Bathe In Children's Tears Tricking Them W/ Fake Console Gift

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By bigjeffrey

There's a Christmas morning video spreading over the Internet the past two days, in which a naughty boy gets the modern lump of coal: an empty box instead of a PlayStation. It looks outrageous. Remember, though, this is on YouTube. And this kind of prank has gone on there for years.

Kotatsu

SO GOOD?? Is this messed up or funny as hell?

jimmyfenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By jimmyfenix

This is like when that French parent gave his kid GTA V.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

He should have notice something was off if the box was light.

DieselDave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He's like 8. I think excitement is wayyyy outweighing logic here.

Scampbell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Scampbell

Bad grades, ok, well who's to blame. Getting good grades tends to have a strong correlation with the parents. Think he might have some trust issues from now on.

ch3burashka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By ch3burashka

They get to bathe in children's tears as long as I get to bathe in their blood.

Whenever I think about doing something shitty, I talke a half-second to contemplate the pro/con of the situation - how much enjoyment will I get versus how much hotter will my personal hell be? The trade-off is usually not worth it.

Evilsbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7  Edited By Evilsbane

"I DONT NEED IT! I just need to show my friends because I Told em" Glad he didn't get it, little POS, but the dude with the camera went overboard should have just let the kid walk away.

Andorski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I'm surprised that the guy holding the camera didn't yell "WORLDSTARHIPHOP."

He should have notice something was off if the box was light.

The kid is getting bad grades. Common sense might not be his forte.

jacksukeru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

I wonder where they got that box.

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

I got good grades in spelling like a mo'fo when I was his age.

turboman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 11

#11  Edited By turboman

This is a good way to get you child to hate you.

TrafalgarLaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By TrafalgarLaw

If they never intended to buy him one, can it really be called bad parenting? I blackmailed my parents into getting a console, threathening them that I'd purposely get bad grades. That's how A+ children roll.

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#13  Edited By I_Stay_Puft

That kid wasn't having it, he was getting his lawyer.

SuperCycle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't really think it's right to trick kids like that. Then the guy followed the kid screaming at him. Looked like he was being a big bully to me.

VoshiNova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Hahahahahaa that shit is messed up.

......and pretty funny :P

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The best part of his article.

I can speak from experience here, though not as someone who wanted a console. Twenty-seven years ago, my older brother and I would feel around the edges of our wrapped gifts under the tree and toss the ones that were obviously books (a spine and pages were easily revealed) or clothes (soft-sided cardboard box: dead giveaway) into a shit pile to open last with feigned looks of gratitude. That year, my brother's present to me was a book. I could have murdered him even before unwrapping it. But when I did, I'm not making this up, I discovered a copy of Dianetics. Yes, the manual of bullshit from L. Ron Hubbard himself. My father nearly choked on his sugar cake holding back the laughter. Finally I leafed through the book and found my brother had hollowed out the pages inside, prison contraband style, to conceal my real gift, an album. (On cassette. It was 1986 after all).

:)

MezZa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pretty sure that wouldn't make me want to get good grades. Kid will probably do even worse just out of spite.

wolf_blitzer85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Wow I feel like the kid handled the situation better than the adults.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

That is an extremely shitty thing to do.

szlifier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I've seen other videos like this over the years. They seem to have one thing in common, apart from the empty boxes.

hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wait. Poor grades is considered naughty? Fucking kid is going to have a complex when he grows up.

afabs515

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Those parents just ruined pretty much any chance of this kid being able to fully trust anyone ever again.

dichemstys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

My parents did stuff like this with everyone at Christmas, but it usually resulted in them getting what they had wanted.

sammo21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 45

I know this is an old point and all...but man, I seriously am getting tired of people taking videos with the camera vertically.

Loading Video...

Avatar image for deactivated-60dda8699e35a
deactivated-60dda8699e35a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I remember getting bad grades when I was younger, my parents would just do the normal thing, you know, ground me and stuff like that, or sit me down and just talk sternly to me, which was probably so much worse than them yelling at me because they REALLY meant it then.

Oddly enough, my teachers did this sort of behavior, which I do think contributed to me not doing as well. At the end of each quarter of the year, the kids who didn't fail any classes would go to the library and celebrate with their parents and there would be food set out and everything, and those that didn't do well would go too, but have to sit in the lounge and just watch them doing that. It was probably the meanest thing I can think of for a teacher to do honestly (Beside outright abuse), and as a result I disliked every single professor in my sixth grade. Once I got into 7th grade and beyond though, I did MUCH better, and now I'm a senior in college, funny how that works.

Nux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I'm not sure how I feel about his video. While it is kinda funny it's also really fucked up. If you are going to try and teach your kid a lesson this isn't the way to do it. All you are going to accomplish by doing something like this is getting your kid to hate you and make all the problems with this kid much worse. Also that uncle is a real ass.

Party

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My parents (before college): Oh? You got all A's this semester? Just like last time? Good. Keep doing it.
Me: Uhhhh. Do I get anything? The kids on TV always get something when they get good grades!
Parents: Get something? How about this, we don't acknowledge that you are a complete failure to us all... So long as you keep the grades up of course. And the extracurriculars. And the clubs. And you keep playing piano.
Me: Yeah. Okay. Thanks.

