Beat FEAR2 -- Small Review

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9398c1300c7
deactivated-5f9398c1300c7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

Just when you thought cliff hangars were starting to wear off.

The game was great. It just became monotonous in most areas, and the scares were very lacking. I never jumped once during the game, especially when things got twisted and disturbing. The shooting and "style" were top-notch, especially when the weapon variety started to show their true colors. The feeling of setting an enemy on fire, taking your shotgun out, and blowing the bastard to living pieces is very cinematic and, of course, satisfying.

But to be honest, if you played the original FEAR, you just played FEAR2. It's FEAR1 except it's consolized, there's no leaning, and it's less tactical. The whole game felt very old school-ish; especially when you witnessed the fact that guns glew a holy white, and your guns had a Quake/Fragging style to them.

So really, how is FEAR2? Like I said, it was great. It's just that there's nothing special about the shooting mechanics, even though it is fun and stylish... just not as stylish as the first FEAR's, and that game was out four years ago. Is it worth buying, though? No. It's not worth buying. The multiplayer is unoriginal and boring, making the single player the best piece of content in the box. But in the age where little kids run the game industry, and publishers do their ultimate best to fuck over the hardcore gamers, the single-player doesn't make your $60s worth all the better.

So rent it. Or wait for a price drop... or maybe two price drops... Actually, three.

Overall:Rent

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9398c1300c7
deactivated-5f9398c1300c7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

The game was great. It just became monotonous in most areas, and the scares were very lacking. I never jumped once during the game, especially when things got twisted and disturbing. The shooting and "style" were top-notch, especially when the weapon variety started to show their true colors. The feeling of setting an enemy on fire, taking your shotgun out, and blowing the bastard to living pieces is very cinematic and, of course, satisfying.

But to be honest, if you played the original FEAR, you just played FEAR2. It's FEAR1 except it's consolized, there's no leaning, and it's less tactical. The whole game felt very old school-ish; especially when you witnessed the fact that guns glew a holy white, and your guns had a Quake/Fragging style to them.

So really, how is FEAR2? Like I said, it was great. It's just that there's nothing special about the shooting mechanics, even though it is fun and stylish... just not as stylish as the first FEAR's, and that game was out four years ago. Is it worth buying, though? No. It's not worth buying. The multiplayer is unoriginal and boring, making the single player the best piece of content in the box. But in the age where little kids run the game industry, and publishers do their ultimate best to fuck over the hardcore gamers, the single-player doesn't make your $60s worth all the better.

So rent it. Or wait for a price drop... or maybe two price drops... Actually, three.

Overall:Rent

DBoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By DBoy

Have to agree with the "Rent" part (which is what I should've done).  Glad you enjoyed it though.

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#3  Edited By Claude

I played the Demo and yeah... it seemed alright, but not worth my time, unless I start renting sometime soon.

Gen_Warbuff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Gen_Warbuff

Yup, pretty much sums up how I felt about it too.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

Yeah after I played the demo I think it`s safe to say it was more of a rental, especially since I Killzone 2 needs all my attention : )

Bulldog19892

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By Bulldog19892

I rented it. I'm glad I did. I agree with everything you said, absolutely nothing new, very bland, and it wasn't scary. Like, at all. It was atmospheric to be sure, but not scary.