Avatar image for xtrememuffinman
Xtrememuffinman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Xtrememuffinman

So yeah, there are always certain developers everyone loves( Blizzard), or there's the one that's kinda niche but has a rabid fanbase ( Atlus), but you can't seem to get it. You can't get into their games, even if you've tried a whole bunch of different ones. So post yours.

Mine have to be Rockstar and Valve. Again, I'll get plenty of hate for the hate, but I just don't like them. Again, I'm not insulting their impact on the industry, just stating I don't like them.

Rockstar pretty much made the sandbox game, and for that, I'm grateful. But just going in the flat worlds Rockstar makes makes me want to go play something with a hook, like Assassin's Creed with the parkour or InFamous with the world circling around your powers. To be honest, the only game I've ever completed was Vice City, but I hated it. Super janky, to the point where my file corrupted. The story was boring and predictable, mad overrated. I really want to go buy GTAIV, because apparently the story is amazing, and it's $20 new now. But I was burned before, and when I played it at a friend's, I just couldn't get used to the god-awful controls. Why do I have to mash X to run? Why'd they make cars such a pain in the ass to drive? Why does Niko turn so awkwardly? Same thing for Red Dead, though i have no interest in the wild west. But I played it, and I hated it. I couldn't ever enjoy myself with the clunky controls, and I feel as though I'm going to struggle when I finally get GTAIV.

Valve...I hate what Valve did to the industry. I hate that people start talking to me in game while there's other stuff going on, and they can easily get interupted. I hate the overly senstive physics they've come to introduce (real life doesn't work that way!). I hate that Gabe Newell's a dick. I liked Portal, but the whole grabbing stuff really pissed me off. I hated Half Life 1, and I'm hating Half Life 2 right now ( I bought the Orange Box, and I figure I should finish them as they're important games with *supposedly* good stories). I hate that I realize I'm controlling a floating camera. I hate games that make you abuse quicksaves (not sure if Valve started it, but it was in Half Life). I hate Valve and how they've influenced the industry.

Linkin10362

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Linkin10362

I wouldn't say I hate them, but I don't really like Blizzard. They just don't make any games that click to me.

I used to hate Bethesda before Fallout 3 though if they are beloved.

zanzibarbreeze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By zanzibarbreeze

I don't hate Kojima Productions, but I think that studio is astonishingly overrated.

Lawrens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Lawrens

Kind of weird how you manage to play almost every games from developers you hate.

Edit: As for the question, maybe ubisoft montreal, but I've only played 1 game and it managed to leave a bad taste in my mouth, but I'm probably not buying another game from them, don't like their direction with games and it seems like they never changed from the past few games from what I can tell (they manage to add more stuff, but what I did not like was the core gameplay design, adding layers of distractions isn't really going to change that much).

Guerilla is another dev that I probably won't support in the future after killzone 2.

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By natetodamax

Infinity Ward. Marijuana references all over MW2, fag jokes..... it's like a 13 year old runs the place. 

But CoD4 is the shit.

mazik765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By mazik765

I would agree with you on Rockstar. I have never been able to get into a GTA game. 

Also Ubisoft. I used to work in the electronics department in a large store and for every Assassins Creed quality game they have, there are 5 shitty DS/Wii games that are just trying to charge casual gamers full price for nothing more than an XBLA game.

Linkin10362

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Linkin10362
@natetodamax: Woops, completely forgot about Infinity Ward. I change my answer to them.
I was always a Treyarch guy myself, I REALLY liked WaW.
zityz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By zityz

Not a fan of Blizzard anymore. Last game I enjoyed was Warcraft 3. Do they produce high quality stuff? Sure. Are they also that guy who's shaking you upside down for your change and wallet to drop? Also a yes.
Xtrememuffinman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Xtrememuffinman
@Lawrens said:
" Kind of weird how you manage to play almost every games from developers you hate. "
I played through one Rockstar game. I played snippets of two others. 
I played through two Valve games. I'm trying a third; don't know if I'll make it through.

And I forgot to to say I played a level in Left4Dead...don't get the hype. It just seems like a bad co-op shooter to me.
kishan6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By kishan6

well valve gives me free stuff and supports pc gamers 
and u can turn off the in game steam thing if u want 
i try not to hate any developers 
i hate call of duty 
think infinity ward is ok 
treyarch deserves more respect honestly but now im just rambling about nothing 
good day

Aetos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Aetos

Don't think I really hate any developer.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By LiquidPrince

I don't particularly like Rockstar, Valve, or Blizzard either. They have a couple of good things each, but overall, they aren't big with me.

