!

(If you can get into a multiplayer match in either both games, you're in for a good time. Trust me.)

EDIT: Woops, didn't notice the thread date.

#43 Edited by Infamousn89 (36 posts) -

Don't know if this was mentioned but Sega classic Bonanza Bros. is a great classic heist game. As far as I know the first cover based shooter too.

#44 Edited by SomeDeliCook (2224 posts) -

Hei$t looked and sounded like a really good idea, huge shame it got cancelled.

Payday: The Heist is pretty great, especially if you have friends to play with.

Darn necro threads tricked me again

#45 Edited by Subjugation (4718 posts) -

Thread is two years old guys. Nothing to see here.

#46 Edited by TheDudeOfGaming (6078 posts) -

This is uncanny I was thinking of starting the very same topic yesterday....now I'm freaking out. But there aren't too many games that focus completely on bank robbing, in fact I don't know of any games that do. GTA IV has one mission, Kane and Lynch, Saints Row and Payday The Heist.

It's a real shame that there are so few games out there that are all about bank robbing. Guess I'll have to stick to movies for now.

#47 Edited by Blu3V3nom07 (4152 posts) -
#48 Posted by 24lolmaster (4 posts) -

Um everyone, the best game is Payday: the heist, clue in the name. only problem is that its only on PC, but the next one payday 2 will be coming to PC (steam), XBOX LIVE and PSN. you need at least a pixel.shader 3.0 for it on PC though, so only on good PC's. its entirely about robbing banks, there are only about 9 levels though so its quite a short game unless you play the levels over and over again

Watch this:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pALxDEARCmQ the best people that play it by far, so funny

#49 Posted by AlecOfTheWest (275 posts) -

GTA V is gonna be centered around them. And you definitely should have known this information 2 years ago.

#50 Posted by espm400 (106 posts) -

GTA V is gonna be centered around them. And you definitely should have known this information 2 years ago.

Payday: The Heist wasn't released when this thread was started. Now please let the old thread die.