#1 Posted by FranticDarkness (33 posts) -
#2 Posted by FranticDarkness (33 posts) -

It seems 3D and Sonic are not things people like to put together, however we must remember there are GOOD 3D Sonic games, which is the point of this poll. 

What do you think is the best 3D Sonic game?

#3 Posted by Underachiever007 (2468 posts) -

I haven't played Sonic Colors (which I hear some people liked) so I'll have to go with Adventure.

#4 Posted by ssj4raditz (1125 posts) -

It right there in the title! It's 3D and it's a Blast!
#5 Posted by LordXavierBritish (6320 posts) -

#6 Posted by HandsomeDead (11863 posts) -

There's a best? I mean, like a real best. A best that SEGA can be proud of.

#7 Posted by TheFreeMan (2712 posts) -

Haven't played all of them, but out of the ones I have, Sa2B was definitely the best. While the Knuckles/Rouge levels are really boring and awful, the shooter stages are easy and quick and the Sonic/Shadow ones are still pretty fun. 

The tunes were also kind of awesome in that cheesy sort of way.

#8 Posted by ESREVER (2698 posts) -

Sonic Adventure 2 was the one with the opening that has Sonic jumpin' out of a helicopter and skating down the street, right? I played it on the GC.

I loved the Chao component of that game. They were so adorable! The way they bounced off the pointy rocks and flailed around as they try to swim without drowning. So cute :3

#9 Posted by DrFidget (215 posts) -

Sonic R.

#10 Posted by MikkaQ (10344 posts) -

I'm looking at those and really having no idea what to pick... that's not exactly a great selection. Maybe Sonic Adventure because the idea of a 3D Sonic game wasn't obnoxious at that point. 

#11 Posted by RecSpec (3926 posts) -

Just got Sonic Colors today, haven't played it but heard good things. 

Sonic Adventure 2 was amazing for me. Pretty much because of Crazy Gadget. 
Also, you could f'n BE Robotnik in the story.

#12 Posted by Hot_Karl (3309 posts) -
@ssj4raditz said:
"
It right there in the title! It's 3D and it's a Blast! "
I love that game because I played it all the time as a kid, but...yeah it's not a very good game, objectively speaking. 

Haven't played a significant amount of it, but I loved what I played of Sonic Colors for the Wii. It felt "right". If you play it, you'll know what I mean.
#13 Posted by AngelKore (160 posts) -
@DrFidget said:
" Sonic R. "
^This by one thousand. I remember going through school singing the soundtrack to that game, so addicting.
#14 Posted by ShadowKnight508 (659 posts) -

Hmm...of the 5 Sonic games that I have played since the Blue Blur's jump to 3D, Sonic Adventure/Battle 2 on the Gamecube was the best. I still play it every now and then for the memories of a great game from my younger days xD

#15 Posted by demontium (4710 posts) -

Adventure 2 definitely especially the GCN version with the chaos.

#16 Posted by Infininja (881 posts) -

Sonic Unleashed didn't deserve about half the flak it got.

#17 Posted by Mento (2802 posts) -

Asking which is the best 3D Sonic is like asking which was the best Victorian-era disease that mostly killed children.

I'd have to go with Sonic Adventure 1 and Polio.

#18 Posted by Gamer_152 (14109 posts) -

Sonic Heroes here but that's more because it was one of my first Sonic games and one of my first Gamecube games.

#19 Posted by Belmont_Shadow (173 posts) -

The first 2 on DC are the only decent ones and that was back then, now they are all SHIT bar colours which is still only decent. Sonic 06 and Shadow are abominations.

#20 Posted by LordAndrew (14430 posts) -

I lied and chose Sonic 06 just so I could see the results.

#21 Posted by Little_Socrates (5713 posts) -

The good parts of Sonic Adventure 2 were excellent, so I'm picking that. Though the bad parts (Rouge, Tails/Eggman levels, Knuckles's Aquatic Mine stage, all the pyramid levels) are pretty abominable, the good parts were all awesome. And somehow the voice acting in that one never annoyed me.

#22 Posted by Hot_Karl (3309 posts) -
@Gamer_152: Yeah Heroes is definitely up there. At the time, it probably was the best 3D Sonic game. I think what I've played of Colors still tops it, but Heroes (as long as you play as the normal Sonic, Knuckles, Tails team) is quite close.
#23 Posted by FranticDarkness (33 posts) -
@LordAndrew said:
"I lied and chose Sonic 06 just so I could see the results. "

OH U
#24 Posted by IBurningStar (2190 posts) -

I spent a couple minutes just staring at the poll and I can't convince myself to honestly pick any of them. I will go the same route as someone else before me and just pick Sonic 06, just to see the results.

#25 Posted by moomoomashoo (32 posts) -

Isn't this like asking "what's your favourite STD?"

Mine is Sonic Herpes!

*BADUM-TISH*

#26 Posted by Portis (1283 posts) -

I'd be tempted to say Sonic Adventure, but having when't back and played that recently... 

Yikes. :|

#27 Posted by SethPhotopoulos (5401 posts) -

Adventure 2

#28 Posted by FranticDarkness (33 posts) -

@SethPhotopoulos said:

"Adventure 2 "

I actually don't know why so many people say this.  If anything it's aged horribly over the years.
#29 Posted by SethPhotopoulos (5401 posts) -
@FranticDarkness said:
"

@SethPhotopoulos said:

"Adventure 2 "

I actually don't know why so many people say this.  If anything it's aged horribly over the years. "
It was my favourite.  I actually preferred it to the original.  I don't have to think the same way you do.  And I didn't play Colours.
#30 Posted by Toxin066 (3326 posts) -

I remember Sonic Adventure 2 fondly, but I also felt the same about SA1 - I recently played the XBLA version and the camera drove me bonkers.  

I'm gonna go with Unleashed.

#31 Posted by cuhcoast (5 posts) -

@ssj4raditz: uhh no lol

#32 Posted by SilverGalford (53 posts) -

should i have to say something else?