Linkin10362

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Linkin10362
@kishan6 said:
" well valve gives me free stuff and supports pc gamers and u can turn off the in game steam thing if u want i try not to hate any developers i hate call of duty think infinity ward is ok treyarch deserves more respect honestly but now im just rambling about nothing good day "
I approve of this comment.
Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 20

#14  Edited By Icemael

I don't hate any developers, but some popular ones whose games I don't enjoy are Blizzard, Kojima Productions and Rockstar.

recroulette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 11

#15  Edited By recroulette

I hate Kojima Productions for their laughable online system in games.

obcdexter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#16  Edited By obcdexter

You hate too much stuff.

Xtrememuffinman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Xtrememuffinman

Maybe hate is a strong word...
Firmly dislike?

...You get the point of the topic/post

blazerx9x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By blazerx9x

insomniac games, they gave up on one of my favorite game franchises

Avatar image for lordxavierbritish
LordXavierBritish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

I hate Capcom in a passive aggressive manner in which they continual disappoint me while I continue to buy their products.

chstupid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#20  Edited By chstupid

I don't like Epic games. All the characters are boring or annoying.
Driadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#21  Edited By Driadon

I dislike what Neversoft became: Activision's bitch. "YES SIR WE'LL MAKE SURE TO KEEP THE SWEATSHOP IN FULL SWING!" 
Though I tend to dislike publishers more due to the cut-throat ways that is becoming more and more apparent.

Quacktastic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Quacktastic
@RecSpec: I'd blame Konami for that.

@Xtrememuffinman:
Yeah, not hate but -- I dislike Ubisoft Montreal stuff.  People usually get kind of hyped with UbiMontreal games (Assassin's Creed, FarCry2, PoP, Splinter Cell) but I think the games all feel soulless and are just strong-armed to completion.  I feel like they only aspire to be 'good enough.'   I liked, I think, one game from them last gen and zero this time around.

And I like Rockstar sandboxes, but I don't like when they try to do anything online.  I wish they would just stick to focusing on the SP game (GTA4, LaTD, BoGT, RDR).
Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#23  Edited By Brendan

I don't hate any developers because that's a bit of an immature way of looking at it, but I've never been into the genres that Blizzard champions.  I can't get into the RTS or the MMO or the dungeon crawler.  I enjoy an up close and personal style to the games I play. 
Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#24  Edited By Animasta

Blizzard for sure, they're vastly overrated.

canucks23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#25  Edited By canucks23

I'd have to say Turn 10. Their games are well recieved, as they should be. But they're completely childish when it comes to talking about the competition and other games. It seems like every month i'll see a new report on something completely unprofessional a turn 10 employee has said. They have no class at all.

InTheEnd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By InTheEnd

I hate Bungie, Blizzard, Nintendo, and Square Enix. 

kermoosh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By kermoosh

valve, i love their games and them but boy are they lazy bastards where every game they make is a half life mod and gordon freeman is a mute, still amazing games though

s7evn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By s7evn

I'll throw some dislike at epic, mostly for making the most bro games/characters of the past decade.

neozeke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By neozeke

I'm not a huge fan of most major game studios. I'm not really a valve guy, they churn out great stuff, but it's pretty meh to me. Blizzard has some fun stuff, but again most of the new stuff isn't my cup of tea. I used to love capcom, until they destroyed clover studios, which was entirely a dick move. And Konami can go eat a hot bowl of dicks for the raping of the silent hill franchise.  

For the most part, the only developers I really care for are Grasshopper, Platinum, Atlus, Team Silent (They're done though) and Bioware (They're kinda going down a slippery slope though, not a fan of the Mass Effect games, but DA:O was fantastic) and even then most of those are smaller studios. 

Synthballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Synthballs

Square Enix. 
Kojima. 

Valve isn't bad but isn't too good either.

empfeix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By empfeix

Gabe is the one that green lights more free content for us then any other devolper and yet he is a dick?  Who the fuck cares how he disses the PS3 before or acts all high and mighty, all you sure care about is how he treats his customers.  Please enlighten me on a game company head who does this better than him.

Egg0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Egg0

Square Enix.  

As long as they don't mess with Hitman, they're okay with me as a publisher.
HitmanAgent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By HitmanAgent47

Isominac, why? because they can't make a game that's over 90% on gamerankings this gen no matter how hard they try. To me that's wasted potential because I for example really enjoyed the first resistance, yet didn't enjoy any of their other games this gen expecially resistance 2. Now the company is going multiplatform, yet I don't like the company at all. I feel the same way about treyarch.

Cold_Wolven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Cold_Wolven

Capcom is getting on my nerves ever since I payed full price for Bionic Commando on the 360 and also introducing an A.I. controlled partner in Resident Evil 5 which I really could have done without. I didn't like Dead Rising and how many times can the Resident Evil series be remade for different platforms? I didn't mind Lost Planet: Extreme Conditions which is a shame it's sequel didn't  pick up the story where it was left off. Apart from Resident Evil 1 on the Game Cube and Resident Evil 4 on the PS2 the only game I really enjoyed that Capcom made was funnily enough Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages for the GBC.

