Be careful, not everyone knows the F**K RYAN DAVIS meme.

• 61 results
Turbyne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Shit you have to be careful with a "giantbomb" t-shirt period, probably think your a terrorist.

I attend Umass Dartmouth which is the official school of the boston bombers and I wore my Retro-Bomb shirt the day after without realizing what I was doing.

People were looking at me odd, seriously didn't hit me for a while.

rewcastle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

@jams said:

@thedudeofgaming said:

@oldirtybearon said:

@cloudenvy said:

@cramsy said:

what in the world would make you open a conversation with a meme

The same reason you'd greet a member of the tribe with a secret handshake. It's an "in" thing. Outsiders don't get it, but the two of you do.

Seriously folks, human interaction is not that hard to understand.

But what are we supposed to do if they don't know the secret handshake? I expect a hatchet to the back of the head is the appropriate response? See OP, this is what you were supposed to do. God damn it!...

Oh my god I had a conversation just like this with myself last night (sad, I know). I was watching an interview on CNN and was wondering what would be the most appropriate Giant Bomb shirt to wear during it. Then I went into a whole thing about what would it mean to wear a shirt like that without mentioning what it's about. Then I came to the conclusion it's like a secret handshake or ring. If somebody recognizes and acknowledges it then you're both in the know and caught up right away on a mutual thing you both like.

@rewcastle said:

@spaceinsomniac said:

"Fuck Ryan Davis" is the video game equivalent of "Primus Sucks." It's bound to cause some misunderstandings.

Hey you asshole I love Primus!

Primus does suck.

Primus suck? Ah a fellow Primus fan!

Jams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@jams said:

@thedudeofgaming said:

@oldirtybearon said:

@cloudenvy said:

@cramsy said:

what in the world would make you open a conversation with a meme

The same reason you'd greet a member of the tribe with a secret handshake. It's an "in" thing. Outsiders don't get it, but the two of you do.

Seriously folks, human interaction is not that hard to understand.

But what are we supposed to do if they don't know the secret handshake? I expect a hatchet to the back of the head is the appropriate response? See OP, this is what you were supposed to do. God damn it!...

Oh my god I had a conversation just like this with myself last night (sad, I know). I was watching an interview on CNN and was wondering what would be the most appropriate Giant Bomb shirt to wear during it. Then I went into a whole thing about what would it mean to wear a shirt like that without mentioning what it's about. Then I came to the conclusion it's like a secret handshake or ring. If somebody recognizes and acknowledges it then you're both in the know and caught up right away on a mutual thing you both like.

@rewcastle said:

@spaceinsomniac said:

"Fuck Ryan Davis" is the video game equivalent of "Primus Sucks." It's bound to cause some misunderstandings.

Hey you asshole I love Primus!

Primus does suck.

Primus suck? Ah a fellow Primus fan!

Bribo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

T-shirt results in social awfulness: working as intended.

notdavid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

And then you kissed, right?

Avatar image for citizencoffeecake
citizencoffeecake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I fucking hate the word "meme" and I hate that people are calling it that. God damn internet.

TyrellOCP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I saw someone at Eurogamer in GB shirt a few years ago.

This was a couple of weeks after Jeff off handedly suggested "So I heard you like the internet?" as a greeting for people in the Whiskey Media loop. I tried it and got a blank stare in return.

In future, always open with "nice shirt" and go from there. Much less awkward.

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#58  Edited By TheManWithNoPlan

NEVER use internet talk on real life.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#59  Edited By Milkman

You're right, that was a terrible conversation starter. Don't do that, people.

GlitterCrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shit you have to be careful with a "giantbomb" t-shirt period, probably think your a terrorist.

I agree. I want to buy the giantbomb hoodie, but that may cause panic lol.

Akyho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@umdesch4: I found it funnier that on youtube there was the first Fuck Ryan Davis video. Then his sad death a few more appeared.

The comments by some people read like this "Fuck Ryan Davis?! Jokes on you! He is dead now! Asshole!"

Which is a sign not everyone knows the meme. However as others have said if you said "Fuck......Ryan Davis." then broke the news to him, it would have been far less tragic insult to your confidence.

PS. Confidence is a wonderful thing...I asked a girl out on the bus once. Thinking back I was high as a kite....on confidence. She said no, but then I was the bus nutter and I don't even know why I did it. We talked and continued to talk when on the bus and found out she went out with a friend of mine....which I constantly tease he about and she does just shrug and go "I don't know why." this doesn't end with her being my wife....this ends with other people breaking confidence and three years on I need to back on top of the Maslow Pyramid.