Aljosa15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

Edited By Aljosa15

This demo is beyond words.

Okay here's a few quick impressions about what my opinion on the demo.
+ Gameplay was extremely tight and well done. I love being able to quickly cancel a move into something else, it adds a whole new layer of depth and strategy. Plus it feels extremely fluid and flows well. Controls work great.

+ Witch Time and Torture Attacks are another thing I really, really liked. They implemented a great way to acquire Witch Time instead of just doing a certain number of combos and it activates itself. Really well done.

+ I noticed the music is very awesome too. That J-Pop song adds so much style and personality while Devil May Cry games have those metal tracks I don't really care about, this was a nice change of pace. Oh, and the music during the running part was also very well done.

+ Graphics look much smoother when you're playing and not looking at a screenshot. The game runs so fluidly that you will never notice a shitty texture or something. It looks almost as good as Devil May Cry 4 graphically.

+ Level design is another thing that caught my eye. They have a lot of stuff going on at once and it really makes it feel more epic. The demo was a bunch of awesome setpieces in one, and if the game retains this quality through the whole, that would be astounding.

- It might just be me, but the voice acting was kinda bad.

- At times, the framerate kinda dipped down. It's annoying, but still very playable.

All in all, it is REALLY looking to be THE best action title this gen, by a good amount. Day one buy for me, onward to launch!

Aljosa15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Aljosa15

This demo is beyond words.

Okay here's a few quick impressions about what my opinion on the demo.
+ Gameplay was extremely tight and well done. I love being able to quickly cancel a move into something else, it adds a whole new layer of depth and strategy. Plus it feels extremely fluid and flows well. Controls work great.

+ Witch Time and Torture Attacks are another thing I really, really liked. They implemented a great way to acquire Witch Time instead of just doing a certain number of combos and it activates itself. Really well done.

+ I noticed the music is very awesome too. That J-Pop song adds so much style and personality while Devil May Cry games have those metal tracks I don't really care about, this was a nice change of pace. Oh, and the music during the running part was also very well done.

+ Graphics look much smoother when you're playing and not looking at a screenshot. The game runs so fluidly that you will never notice a shitty texture or something. It looks almost as good as Devil May Cry 4 graphically.

+ Level design is another thing that caught my eye. They have a lot of stuff going on at once and it really makes it feel more epic. The demo was a bunch of awesome setpieces in one, and if the game retains this quality through the whole, that would be astounding.

- It might just be me, but the voice acting was kinda bad.

- At times, the framerate kinda dipped down. It's annoying, but still very playable.

All in all, it is REALLY looking to be THE best action title this gen, by a good amount. Day one buy for me, onward to launch!

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Linkyshinks

He's from Gamespot!, KILL HIM!  That smiley sold you, son! 

It is awesome. The Voice Acting is intentionally so, it's in keeping with GODHAND and other such games.  The music is indeed great, you can thank British singer MiCHI for the cool song at the start. The OST is huge and will release in Japan soon.

It would look a lot worse if Sega allowed PS3 users to actually play the Clock Tower level...There's a good reason it was left out of the PS3 demo....Blame Sega, not PG.

eroticfishcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By eroticfishcake

Is this on the PS3 or 360?

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Linkyshinks
@eroticfishcake:  

The demo is only available on Japanese PS3's ( and 360's with a Japanese account )

If you mean the game, it will release on both.  A 360 demo will release sometime early in the new year, or possibly during the festive period.
Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 20

#5  Edited By Icemael
@Linkyshinks said:
"@eroticfishcake:   The demo is only available on Japanese PS3's."
You can get the demo for 360 as well, if you register a Japanese Gold account. My Japanese account is Silver though, so I've got to wait a couple of days:(
eroticfishcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By eroticfishcake
@Linkyshinks: Ah right, I was just wondering since I've heard a lot of people bitch about the SEGA port to the PS3. I don't really know nor do I care that much for it.
Aljosa15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Aljosa15
@Linkyshinks: Haha, I might be an old GS poster who moved on to better sites. ;)

I played the demo on a NTSC/J 360 btw.
Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#8  Edited By Pie

I didnt like the look of it from the quick look but thats just because I dont like this style of game that much. I guess it does look pretty good for someone who does like this stuff

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Linkyshinks
@Icemael said:

" @Linkyshinks said:

"@eroticfishcake:   The demo is only available on Japanese PS3's."

You can get the demo for 360 as well, if you register a Japanese Gold account. My Japanese account is Silver though, so I've got to wait a couple of days:( "

True.

It's awesome on 360 according to my younger brother in Japan who downloaded it yesterday. 

Falling Clock Tower (360)

Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 20

#10  Edited By Icemael
@Linkyshinks: Must... resist... temptation... to watch... I will NOT spoil the demo for myself.
Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Linkyshinks

@Icemael said:

" @Linkyshinks: Must... resist... temptation... to watch... I will NOT spoil the demo for myself. "

It's wise way to go about things if your lucky enough to be sampling it soon... You can take my word for it though, the Falling Clock Tower looks incredible...And to think that level is just the very tip of what to expect from this game, lol :D  
Alphazero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 10

#12  Edited By Alphazero

Anyone know if the Japanese 360 version is region locked?

Aljosa15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Aljosa15
@Alphazero: Yes, it is region-locked. You can't play it unless you have a NTSC/J Xbox 360.