• 0 results
#1 Posted by arkadysmile (145 posts) -

I think that I will have to go with "Chrono Trigger". I don't think that I have ever played another game so many times with the joy I did that one. 

Honorable mentions: Uncharted 2, Shadow Hearts: Covenant, Earthbound, Bioshock and Dragon Warrior IV.
#2 Posted by RobJ (398 posts) -

"Legacy Of The Ancients" WAY back on the C64. Have never, ever, enjoyed any game that much.

#3 Posted by Mrskidders (1330 posts) -

Deus Ex and Final Fantasy 7 for me.  Can't choose between the two.

#4 Posted by Von (328 posts) -

It Came From The Desert, easily. So damn good... Actually, that could be said about any of the games Cinemaware churned out for the Amiga back in the glory days.

#5 Posted by Spoonman671 (4588 posts) -

Vagrant Story is the correct answer.

#6 Posted by MAN_FLANNEL (2462 posts) -

Super Mario World.

#7 Posted by MysteriousBob (6272 posts) -
@Mrskidders said:
" Deus Ex and Final Fantasy 7 for me.  Can't choose between the two. "
Thats an insult to Deus Ex. 

Anyway, the only real answer is Streets of Rage 2. Every other attempt at an answer is either a lie or the product of some kind of delusion.
#8 Posted by Manhattan_Project (2135 posts) -

Desert Bus.

/thread

#9 Posted by KamikazeCaterpillar (1179 posts) -

Final Fantasy VII I know its the typical answer but no game has stolen as many hours from me as FF7.

#10 Posted by GJSmitty (651 posts) -

I really enjoyed Oblivion, especially cause it was my first EVER RPG.  I don't know why I never tried one before that. 

oh and also uncharted 2, the whole thing was just pure fun.

#11 Posted by Kyreo (4600 posts) -

#12 Posted by cooperfoyt (188 posts) -

I will go with Shadow of the Colossus

#13 Posted by fuzzyponken (694 posts) -
#14 Posted by nukesniper (1312 posts) -

Earthbound for me. It remains the only RPG I have ever beaten multiple times, and while games like Dragon Age and Mass Effect almost get that title. I would be willing to play Earthbound through in one sitting.  

No it doesn't need to be an RPG, but I really like Earthbound and I feel that the SNES era games don't feel as old with age as other games. N64 titles look rough, but the SNES RPGs all seem to be an art style choice rather than a tech limitation.

#15 Posted by cstrang (2381 posts) -

inb4 Big Rigs

Maybe GTA: San Andreas?

#16 Posted by John1912 (1853 posts) -

Games you played when you were young are always the best sadly.  Guess the one that comes to mind is Ultima 7.  That was an amazing game for its time.  Too bad that is also when it and Origin peaked.

#17 Posted by Mrskidders (1330 posts) -
@MysteriousBob: Why, because I like them both equally and acknowledge they are completely different game types but with some similar mechanics?  Final Fantasy was a game that me and some friends had some amazing play sessions after school for a long time.  Deus Ex defined the way gaming was changing for me and blew me away so much I replayed it last week.

It's more personal reasons why I like both the games, which is what makes it hard to pick a winner, so next time you feel like trolling on my comment, think again and construct an argument and then maybe you will get a more dignified response.

You are only getting this moaning reply because i'm drunk and my friends are all in the pool but I can't go in because I have a new tattoo.
#18 Posted by uniform (1835 posts) -

Faxanadu

#19 Posted by GJSmitty (651 posts) -
@Kyreo said:
"

"

this too.
#20 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

Fire Emblem: Seisen no Keifu. All other answers are Glenn Beck.

#21 Posted by Tophat666 (229 posts) -

I might sound lame

But, Legend Of Zelda: Ocarina Of Time hands down in my book.

2nd- Resident Evil 4

3rd-Metal Gear Solid 3 Snake Eater

#22 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19321 posts) -

Persona 3 FES, for me.  Of course, it's all subjective so there's no game that can be judged best objectively. 

I'm playing through Chrono Trigger now (via emulator) and though I can see how people would love it back then and I'm having fun with it, I'm not thinking it's really awesome.  It's a product of its time, I suppose.

#23 Posted by TwoLines (2793 posts) -
@cooperfoyt said:
" I will go with Shadow of the Colossus "
Yeah, I'd go with that too. I just like its visual style and music so damn much.
#24 Posted by Pinworm45 (4088 posts) -
@FluxWaveZ said:
"I'm playing through Chrono Trigger now (via emulator) and though I can see how people would love it back then and I'm having fun with it, I'm not thinking it's really awesome.  It's a product of its time, I suppose. "
I want you to suffer
#25 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19321 posts) -
@Pinworm45 said:
" I want you to suffer "
You really think that a 15 year old game that is played by someone who's never experienced it before would hold up today?
#26 Posted by MooseyMcMan (10827 posts) -

Banjo Tooie.

