#1 Posted by itsjoncharles (75 posts) -

Get ready: it's coming. Check out the FAQ here for everything you need to know.

Immediate reaction is poor timing, especially 'cause it's so late. I'm on holiday so going to miss the first couple of days or so (not complaining though).

Move if not in right section.

#2 Posted by Veektarius (4639 posts) -

Ditto on the holiday but I'll get it for sure. I need to know how well my PC can handle that beast. Then again, I've known PC games not to include the highest-res textures for the demos... any idea whether that is the case here?

#3 Edited by itsjoncharles (75 posts) -

@Veektarius: beta requirements are here. Pretty intensive, as you might have guessed. Or:

#4 Posted by Veektarius (4639 posts) -

@itsjoncharles: Thanks. It looks like I'm okay.. I have an HD6870 and not a 6950 is the only place where I fall short of recommended, I think.

#5 Posted by Cloudenvy (5891 posts) -

More Rush and Operation Metro is kiiiiiiiiiiiind of a bummer, but oh well!

#6 Posted by SmasheControllers (2544 posts) -

I've played so much Op Metro already!

#7 Edited by MrKlorox (11209 posts) -

Cool. So I have a week and some change to pre-order?

edit: No, i have 4 days and change to pre order, since those get in on the 25th.

#8 Posted by ZeForgotten (10397 posts) -

@Cloudenvy said:

Agreed, but knowing them it's probably the only map that's actually in the game. Untill we buy DLC when the game comes out :P

#9 Edited by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -

This is assbackwards EA and smug DICE.. of course they're not letting us test their 64p conquest and helicopters and jets and cars and the flag capture system. They're confident that none of that needs fixing, and that all that needs fixing is arming Mcoms and shooting people. DICE's confidence simply disgusts me.

@itsjoncharles said:

Move if not in right section.

How about you create your threads in the correct forums? :)
#10 Posted by RandomInternetUser (6789 posts) -

:(

This is right around the time I'll be doing a ton of work and getting prepared for mid-terms and stuff for college.

#11 Posted by VIGGO123 (552 posts) -

Even though I'm really looking forward to this "beta," they should have opened up more of the maps and modes for this. The way things are now they wont get any feedback on map and vehicle-balancing and the inclusion of 64-player mode.

#12 Posted by MrKlorox (11209 posts) -
@ZeForgotten said:

@Cloudenvy said:

Agreed, but knowing them it's probably the only map that's actually in the game. Untill we buy DLC when the game comes out :P

Whatever, it's entirely new to everybody who wasn't lucky enough to get into the limited alpha. Maybe it's all this caffeine, but I'm getting pumped thinking about it.
#13 Posted by Packie (255 posts) -

So it'll be like the BC2 beta, 24 player rush. Bummer they won't let the PC players test the 64 player conquest. Man, DICE must be really confident in Conquest if they're not willing to beta-test it.

#14 Posted by RandomInternetUser (6789 posts) -

I honestly may not play this except for an hour or two just to whet my appetite again. Like I said, I'll be busy anyways, and I don't want to play Metro so much again and get a bunch of unlocks again and get burned out on Metro and annoyed that I lose all my unlocks again.

#15 Posted by Hector (3356 posts) -

Sept 29 can't come any sooner.

#16 Posted by MrKlorox (11209 posts) -
@Packie said:

So it'll be like the BC2 beta, 24 player rush. Bummer they won't let the PC players test the 64 player conquest. Man, DICE must be really confident in Conquest if they're not willing to beta-test it.

Yeah that is a bit of a bummer. I know I'll be spending most of my time in 64 player CQ in the final game, unless it somehow sucks.
#17 Posted by lockwoodx (2479 posts) -

This isn't about testing the game, it's about stress testing Origin (lol) and getting more people to sign up for it. (double lol)

#18 Posted by iDarktread (1206 posts) -

I want to see how well I can get the beta to run on my computer.

#19 Posted by MrKlorox (11209 posts) -
@iDarktread said:

I want to see how well I can get the beta to run on my computer.

This is what I was thinking until I realized 64p CQ is missing. Unless one plans on sticking to smaller games, this won't be a very good determiner for how well the final thing will run.
#20 Posted by Skytylz (4031 posts) -

Well, I meet recommended. Kind of a bummer that my 6950 is the recommended, probably won't be able to max it out :(

#21 Posted by SmasheControllers (2544 posts) -

@Skytylz said:

Well, I meet recommended. Kind of a bummer that my 6950 is the recommended, probably won't be able to max it out :(

Yeah, It'd probably still look awesomer than most games.

#22 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -
@VIGGO123 said:

Even though I'm really looking forward to this "beta," they should have opened up more of the maps and modes for this. The way things are now they wont get any feedback on map and vehicle-balancing and the inclusion of 64-player mode.

They don't want us to get our hands on their conquest, man.. God knows how terrible it is.