Anyway. Yeah, what happened to this kid was a little mean-spirited, I guess. I never really got much from my parents when I was a kid, but they never tricked me into thinking I was getting anything. I just knew to expect nothing. As for people saying that this kid is going to be "messed up" and crap? Not trying to being a dick here, but there were times where I hated my parents beyond all belief but looking back, I can see why they did what they did and how it helped get to where I am today. Yeah, the way they ridiculed the kid is a little overboard, but he should get over it. If one little instance like this is what it takes to "break" a kid and destroy their trust in the parents that have raised, sheltered, and fed him for his entire life, then kids these days are too soft (and it hasn't even been that long since I was his age). Maybe it will motivate him to do well in school, not for the PS4, but to show his parents that he's the bigger man. I hope it does.

KittyVonDoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pretty sure he'd be getting good grades if his parents weren't total scum bags.

(Also, there's some interesting irony in humiliating someone while holding your video camera at the totally wrong angle.)

isomeri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

I'm not a Christian but in my opinion shit like this isn't really in the spirit of the holiday.

buneroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There's a video like this every year and it's kind of getting old. Yes it's shitty though.

erhard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Man, people who are cruel to children should not be parents.

PollySMPS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The kid handled the situation about 3000x better than the ridiculous adult who was clearly mugging it up for a YouTube audience. Yeah, you sure showed that kid who didn't really seem to give much of a crap.

cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#34  Edited By cornbredx

Out of context it seems like a mean prank but they say he had bad grades.

So the question then is why does he have bad grades? Is it because he has a learning disability? A lot of people do and don't get diagnosed. Or is he just not doing his schoolwork? In this day and age its much more difficult to punish kids because they don't seem to care and do what they want.

I am not against this kind of punishment. If the kid deserves it and she did say if he starts working on getting better grades he'd get the PS4 as a reward. That's totally fine.

I once heard about a parent punishing their kid by having them sit in a big open window, like a display, wearing a sign that indicated what they did wrong. Parents are trying to be creative with their punishments since it is modernly believed that the rod is no longer acceptable punishment. I think things like this have an impact.

I did find the reaction to what it really was (an empty box), and his mom saying if he gets his grades up he'll get the console, funny. The uncle or whatever holding the camera was kind of an idiot about it as that kind of behavior could undermine the intent of the punishment.

I think this is perfectly acceptable as a punishment for a kid not doing his school work all year and getting bad grades. Easy fix, just do your school work.

Now, if by bad grades they mean Cs and the kid is trying but just not able to do better than I'd have a problem with it. It's all about context.

I like how there are a lot of comments saying the parents are terrible, too. It tells me their life experience, and it makes me laugh haha

FiestaUnicorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I don't see the point in humiliating a child.

Levius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nothing is a more valuable gift at Christmas than the gift of mistrust and loathing of other people.

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

I agree that you shouldn't be rewarding kids with big presents if they don't behave, or have bad grades, but that's just cruel.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

#38  Edited By Humanity

A lot of really good parenting tips in this thread about a silly prank video.

Avatar image for counterclockwork87
Counterclockwork87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I found it funny, but I also dislike most kids. Even as a kid I disliked most kids, it wasn't until I was older and my peers stopped being lying braggers I enjoyed most other kids.

Spoonman671

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

These people are scum.

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#41  Edited By Animasta

better version of this:

give kid a PS4 game, but don't give him a PS4 until he gets his grades up.

Avatar image for deactivated-601df795ee52f
deactivated-601df795ee52f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Seriously, tempting a kid with a PS4 might inspire him to get his grades up, but humiliating him and being a jerk about it surely will not.

Also the camera guy is a dick.

cmblasko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By cmblasko

Yuck.

Avatar image for deactivated-630479c20dfaa
deactivated-630479c20dfaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

rofl that guy holding the camera should have his parenting license revoked. what a tool.

Marz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#45  Edited By Marz

pulled a prank like this on my nephew two years ago... used an old ps3 box and put tons of canned food in it and he was pretty excited but then the disappointment in his face.... was funny ... but then we gave him a real ps3 after he had opened all his other presents... so not as cruel i guess.

jArmAhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By jArmAhead

I think the "C" word is about the most appropriate word to describe the camera-man. Sorry, I mean camera-boy because he obviously has the maturity of a kid younger than the kid in the video.

While I don't think children should be coddled or rewarded for not putting forth effort, this is just pathetic.

First of all, if you're "punishing" anyone, it should be yourself for being such fucked parents. If he's failing in school it's almost certainly your fault for not raising the kid with the skills and principles required or for not paying enough attention to your kid to figure out if there's a particular reason (such as a learning disability). Second of all, how is this going to teach him to get better grades? He gets nothing either way according to the logic you're teaching him. Get him a book or something, tell him if he works hard and improves his grades that you'll buy him a console. With a kid that young, the parents are pretty much responsible for 90% of his behavior one way or another.

