Best Classic Hotspot espisodes

BackpackKat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

#1  Edited By BackpackKat

Hey I never got to listen to the hotspot back in the day and were wondering what are some awesome ones to check out.

m2thek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By m2thek

The one where Rich went on vacation 
The one where Haze was the shit 
The one right before Starcraft 2 was announced 

I don't know the dates, but if you search on the HotSpot page with some of these keywords you can find them.
connelo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By connelo

I remember really liking the one with Dietrich :D

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

#5  Edited By ArbitraryWater

All you really need to listen to is the HAZE IS THE SHIT?!?!?! episode, and maybe a few special others. Because really, at this point anything else from these 3 year-old hotspot episodes is a bunch of incredibly old information and relentlessly inane phone calls, although it is pretty hilarious to listen to Jeff's reaction to the announcement of Street Fighter IV ("Dude, whatever!") in the context of how much he likes that game now.

Trilogy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#6  Edited By Trilogy
@ArbitraryWater said:

" All you really need to listen to is the HAZE IS THE SHIT?!?!?! episode, and maybe a few special others. Because really, at this point anything else from these 3 year-old hotspot episodes is a bunch of incredibly old information and relentlessly inane phone calls, although it is pretty hilarious to listen to Jeff's reaction to the announcement of Street Fighter IV ("Dude, whatever!") in the context of how much he likes that game now. "

Do you know the date of that one?

Edit: Never mind, I found it.
nintendoeats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#7  Edited By nintendoeats

here is deitrich (damn you deitrich!!!!!!)
 http://www.gamespot.com/features/6145185/index.html?tag=stitialclk;features 

other than that I don't have any dates. but look out for "fly that flag" and the two episodes where jeff spends like 10 minutes pretending to work on one of those game helplines that cost 1.50 a minute.

And that toilet phone call. I don't remember the episode, but I clipped it out and saved it. enjoy.
 http://www.mediafire.com/?mzzzzgjqhzj

nintendoeats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By nintendoeats

The old hotspots are genuinely fun to listen to, evenif they are dated. Now you have me wanting to listen to them...

And the haze thing is awesome.

Trilogy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Trilogy

I just listened to the haze episode. The haze part and the remaining part of that episode is comedy gold but it's so strange listening to their predictions on street fighter 4 and rock band. Especially the street fighter discussion. I wanted to go back in time and slap some sense into them and be like "LOOK DUDERS, I'M FROM THE FUTURE AND PEOPLE SEEM TO LIKE STREET FIGHTER" and then drop some giant bomb memes then disappear in a cloud of smoke.

CptChiken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By CptChiken
@Trilogy said:
" @ArbitraryWater said:

" All you really need to listen to is the HAZE IS THE SHIT?!?!?! episode, and maybe a few special others. Because really, at this point anything else from these 3 year-old hotspot episodes is a bunch of incredibly old information and relentlessly inane phone calls, although it is pretty hilarious to listen to Jeff's reaction to the announcement of Street Fighter IV ("Dude, whatever!") in the context of how much he likes that game now. "

Do you know the date of that one?  Edit: Never mind, I found it. "
which episode is it i cant find it
Trilogy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Trilogy
@CptChiken said:

" @Trilogy said:

" @ArbitraryWater said:

Do you know the date of that one?  Edit: Never mind, I found it. "
which episode is it i cant find it "
 10/23/07

The description is as follows:

Microsoft officially release its new Xbox 360 bundle while Sony confirms its new PS3 model. Will Street Fighter 4 be all that we hope? Is Bioware making the longest acronym ever with a KOTOR MMORPG? Is gaming like a religion and could Haze be the s--t?! All these answers, your phone calls and much, much more on this week's audio excursion known only as The HotSpot. 
CptChiken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By CptChiken

tah

NoDeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By NoDeath

TadThuggish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 41

#14  Edited By TadThuggish

From about the beginning of 2006 onwards was really great, (during 2005 they were still finding their footing).  It occasionally had its ups and downs, but the combination of Jeff/Rich/Ryan/Alex/Carrie/Bob/whomever else in beginning-to-mid 2006 was really great.  The lineup started to shift around but was still great all through 2007 up till Jeff's termination.

After the Gamespot exodus (with Vinny finally being the last one to leave), it became pretty drab.  Just the other day I tried to listen to the latest episode, and while some of the guys I still have fond memories of (Brian Ekberg, Kevin VanOrd, Brendan Sinclair), for the most part it's just another completely bland and boring video game podcast with no discernible sense of humor.

nintendoeats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By nintendoeats
@TadThuggish: Yeah, I agree. Also, they have gotten WAAAAAAAAAY too long....

Which is why I also don't listen to the bombcast...
Jawshua

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#16  Edited By Jawshua

Fudgy the whale!
HypoXenophobia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers