Best current Steam summer sale deals?

Avatar image for operationprometheus
OperationPrometheus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

So I was curious as to you computer gamers out there what are the best current deals on Steam? I mean I know what's on sale but I am not a huge PC gamer at all so I don't know what games are good buys and which ones to stay away from. I'm not really looking to spend a whole lot of money and my PC isn't the most high quality of PC's but for example I just bought System Shock 2 for $2 and Civ 5 for $7.49 so I was wondering what other deals I should take advantage of.

fonkymucker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My rule of thumb as far as "bargain hunting" goes is if its 75% off or more and I am even slightly interested, I will buy it.

If you hurry up you can still get Torchlight 2 for $5, which is a hell of a deal for such a fun game.

Buble

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Buble

Alan Wake us currently for 2.99 and McPixel for like 80 cents a few days ago. Castle Crashers is 3.74, Dust is 7.49. There are plenty of stuff for low-mid end PC's up there.

bibamatt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

You've got nine minutes left to get Surgeon Simulator 2013 for £2.37 which absolutely the best deal ever. It's *essential*.

Killerfridge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Also, Mark of the Ninja for $3.74 is a pretty good deal.

Avatar image for operationprometheus
OperationPrometheus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bibamatt said:

You've got nine minutes left to get Surgeon Simulator 2013 for £2.37 which absolutely the best deal ever. It's *essential*.

Well I took your advice and bought it so I hope that its as good as you say it is. And I was also interested in mark of the ninja but still a bit on the fence. Can't wait to see what today's deals are going to be.

cloudymusic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

A lot of great games have been $2.99 so far: Deus Ex:HR, Alan Wake, and Just Cause 2.

AiurFlux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Right now?

Alan Wake is only $2.99. There's a Community Choice sale for The Walking Dead and it's only $6.24. Sleeping Dogs is only $6.24. Deal of the sale for me right now is Deus Ex: Human Revolution which is only $2.99. Batman: Arkham City GOTY Edition is only $7.49. Tropico 4 is $7.99 for the complete bundle which does include the Modern Times expansion. Flash Sales on now for Left for Dead 2 which is $4.99 and LEGO LotR which is $7.49. GTA IV is also a good deal at $4.99. Mark of the Ninja is also a really amazing deal at $3.74, trust me. It's a good stealth game.

So today is a good day to get in to it.

I just bought 5 copies of Deus Ex: Human Revolution and I'm giving them to my friends. Why? Just because.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for live2brighteous
Live2bRighteous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Live2bRighteous

Shellshock 2 for $2.37. What more could you want?....

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

@aiurflux: Deus Ex HR is starting to get so ridiculously cheap on Steam that I likewise felt like buying it and giving it to anyone on my friends list that doesn't have it yet. It's a damn fine game too, no idea why the price is bombing so hard, I almost wish it was more expensive since I see way worse games going for more and feel the dev team behind Human Revolution deserves the cash.

AiurFlux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By AiurFlux

@fredchuckdave: I'll be your friend too sweetie. But I already gave all of them away along with The Walking Dead stuff I got when it went on sale. Still though, hugs and kisses.

@humanity: Ehh most people, myself included, probably already have it if they were interested in it. So I think it did very very well for Eidos and Square. But if the price is a barrier for some people to buy it, which is reasonable, then this helps them out. This has been one of the better sales that Steam has done in my opinion.

Walking Dead sale has just under 2.5 hours to go along with the rest of the Flash Sales, and voting for the next Community Choice has just under 2 hours to go. Vote for Bastion. It's the best game there.

EDIT: Bastion will be 85% off if you do. So gogogo.

Irishdoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

Oh man, the current sales are making me twitch. I can't decide which ones to get.

Dark Souls PTDE for 7.49 (Played some Demon's Souls, but only through one "boss." Looking to maybe try this series again.)

Fallen Enchantress for 13.59 (Never played it, but sounds really interesting!)

Tropico 4 for 5.99 (Just heard great things.)

GTA IV for 4.99 (Seems like a good way to get ready for GTA V!)