@party said:

My parents (before college): Oh? You got all A's this semester? Just like last time? Good. Keep doing it.

Me: Uhhhh. Do I get anything? The kids on TV always get something when they get good grades!

Parents: Get something? How about this, we don't acknowledge that you are a complete failure to us all... So long as you keep the grades up of course. And the extracurriculars. And the clubs. And you keep playing piano.

Anyway. Yeah, what happened to this kid was a little mean-spirited, I guess. I never really got much from my parents when I was a kid, but they never tricked me into thinking I was getting anything. I just knew to expect nothing. As for people saying that this kid is going to be "messed up" and crap? Not trying to being a dick here, but there were times where I hated my parents beyond all belief but looking back, I can see why they did what they did and how it helped get to where I am today. Yeah, the way they ridiculed the kid is a little overboard, but he should get over it. If one little instance like this is what it takes to "break" a kid and destroy their trust in the parents that have raised, sheltered, and fed him for his entire life, then kids these days are too soft (and it hasn't even been that long since I was his age). Maybe it will motivate him to do well in school, not for the PS4, but to show his parents that he's the bigger man. I hope it does.

While I agree that most kids would be fine with one or two of these shitty experiences, considering the entire family is in on the joke I'm guessing he's not getting much in the way of proper parenting at any point in time. Everyone dislikes their parents here and there, but trust me, most people who go out of their way to pull shit like this? They don't just do it here and there. They do it all the time.

I can say from personal experience that it's a bit of a tossup as to weather you'll come out the other side strong or not. My little sister is royally fucked up as she grows into her 20's because of the treatment our father gave she and I and my younger brother. Like very serious, life threatening mental illness shit. It's easy to show an example of how someone can totally get through the hell of a shitty household growing up. Hell, I came out the other side just fine. I don't drink, smoke, do drugs, or have any more psychological conditions than the next guy, at least not because of my father. And now I'm working towards enlisting in the Marine Corps, working my way up in my current job, and showing my father just how much better than him I can be. But some really awful shit has been placed on my little sis' shoulders because of the asshole who raised both of us.

Ever case is different, and you can never really know what is going on as a whole through just one video. I can safely say that the most mature and respectable person in the video was the kid getting punked, and I can assume that those parents aren't great parents. For all we know they could be awesome but made a stupid decision while trying to do something good. Or complete assholes. Hard to assume there's a pattern just because there's a good chance there is, either way you see it. The kid will survive this one event, but if his family treats him that way on a regular basis? Who knows.

jArmAhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By jArmAhead

I think the "C" word is about the most appropriate word to describe the camera-man. Sorry, I mean camera-boy because he obviously has the maturity of a kid younger than the kid in the video.

While I don't think children should be coddled or rewarded for not putting forth effort, this is just pathetic.

First of all, if you're "punishing" anyone, it should be yourself for being such fucked parents. If he's failing in school it's almost certainly your fault for not raising the kid with the skills and principles required or for not paying enough attention to your kid to figure out if there's a particular reason (such as a learning disability). Second of all, how is this going to teach him to get better grades? He gets nothing either way according to the logic you're teaching him. Get him a book or something, tell him if he works hard and improves his grades that you'll buy him a console. With a kid that young, the parents are pretty much responsible for 90% of his behavior one way or another.

@party said:

While I agree that most kids would be fine with one or two of these shitty experiences, considering the entire family is in on the joke I'm guessing he's not getting much in the way of proper parenting at any point in time. Everyone dislikes their parents here and there, but trust me, most people who go out of their way to pull shit like this? They don't just do it here and there. They do it all the time.

I can say from personal experience that it's a bit of a tossup as to weather you'll come out the other side strong or not. My little sister is royally fucked up as she grows into her 20's because of the treatment our father gave she and I and my younger brother. Like very serious, life threatening mental illness shit. It's easy to show an example of how someone can totally get through the hell of a shitty household growing up. Hell, I came out the other side just fine. I don't drink, smoke, do drugs, or have any more psychological conditions than the next guy, at least not because of my father. And now I'm working towards enlisting in the Marine Corps, working my way up in my current job, and showing my father just how much better than him I can be. But some really awful shit has been placed on my little sis' shoulders because of the asshole who raised both of us.

Ever case is different, and you can never really know what is going on as a whole through just one video. I can safely say that the most mature and respectable person in the video was the kid getting punked, and I can assume that those parents aren't great parents. For all we know they could be awesome but made a stupid decision while trying to do something good. Or complete assholes. Hard to assume there's a pattern just because there's a good chance there is, either way you see it. The kid will survive this one event, but if his family treats him that way on a regular basis? Who knows.

A bit of a sidenote: the best Christmas present I ever got was a loan of $500 for classes to work towards being ready to enlist. That's the kind of thing that motivates and teaches, not being an asshole and acting like a complete buffoon.

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

"You guys all sound super judgmental" Hunter5024 said in a judgmental tone.

HerbieBug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This sucks. The child will resent the parents for it for years to come. Also, it breaches trust and will harm the parent/child relationshop. Children need their parents to be people they feel they can trust. Do not ever pull pranks on them like this.