Beat hazard or Audiosurf?

Fallen189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By Fallen189

Which one do we collectively consider to be the better game?  As someone who's only played Audiosurf, and loving it, I'm wondering how people feel about the similarites or what not.

Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By KaosAngel

My girlfriend likes Audio Surf cause she can relax with it, but I love the hell out of Beat Hazard...put on some hardstyle trance with my sound system to create something more amazing than Wipeout HD's comma summoning visuals. 

She likes playing Piano tracks on Audio Surf from Rob Costlow a lot though cause it's soothing to her.  I play fast shit in Beat Hazard cause my mind spins at 2000 mph, and I like the BOOM BOOM on my base.

EDIT:  Words can not describe how awesome this is at 12 a.m. being all alone and with the sound system all the way up, or with nice optical headphones.  This is my idea of a nice relaxing night...fucking hell, Beat Hazard is made for trance.   BUY IT!

Fallen189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Fallen189
@KaosAngel said:
" My girlfriend likes Audio Surf cause she can relax with it, but I love the hell out of Beat Hazard...put on some hardstyle trance with my sound system to create something more amazing than Wipeout HD's comma summoning visuals.   She likes playing Piano tracks on Audio Surf from Rob Costlow a lot though cause it's soothing to her.  I play fast shit in Beat Hazard cause my mind spins at 2000 mph, and I like the BOOM BOOM on my base. "
I heard the slower you go on Beat Hazard however, makes the game harder (Due to the lack of upgrades/weapon capability)
KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By KaosAngel
@Fallen189 said:
" I heard the slower you go on Beat Hazard however, makes the game harder (Due to the lack of upgrades/weapon capability) "
Yeah, that's why trance is perfect.  For me, a lot of the times a Boss will be summoned right when the leads start to slow down...and I'm like "oh fuck", and then survive...but then I know the song picks up, and I'm like "FUCK YEAH!"  and listen to the leads picking up and wreak mess on the boss.  Plus when I play, I'm already on the verge of passing out and/or tired...so the visuals fuck with my mind and I die from the trip.

Infected Mushroom, Tiesto, Adam White, Indra, System Shocker, Armin, etc...all made for Beat Hazard and can't really judge it with other genres.
Fallen189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Fallen189

I heard bohemian rhapsody is a toughie :P

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 9

#6  Edited By ajamafalous

I feel like they each have their place. Slow, non-involved songs are ridiculously easy on Audiosurf, but they're crazy hard on Beat Hazard, while fast, heavy songs are easy on Beat Hazard but more of a challenge on Audiosurf.

KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By KaosAngel
@Fallen189 said:
" I heard bohemian rhapsody is a toughie :P "
Not my genre, but if you pick up AudioSurf and not Beat Hazard...you'd make a solid choice with that kind a music.  A UKer like yourself could be trying out Gabber with Beat Hazard.  When I went to the UK, it was non-stop Gabber.  Fuck, now I want to play but I the HDH Invitational for SC2 is on. 
Mo0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By Mo0

Beat Hazard's music integration feels more like an "oops we forgot to design levels" feature.  Audiosurf feels more like a game built around that integration.

Either way, they're both fun.  Just wish Beat Hazard would tone down the epilepsy lights a tad.

KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By KaosAngel
@Mo0 said:
" Just wish Beat Hazard would tone down the epilepsy lights a tad. "
If they did that, I would NEVER buy it.  I seriously paid the full (discounted at the time) price for that because of that sole reason.  Fucking ace man, those lights after a crazy day and being tired is the most epic trip out you can ever get, your mind just goes blank and it foucses on winning.  Shit dude, I put on hardcore gabber that was 200 BPM and my headache was gone, and I was in heaven.  

I think they need to add a mode that adds more visuals in an extreme mode. 
KnifeySpoony

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By KnifeySpoony

I heard you like the 3-Bit Podcast.

:3

Mo0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Mo0
@KaosAngel said:
" @Mo0 said:
" Just wish Beat Hazard would tone down the epilepsy lights a tad. "
If they did that, I would NEVER buy it.  I seriously paid the full (discounted at the time) price for that because of that sole reason.  Fucking ace man, those lights after a crazy day and being tired is the most epic trip out you can ever get, your mind just goes blank and it foucses on winning.  Shit dude, I put on hardcore gabber that was 200 BPM and my headache was gone, and I was in heaven.    I think they need to add a mode that adds more visuals in an extreme mode.  "
I guess that makes sense if you're playing it for an experience.  I always feel like I can't keep track of where anything frickin' is when the flashing gets too drastic.
KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By KaosAngel
@Mo0 said:
" I guess that makes sense if you're playing it for an experience.  I always feel like I can't keep track of where anything frickin' is when the flashing gets too drastic. "
Dude...3D Beat Hazard...with 3 screens.  Holy.  Shit.  It would make everything better.  Don't lie, and admit you'd totally try it.  :P
Mo0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Mo0

I'd probably throw up. :(