Avatar image for gladiator_games
Gladiator_Games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Gladiator_Games

Hey forumners! I'm putting together a list of "best death lines" and "best resurrection lines". Mainly because I'm bored and looking for something to do.

What are your favourite death or life lines?

"I dont mean to be a bother, but all this blood? I think its mine.." - Jan from BG2
"There was this bright light, and me mother was there.. then it was like YOINK! NOT YET STUPID! And I was here! Wierd innit?" - Tomi Undergallows (NWN)

jerseyscum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By jerseyscum

"Bang"- Cowboy Beebop

Canteu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Canteu

"They came from...behind" - Warcraft 3 Flying Machine.

codynewill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By codynewill

"Ahh...AHHHHH...AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!" - Helicopter pilot in Resident Evil 5

NegativeCero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By NegativeCero
@jerseyscum

"Bang"- Cowboy Beebop

This.
phrali

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By phrali

"How's my hair look, Mike?"

Snoop from The Wire.

Grillbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

gatehouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8  Edited By gatehouse

"Choke on 'em!" - Rhodes in Day of Dead wishing ill on the zombies making off with his lower half.

DeF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By DeF

@codynewill said:

"Ahh...AHHHHH...AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!" - Helicopter pilot in Resident Evil 5

wasn't that also the exact line from RE4? :D ...also from the dude in the heli?^^

Avatar image for deactivated-5bb67033e3422
deactivated-5bb67033e3422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"This wallpaper and I are fighting a duel to the death. One of us has to go". Oscar Wilde.

Fallen189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Fallen189

"aaaargghhhh"

sungahymn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By sungahymn

"Hey, fellas! How about this for a headline for tomorrow's paper? 'French fries.'" - James French, convicted murderer, executed through electric chair.

UnrealDP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By UnrealDP

Anything Crypto says in Destroy all Humans. That game is literally just that little guy delivering death lines as he does fucked up things to humans.

Capum15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Capum15

I recall cracked doing a list on this. One is, "More weight." - Guiles Corey, sentenced to death via Crushing because witches.

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#15  Edited By MooseyMcMan

@DeF said:

@codynewill said:

wasn't that also the exact line from RE4? :D ...also from the dude in the heli?^^

I suppose we can assume that a dude in a helicopter will meet a similar fate in RE6 now.

DeF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By DeF

@MooseyMcMan said:

@DeF said:

@codynewill said:

I suppose we can assume that a dude in a helicopter will meet a similar fate in RE6 now.

whoa hey spoilers! :D

coakroach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By coakroach

You're pretty good.

codynewill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By codynewill

@MooseyMcMan said:

@DeF said:

@codynewill said:

I would be really let down if a dude in a helicopter doesn't crash. Hopefully with the same horrible voice acting that Resident Evil is known for.

DeF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By DeF

@codynewill said:

@MooseyMcMan said:

@DeF said:

@codynewill said:

I would be really let down if a dude in a helicopter doesn't crash. Hopefully with the same horrible voice acting that Resident Evil is known for.

I think as far as the bad VO we're all set. That's one area RE never ... disappoints(?) in.

big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#20  Edited By big_jon

"Tell them to make it count" - Jorge 052, Halo: Reach

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By NTM

@coakroach said:

You're pretty good.

Pretty... good. Ughhhhh. OK, so not the same line or time, but whatever.

Morrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Morrow

@NegativeCero said:

@jerseyscum

"Bang"- Cowboy Beebop

This.

Has my vote too :)

Mr_Skeleton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#23  Edited By Mr_Skeleton

@Gladiator_Games said:

"There was this bright light, and me mother was there.. then it was like YOINK! NOT YET STUPID! And I was here! Wierd innit?" - Tomi Undergallows (NWN)

I love that line.

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#24  Edited By Animasta

"Now's not the time to be dead" - Vincent from Catherine

sgtsphynx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 32

#25  Edited By sgtsphynx  Moderator

My only regret is that I have...Boneitis. - Steven Castle (That Guy) from Futurama

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#26  Edited By Sooty

take your pick:

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#27  Edited By musubi

@jerseyscum said:

"Bang"- Cowboy Beebop

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#28  Edited By Yummylee

@DeF said:

@codynewill said:

@MooseyMcMan said:

@DeF said:

@codynewill said:

I think as far as the bad VO we're all set. That's one area RE never ... disappoints(?) in.

I think RE5 had solid voice acting. It was undeniably campy, but intentionally so. There was a fair bit of talent involved after all. Oh, but Ricardo Irving was exceptionally terrible.

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By MooseyMcMan

@Abyssfull said:

@DeF said:

@codynewill said:

@MooseyMcMan said:

@DeF said:

@codynewill said:

I think RE5 had solid voice acting. It was undeniably campy, but intentionally so. There was a fair bit of talent involved after all. Oh, but Ricardo Irving was exceptionally terrible.

I concur (and I will add that I feel like Irving was intentionally campy because he was that ridiculous).

Dagbiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#30  Edited By Dagbiker

"Do Good Things" - The Muffin Man, Shrek

codynewill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By codynewill

@MooseyMcMan said:

@Abyssfull said:

@DeF said:

@codynewill said:

@MooseyMcMan said:

@DeF said:

@codynewill said:

I concur (and I will add that I feel like Irving was intentionally campy because he was that ridiculous).

I'm not convinced that it is consistently intentional though. There are definitely moments where the characters get serious and try to pull some emotion out of the player, and then Irving blows that all away with two seconds of his ridiculous voice.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#32  Edited By Justin258

@Morrow said:

@NegativeCero said:

@jerseyscum

"Bang"- Cowboy Beebop

This.

Has my vote too :)

As well as mine.

@Sooty said:

take your pick:

That just sounds fantastically painful.

Meanwhile, I'm going to go ahead and suggest:

and

DeF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By DeF

@codynewill said:

@MooseyMcMan said:

@Abyssfull said:

@DeF said:

@codynewill said:

@MooseyMcMan said:

@DeF said:

@codynewill said:

I'm not convinced that it is consistently intentional though. There are definitely moments where the characters get serious and try to pull some emotion out of the player, and then Irving blows that all away with two seconds of his ridiculous voice.

I'd actually revise my statement partially 'cause I think the quality of the voice performances is actually just a symptom of the bad writing of the source material. For how many cutscenes they like to throw in our faces, they sure as hell don't put enough effort in to keep up with the quality in other mediums. Even a good voice actor can only do so much with a bad line and little context. But of course there sometimes are people who simply do terrible work.

TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By TobbRobb

Because I'm too tired, and don't really feel like thinking up one for myself, I'm just gonna say that Cowboy Bebop and Blade Runner are the two winners of this thread.

Enigma777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#35  Edited By Enigma777

Vaya con Dios - the priest guy from King of the Hill

jakkblades

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#36  Edited By jakkblades

Unforgiven:

Little Bill: I don't deserve this. I was building a house!

Will Munny: Deserve's got nothing to do with it.

captain_max707

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By captain_max707

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRGGGG" 

Bulletstorm (Any character)

jakkblades

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#38  Edited By jakkblades

Or how bout:

Sam bowed his head.

"The wind goeth toward the south, and turneth about unto the north. It whirleth about continually, and the wind returneth again according to his circuits. All the rivers run into the sea, yet the sea is not full. Unto the place from whence the rivers come, thither they return again. The thing that hath been, it is that which shall be, and that which is done is that which shall be done. There is no remembrance of former things, neither shall there be any remembrance of things that are to come with those that shall come after..."

Then he covered the Black One with his cloak of white, for he had died.

Dagbiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#39  Edited By Dagbiker

"Just Been Revoked"

Blackout62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#40  Edited By Blackout62

"I am the very model of a-" *Bang* - Mordin Solus, Mass Effect 3.

Capum15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Capum15
@Blackout62: Yes.
Jay444111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Jay444111

@DeF said:

@codynewill said:

@MooseyMcMan said:

@Abyssfull said:

@DeF said:

@codynewill said:

@MooseyMcMan said:

@DeF said:

@codynewill said:

I'd actually revise my statement partially 'cause I think the quality of the voice performances is actually just a symptom of the bad writing of the source material. For how many cutscenes they like to throw in our faces, they sure as hell don't put enough effort in to keep up with the quality in other mediums. Even a good voice actor can only do so much with a bad line and little context. But of course there sometimes are people who simply do terrible work.

Their still better in all ways compared to the movies though, Voice acting and story are like Shakespeare level quality when compared to those movies!