Spoonman671

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Spoonman671

I don't hate the company, but I hate people who drool over everything that comes out of certain developers.  Currently, it's the Rockstar love.

Avatar image for superfluousmoniker
SuperfluousMoniker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

@Xtrememuffinman:  I'm with you on Rockstar, they have a tendancy to build an awesome world I want to explore and put it in a game with terrible gameplay mechanics I can't stand. Couldn't disagree with you more on Valve though, they're responsible for the most of the best FPS experiences I've ever had, and Steam is pretty much the only thing keeping PC gaming going at this point.
FesteringNeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#37  Edited By FesteringNeon

Whoever directed the Saints Row series.  
Complete Garbage.
Turambar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Turambar

Is it their games that I firmly dislike however, or is it the developer?  For example, I have a great deal of respect for Bungie, but Halo, like any other FPS, is a complete and utter snooze fest for me. 

apoptosis61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By apoptosis61

RARE 

they used to be great but now they are just a pile of shit

Jazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 37

#40  Edited By Jazz

Hate is a bit strong, but i could do without; 

Epic 
Bethesda 
R* 

Then again...
Visceral 
Visceral 
Visceral 
hate really doesn't convey my depth of loathing for the people who made Dead Space (apart from the UI guys) and Dante's Inferno.

Sil3n7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Sil3n7
@ZanzibarBreeze said:
" I don't hate Kojima Productions, but I think that studio is astonishingly overrated. "
You are astonishingly  wrong.
Sil3n7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Sil3n7
@InTheEnd said:
" I hate Bungie, Blizzard, Nintendo, and Square Enix.  "
...wait so um why do you like to play games again?
apoptosis61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By apoptosis61
@Sil3n7 said:
" @ZanzibarBreeze said:
" I don't hate Kojima Productions, but I think that studio is astonishingly overrated. "
You are astonishingly  wrong. "
nah i agree with zanzibar, hideo productions are great but kinda overrated
bananablade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By bananablade

Volition, the developers of red faction and saints row. they prob arent BELOVED but whatever. i still hate em.  

i applied to be a game tester for them when i was taking a year off from college cuz it obviously seemed like an awesome job. testing games while working in a nice studio with arcade game consoles, a shelf of action figures/video game memorabilia, nice leather chairs, and a laid back work environment. they rejected me and i ended up fucking working for a sandwich delivery shop delivering to them pretty much once or twice a week for a whole year. noteworthy was the contrast between how happy their employees looked whenever i would walk into their office and how miserable i felt wearing my retarded uniform working a job i hated so much

zanzibarbreeze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#45  Edited By zanzibarbreeze
@bananablade: So you hate them because they didn't hire you? By the end of your life you're going to end up hating a lot of companies then (assuming you apply for many jobs) because there are many, many, many people who apply for the same position. And, I'm not sure if you've played any of Volition Inc.'s games, but they tend to be a whole lot better than what else is available on the market.

@Sil3n7 said:
" @ZanzibarBreeze said:

Just out of interest, how would you argue that they aren't overrated?
BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

#46  Edited By BeachThunder

I don't think I hate any developer (or firmly dislike). I either like a developer or are more or less indifferent. I'm really more about (dis)liking particular games than the developers themselves anyway.

But if I were going to say something, maybe 5th Cell.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ca419426ae1d
deactivated-5ca419426ae1d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ZanzibarBreeze: no i dont actually hate them. 
zityz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By zityz

Some of you guys have some wierd hate. It's either you hate what people love or you have some fucked taste in games. 

Just saying.

asurastrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#49  Edited By asurastrike

I hate V@ZanzibarBreeze said:

" @bananablade: So you hate them because they didn't hire you? By the end of your life you're going to end up hating a lot of companies then (assuming you apply for many jobs) because there are many, many, many people who apply for the same position. And, I'm not sure if you've played any of Volition Inc.'s games, but they tend to be a whole lot better than what else is available on the market.

@Sil3n7 said:
" @ZanzibarBreeze said:
Just out of interest, how would you argue that they aren't overrated? "
I hate Volition for not making Freespace 3.
doejonathan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#50  Edited By doejonathan

thatgamecompany, there, I said it. Although it's not so much the company, as I think their games are excellent, but it's both Chen and Santiago I'm starting to dislike. Every time I read an interview or hear a quote from one of them, it negatively affects their games. There aren't a lot of developers out there that can actually downgrade their own product after I already bought it like these two.  

And Epic's Bleszinski is the game industry's Michael Bay, although I understand the existence and even need for both of them.