Beats By Dre

Pessh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Pessh

Thinking about getting a pair, some people say they're great, others shit all over them instead recommending Audio Technika, Shure etc, which also get shat all over by stuck up douches. They'd be for everyday use, I don't want a huge pair of real studio headphones, and I would not be the one buying them. Any of you got a pair? Just looking for some reassurance.  

jkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By jkz

I've used them, and came away thinking they were overpriced for what they are. 

Do you mind open back headphones? They sound better, but do have some sound leak. If not, amazon has the HD 555s for only 100 dollars, which is well worth it in my mind. 
http://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-HD555-HD-555-Audiophile-Headphones/dp/B0001FTVDQ/ref=sr_1_63?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1277516009&sr=1-63  

If you do mind open ear, the AKG K271 is pretty awesome, and amazon has it at a huge discount for 160 
http://www.amazon.com/AKG-K271-MKII-Headphones/dp/B0016MOC28/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1277516089&sr=1-1

icyroy05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By icyroy05

Beats are made by Monster. Yes Monster, the company that makes super overpriced, well everything.

They are probably decent, but way overpriced.

Karl_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Karl_Boss

Yeah go with Sennheiser...you'll get better quality headphones for a better price.

Karl_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By Karl_Boss
@icyroy05 said:
" They are probably decent, but way overpriced. "
This pretty much sums up the Beats.
JasonDaPsycho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#6  Edited By JasonDaPsycho

They're OK, but then you sit down and think, it really is kind of overpriced.

ki11tank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

User Lists: 8

#7  Edited By ki11tank

there are plenty of amazing quality headphone brands out there, just because dre reps this one doesn't mean shit.

Avatar image for kamikazecaterpillar
KamikazeCaterpillar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

I almost got a pair of beats but decided to go with AKG K181DJs instead and I am really glad I did. They are easily the best headphones I have ever used and they are about the same price as the beats.

inkeiren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By inkeiren

Get Koss PortaPro. It costs 30 bucks. You will get around the same sound quality for 10 percent of the price.

oct_ONES

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By oct_ONES

I own a pair of beats. I got them as a gift though. As far as sound quality goes the bass is crazy and sometimes too much and ironically they have way too much treble, sometimes it feels like you're listening to music through a tin can, they also leak sound. Also they take two AAA batteries to run and when plugged into my laptop i get this high frequency hissing noise. The headphones do look nice though and come with a case and a cloth to wipe them off with because they are prone to fingerprints.  I suggest getting some sony or creative in-ear headphones and if you want to just look cook i suggest some WESC headphones, the pair i have sound much better and were a fraction of the price of the beats. 
http://www.turntablelab.com/dj_equipment/71/1928/?gclid=CLuxo_zrvKICFY9M5Qod7hCI4g