Most tempted by GTA IV right now, as I've never played much of that game. I have it on the PS3, but the PC version has got to be better. Right? RIGHT?

AiurFlux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@irishdoom: Dark Souls is good, with mods. Otherwise it's kind of a piss poor PC port.

Tropico 4 is insanely fun, but get the bundle. Modern Times is worth getting the bundle for.

GTA IV is technically better on PC because of the modding community around that game, but it isn't optimized well and it requires Rockstar's shitty Social Club stuff on the PC which just adds another layer of DRM. It's also an anomaly in that it seems to need a more powerful CPU than GPU to run properly. On my old system that had a 2600k it would chug every now and then in Times Square.

But I'd still say get it for iCEnhancer alone. If you can run it.

Loading Video...

EarlessShrimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 10

#15  Edited By EarlessShrimp

Afterfall: Insanity for 2.49. Because it's definitely worth about 2.50. No more.

Kidavenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 90

User Lists: 33

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Deus Ex: HR is a pretty good steal of a relatively recent game for a mere $2.99. If your computer can run Civ V, it should do a decent job of running Deus Ex.

And yeah, you've got about 90 minutes to buy The Walking Dead for $6.24, which is a steal at that price. It's sort of an adventure game, except pretty light on any real headscratcher puzzles, and is more about just advancing the plot and making character decisions. Like if Mass Effect didn't have combat, sort of. The Walking Dead game tells one of the better zombie stories of the past few years.

And Mark of the Ninja for $3.74 is great. It's just the most enjoyable, least frustrating stealth game I've ever played. You really feel like a badass ninja. I think it plays somewhat better with a gamepad than with mouse and keyboard, so try to get one of those for your PC if you can, but one of my friends thought it played perfectly fine with mouse and keyboard, so who knows.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

Steamalerts.com is amazing tool to use, I just set a game at a price I'm willing to buy and it will let me know when it gets that low, so far saved some dough on a few games unlike last year where games I bought went even cheaper than I bought them

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aiurflux: Oh I already have Deus Ex from a square enix amazon pack a few years back that rounded out to $1.42 for Deus Ex; and I have it on PS+ beyond that. Will accept random gifts however!

lego_my_eggo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

I say get anything $5 and under that you are at all thinking about playing at some point, and anything with -75% that you want to play now at any price is a good deal.

AiurFlux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In 30 minutes Bastion is going to be 85% off, being a nice $2.25. So gogogo and get on that if you don't have it. Flash sales update in 30 minutes as well so it's you're last chance to get those things for the cheap.

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Pretty much anything that's a daily deal or flash sale for at least 50% off.

If something is 75% and I'm even marginally interested I'll pick it up.

Dalai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

If you don't buy McPixel right now, you're an idiot. It's a buck. Get it.

gaminghooligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#24  Edited By gaminghooligan
@dalai said:

If you don't buy McPixel right now, you're an idiot. It's a buck. Get it.

^THIS

Teoball

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I picked up Deponia and the sequel Deponia 2: Chaos on Deponia for £4.99 each a few minutes ago. I love point & click adventures but haven't tried those before.

also picked up up Serious Sam 3: BFE yesterday for £1.74. Tried it for a couple of hours today online co-op, and it's a mess with 16 people running around shooting everything. Which is exactly what I liked about the previous games, and still do it seems.

Raven10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 5

Steamalerts.com is amazing tool to use, I just set a game at a price I'm willing to buy and it will let me know when it gets that low, so far saved some dough on a few games unlike last year where games I bought went even cheaper than I bought them

I'd recommend http://www.cheapshark.com. It checks deals from Steam, Amazon, Origin, GOG, GMG, Gamersgate, and several others and will update you when a game falls below a certain price. I haven't purchased any games on Steam this year as at least one other site has consistently beaten Steam on every major sale. And most games on GMG and Amazon use Steam anyways and will even get you those trading cards so if you are looking for a specific game just put a price alert on that site. I promise you that not a single deal on Steam this year has been the best deal for any game they have outside of a select few older games. I got Bioshock Infinite, Tomb Raider, DMC, and several other major games from other sites for $5 or more less than on Steam.