#1 Posted by The_Drizzle (624 posts) -

My DSi has been tucked away for quite some time and i have never really played any games on it. What are 3-5 games you would recommend that are a must play on the system?

#2 Posted by mtcantor (922 posts) -

Picross 3D

#3 Posted by Video_Game_King (34594 posts) -

Dragon Quest games, Final Fantasy games, Fire Emblem games, 358/2 Days, Canvas Curse, Phantom Hourglass, Lufia, Mario games, Metroid games, Meteos, Ninja Gaiden, Professor Layton, Radiant Historia, Sonic Rush, TWEWY, Wario games, and some stuff I'm probably forgetting.

#4 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19153 posts) -
#5 Posted by AlisterCat (5397 posts) -

All the Phoenix Wright games. Apollo Justice. All the pokemon games.

#6 Posted by Redhotchilimist (171 posts) -

Ghost Trick was really good.

#7 Posted by AndrewB (7190 posts) -

Pokemon Black or White, New Super Mario Bros, Mario Kart DS, Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow, Henry Hatsworth, Nine Hours Nine Persons Nine Doors.

#8 Posted by fantasyfreak07 (65 posts) -

I would recommend Devil Survivor 1 + 2, SMT Strange Journey, Radiant Historia, The World Ends With You, Final Fantasy IV, and all the Ace Attorney games.

#9 Edited by The_Drizzle (624 posts) -

@FluxWaveZ said:

There have been too many of this exact thread... just a simple search would provide answers. Hell, we have an anchored thread on quality DS games in the Nintendo DS forum.

Easy killer, that thread was last edited a year ago. Not to say many new DS games have come out since then, however, peoples opinions might have changed or a new gem (of a game) might have been discovered. Also, the forums have seemed rather stagnant lately so i didn't see the harm in creating a new topic for conversation.

#10 Posted by NegativeCero (2925 posts) -

If I had to choose 3 games to recommend they would be Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia, Dragon Quest IX, and any of the Phoenix Wright games.

#11 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19153 posts) -

@The_Drizzle: This one was just posted last week (granted that also includes 3DS games), but what's the use of an anchored thread if people aren't going to bump it when they want to ask something relating to the topic?

In the end, it doesn't matter, though.

#12 Posted by TehFlan (1944 posts) -

The World Ends With You, Kirby Mass Attack, Pokemon Black/White, Mario and Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story, Fire Emblem Shadow Dragon

#13 Posted by believer258 (11039 posts) -

@Video_Game_King said:

Metroid games,

I guess if you really want some Metroid with your pinball...

Anyway, there's Chrono Trigger, Mega Man ZX, New Super Mario Bros., and there's a Mega Man Zero collection somewhere. Sonic Rush is pretty good if you like Sonic games, New Super Mario Bros. is fun for platforming, Mario Kart DS is still fun for some stupid reason, and I hear lots of good things about Radiant Historia whenever it's mentioned.

Finally, there's Metroid Fusion and Zero Mission, but I don't know if you can get those in any form on a DSi. Does it have a GBA slot? Or isn't there a way to get them online? If there is, get those two games, they're fantastic. Avoid the DS Metroid, Hunters, it's downright horrid.

#14 Posted by MocBucket62 (1039 posts) -

Kirby Canvas Curse, New Super Mario Bros., Mario Kart DS, Tetris DS, Ace Attorney games, Advance Wars 3 and the Age of Empires Age of Kings DS game.

#15 Posted by ttocs (753 posts) -

Dragon Quest IX is my favorite DS game.  You can sink so much into that game and it's crazy fun with the loot and outfits.  

#16 Posted by TooWalrus (12972 posts) -

@believer258 said:

@Video_Game_King said:

Metroid games,

I guess if you really want some Metroid with your pinball...

Finally, there's Metroid Fusion and Zero Mission, but I don't know if you can get those in any form on a DSi. Does it have a GBA slot? Or isn't there a way to get them online? If there is, get those two games, they're fantastic. Avoid the DS Metroid, Hunters, it's downright horrid.

Indeed. I remember really liking Metroid Pinball. My 15-year-old self might have had terrible taste, though.

#17 Posted by Sogeman (851 posts) -

Ace Attorney 1-4

I played those games like 5 times. Everytime I finish with the last one I wait some time and start over.

#18 Posted by blueinferno (422 posts) -

Super Scribblenauts is worth checking out.

#19 Posted by FancySoapsMan (5750 posts) -
@mtcantor said:

Picross 3D

This. Great way to kill dozens of hours.
#20 Posted by Jay444111 (2441 posts) -

You all dissapoint me greatly! What about Infinite Space dammit!? That game is freaking awesome!

#21 Posted by ashleychittock (136 posts) -

Final Fantasy 4

Picross 3d

Professor Layton

Pheonix Wright

Advance Wars Dual Strike

#22 Posted by kalmia64 (58 posts) -

Animal Crossing: Wild World

Trace Memory

Hotel Dusk: Room 215

Lost in Blue

Super Princess Peach (imo one of the best Mario games ever)

#23 Posted by Vegetable_Side_Dish (1722 posts) -
@Video_Game_King said:

Dragon Quest games, Final Fantasy games, Fire Emblem games, 358/2 Days, Canvas Curse, Phantom Hourglass, Lufia, Mario games, Metroid games, Meteos, Ninja Gaiden, Professor Layton, Radiant Historia, Sonic Rush, TWEWY, Wario games, and some stuff I'm probably forgetting.

You forgot the most important one, Ouendan. I thought you were supposed to be on top of this sort of stuff. 
#24 Posted by BeachThunder (11260 posts) -

@Redhotchilimist said:

Ghost Trick was really good.

#25 Posted by SlapHappyJesus (120 posts) -

The Dragon Quest titles are great, as is The World Ends with You.

Other than that, you can't go wrong with the Advance Wars games or the Ace Attorney series.

There are a lot of good games for the DS. It all comes down to preference. If you are a JRPG fan though, this little handheld is probably a dream come true.