Moderator Online
#27 Posted by fearv (23 posts) -
@FluxWaveZ said:
" I'm playing through Chrono Trigger now (via emulator) and though I can see how people would love it back then and I'm having fun with it, I'm not thinking it's really awesome.  It's a product of its time, I suppose. "

I had the same experience. I also found myself confused as to where to proceed often. As time has gone on I have been conditioned by the new stool of RPG gameplay where you have quest logs, robust maps, etc. so you're never spending an hour trying to figure out where you need to be. 
#28 Posted by Pinworm45 (4088 posts) -
@FluxWaveZ said:
" @Pinworm45 said:
" I want you to suffer "
You really think that a 15 year old game that is played by someone who's never experienced it before would hold up today? "
Considering I only played it a year ago, yep.
#29 Posted by TheHT (11091 posts) -

Deus Ex

#30 Posted by RedEyesBlueBunny (1011 posts) -

The Best Damn Sports Show Period: The Best Damn Game Period

#31 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19321 posts) -
@Pinworm45 said:
" Considering I only played it a year ago, yep. "
It's good that you could greatly enjoy such an old game while playing it so recently, not having your opinion swayed by nostalgia—heck, I highly enjoyed MGS when I played it for the first time this year—but I've got several problems with it. 

@fearv said:
" I also found myself confused as to where to proceed often. As time has gone on I have been conditioned by the new stool of RPG gameplay where you have quest logs, robust maps, etc. so you're never spending an hour trying to figure out where you need to be.  "
Yep.  I also, several times, have to resort to a walkthrough as sometimes you really have no proper indication of where you need to go.  It can be quite frustrating to run around and travel to different times, reading the guide and finding out there was this one guy in a basement that you need to talk to.
#32 Posted by s10129107 (1182 posts) -

HL2

#33 Posted by ikabubu (210 posts) -

#34 Posted by gesi1223 (218 posts) -

Super Mario RPG or Earthbound. 

For a recent game I'd have to say Uncharted 2. Whole game was fun, I loved it.

#35 Edited by Onigenko (335 posts) -
#36 Posted by SonicFire (821 posts) -

Final Fantasy VI 

#37 Posted by mylifeforAiur (3482 posts) -

Grim Fandango ;)

#38 Posted by Jeust (10537 posts) -

Silent Hill 2.

#39 Posted by teh_pwnzorer (1482 posts) -
Demon's Souls.  I also really like ArmA 2 and the old Steel Panthers and Close Combat games.  Hopefully, GT5 will be good (I enjoy racing games)... 

Don't let nostalgia blind you, guys.
#40 Posted by lilman1101 (1063 posts) -

ZOMG COD: MW2!!11!1!!!!1.

loljks.

I'd say Oblivion, you really does immerse you into the world, plus, there are no annoying 10 year olds.

#41 Posted by sodiumCyclops (2644 posts) -

Oblivion or TF2.

#42 Posted by BergDK (270 posts) -

Star Wars: KotOR and PGR2 multiplayer 

#43 Edited by SammydesinasNL (840 posts) -
@grant742 said:
"@Kyreo said:
"

"
this too. "

BLASPHEMY! 

It had to be done. 

Team Fortress 2 for me probably.
#44 Posted by SammydesinasNL (840 posts) -

Can't manage to edit but I apologies for my previous post. I thought this was the 'Games you wanna love, but just can't. ' thread. 

I wholeheartedly agree with the two posts I quoted, great game, including  the expansion packs. 

Sorry.
#45 Posted by Castro (951 posts) -

I'm a big fan of Tetris as the best game ever. I would have to say that my personal favorite game of all time is Mega Man 2.

#46 Posted by colubroid (39 posts) -

Xenogears or Crawl Stone Soup.

#47 Posted by Kowbrainz (923 posts) -
@FluxWaveZ: @FluxWaveZ said:
" @Pinworm45 said:
" I want you to suffer "
You really think that a 15 year old game that is played by someone who's never experienced it before would hold up today? "
yeah, actually. I played Chrono Trigger for the first time last year on the DS and I thought it was really good personally. :/
#48 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19321 posts) -
@Kowbrainz said:
" yeah, actually. I played Chrono Trigger for the first time last year on the DS and I thought it was really good personally. :/ "
But that's a remake.  And I don't think the game is bad; I really enjoy it.  I just don't think it's this awesomely great experience others had experienced in the past.
#49 Edited by ProfessorEss (7308 posts) -

I could go all retro and say Doom, Impossible Mission, Warcraft 2, or Maniac Mansion but:

World of Warcraft.
The hours of entertainment it gave me does not allow me to make any other choice really.

#50 Posted by Binman88 (3685 posts) -

A game period sounds painful.