Batman: Arkham Asylum Delayed

CenturionCajun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 1

Edited By CenturionCajun

Well, it appears that Batman fans are going to have to wait a couple of more weeks to delve into Arkham Asylum's horrors. I was looking through the Gamestop release date list earlier today and noticed that they had moved Arkham's release to June 23. Double checking on IGN and Gamespot this seems to be confirmed. I hadn't seen any official announcements of this two and a half week delay so I thought that everyone deserved a head's up.

If I were a speculating man, and I am, I would say that this was done to seperate it from an action game heavy period of time. Infamous will drop on May 26 followed closely by Prototype on Arkham's old release date of June 9. A little more than a week ago all three of these major titles were to drop on the same day. Since then they have done their best to get some distance between one another.

CenturionCajun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By CenturionCajun

Well, it appears that Batman fans are going to have to wait a couple of more weeks to delve into Arkham Asylum's horrors. I was looking through the Gamestop release date list earlier today and noticed that they had moved Arkham's release to June 23. Double checking on IGN and Gamespot this seems to be confirmed. I hadn't seen any official announcements of this two and a half week delay so I thought that everyone deserved a head's up.

If I were a speculating man, and I am, I would say that this was done to seperate it from an action game heavy period of time. Infamous will drop on May 26 followed closely by Prototype on Arkham's old release date of June 9. A little more than a week ago all three of these major titles were to drop on the same day. Since then they have done their best to get some distance between one another.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By CL60

Umm, this is really old news....it was in game informer on like...the 12th or 13th..

CenturionCajun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By CenturionCajun

Then I must have missed it. The last I looked a couple of days ago it was listed for June 9 still. My bad.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#4  Edited By jakob187

Good to hear that it's getting a chance by moving its street date...especially when stiff competition like Infamous and Prototype are around it.

Nonetheless, I'm still not expecting this game to be anything worthwhile.
CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By CL60
jakob187 said:
"Good to hear that it's getting a chance by moving its street date...especially when stiff competition like Infamous and Prototype are around it.

Nonetheless, I'm still not expecting this game to be anything worthwhile.
"
clearly you haven't watched the newest gameplay videos than.
jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#6  Edited By jakob187
CL60 said:
"jakob187 said:
"Good to hear that it's getting a chance by moving its street date...especially when stiff competition like Infamous and Prototype are around it.

Nonetheless, I'm still not expecting this game to be anything worthwhile."
clearly you haven't watched the newest gameplay videos than."
I did.  They weren't too exciting.  I really would like to feel otherwise, as it's about time that Batman got a good game made from him.  I'm sure the story will be cool, the atmosphere will be nice, and the graphics will be killer.  Unfortunately, I just don't think the gameplay is going to be anything beyond mediocre at best.

But hey, anything is better than Splinter Cell: Batman Edition, right?
CenturionCajun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By CenturionCajun

Well, demos are up in most display PS3s I've come across. All that is available is a couple of challenge rooms but it seems solid enough. I'm really going to be playing it for the story more than anything else. As long as the gameplay isn't God awful I will be pleased.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By CL60
CenturionCajun said:
"Well, demos are up in most display PS3s I've come across. All that is available is a couple of challenge rooms but it seems solid enough. I'm really going to be playing it for the story more than anything else. As long as the gameplay isn't God awful I will be pleased."
From what I've seen it seems fairly good. ( the combat)
CenturionCajun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By CenturionCajun

I've played through the demo a couple of times at work and it seems solid. I'm getting the collector's edition so the battarang alone is going to make it worth my while.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By CL60
CenturionCajun said:
"I've played through the demo a couple of times at work and it seems solid. I'm getting the collector's edition so the battarang alone is going to make it worth my while."
In the demo do they have only stuff like beating down waves of enemies? Or a little bit from each gameplay type.
CenturionCajun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By CenturionCajun

It's a challenge room. Pretty much just beating down increasingly large groups of thugs with more and more complex moves. Doesn't show much but it does make it seem like the system has some depth to it if you want to dig in.

ParanoidFreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By ParanoidFreak

I'm looking forward to this game, I'm kind of happy the release was pushed back though. Now I have a chance to get some games I wasn't sure about before, because I will have the extra cash.