#1 Posted by crusader8463 (14412 posts) -

In spirit of all the 2010 lists going around, I thought it might be interesting to see what some of the games people wanted to play but for whatever reason never got around to it. So without further introduction, my list of the best games of 2010 that I never got around to playing.  

2010 Best Games I Never Got Around To Playing

NOTE: No particular order. I just added them as I found them in the release list.

1. The Sly Collection

(PS3) This was one of the PS2 franchises that I skipped over completely the first time around even though I always wanted to play it. Waiting for it to drop to the magic $20 price point before I pick it up though.

2. Enslaved: Odyssey to the West

(PS3) The game looked as if it had a fun story, but I could tell it wasn't a very long game, and it turns out I was right. I don't have the kind of money to throw away on a full priced game for an after noon of gameplay then have it sit on my shelf collecting dust. Another game to add to the waiting for $20 pile.

3. Dead Rising 2

(PC) I got it for my PC, but it turns out my PC doesn't like the game and it won't run above 10-15 FPS at best. So I'm waiting until I can ether scratch enough money together to upgrade my computer, or waiting for it to drop to $20 and I may get it for my PS3.

4. Red Dead Redemption

(PS3) I was holding out hope that Rockstar was just being a douche and waiting a few months to release the PC version, but by the time it sunk in that that was never going to happen it had been long enough for me to just keep waiting. Another game going into the $20 pile.

5. Nier

(PS3) Not much to say. It just looked like an interesting game, despite the horrible character design on the main character, but I just have too much of a back log on my plate as it is that I'm going to wait. A local EB Games had it on sale for $5, but I sadly could not get in that day to grab it.

6. Resonance of Fate

(360) I got this game from someone off a local trading site called Kijiji.ca for around $5. I have been meaning to pop it in, but I started work shortly after getting it and then I got my huge backlog of PS3 games, and now Steam games because of the holiday sale, and it just keeps getting pushed back. Some day I will play it.

7. Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War II: Chaos Rising

(PC) I was not a fan of the main games online mode, but I really enjoyed co-oping the story mode with a friend of mine and would love to do it with the expansion. I have been waiting for the game to go on sale and have always seemed to miss it every time it has. Hoping this years Steam Christmas sale will put and end to that.

8. Yakuza 3

(PS3) I have been a japanophile pretty much all my life, and this game letting you walk around an open world Japan will probably be the closest I ever come to getting to go to Japan. On top of that it looks like it has a interesting story and fascinating characters. I bought it online during my big PS3 binge, but it's one of the many games on this list that I just haven't found the time to get into yet.

9. Heavy Rain

(PS3) I love me some story in games, and this one looks great. I also love it's unique gameplay and it looks like something I can easily find myself getting into for a long time. I was looking to pick it up during my big PS3 binge last month,, but they are still asking around $50-$60 for it and I just don't have that kind of money to spend on a single game. So sadly it's going in the pile with the rest of the waiting for $20 games.

10. Bayonetta

(PS3) I found it in a bin at a local Wal-Mart for $20 and decided to pick it up. Not much else to say other then it always looked interesting, but I knew that it fell into the category of being the kind of game you play for a day or two then put it on your shelf and never touch it again. I'm planning to use it as a palette cleanser in between the metric crap ton of RPG'S that I have on my shelf waiting to get played.

11. Darksiders

(PC) Like Dead Rising 2 I got it on my PC, but it refuses to run at anything other then 10-15 FPS. Waiting on computer upgrade money to get into it.

12. Majin and the Forsaken Kingdom

(PS3) I love the art design and fairy tail atmosphere the game seems to be dripping with from watching the trailers. It looks like it will be another awesome game that no one plays or even remembers came out. Waiting for it to drop to the $20 point.

#2 Posted by ShockD (2393 posts) -

Mass Effect 2 :( Still trying to find time for it...

#3 Posted by gamb1t (964 posts) -

alan wake, mass effect 2 (just got for free with my 360), red dead redemption and the expansion, fallout new vegas. i like being behind a year or so in games cause god damn its a cheap and easy lifestyle. just got uncharted for 18 bucks today. what a great fucken game btw.

#4 Posted by ShadowKnight508 (659 posts) -
#5 Posted by GunstarRed (5030 posts) -

God of War 3, although I have heard a bunch of people complaining about it. I would also liked to have played more Yakuza 3/ Mod Nation Racers but my ps3 broke and the saves for both are gone.
#6 Posted by TobyD81 (1227 posts) -

For me it's Red Dead Redemption and Mass Effect 2, which I can't play until I finish Mass Effect 1.

#7 Posted by BibleDoctor (698 posts) -

Chaos Rising always looked interesting to me, might pick it up on Steam. Never got around to it.

#8 Posted by Irishjohn (581 posts) -

Metro 2033 and Fallout: New Vegas.

#9 Posted by drac96 (667 posts) -

Resonance of Fate and Yakuza 3 are definitely worth playing. I didn't really like Nier that much though 

I didn't get around to playing Red Dead Redemption, the Sly Collection, or NBA Jam. 

#10 Posted by WinterSnowblind (7613 posts) -

Yakuza 3 is the only one I own that I haven't got around to playing. 
But there's a few I still want to pick up.

#11 Posted by 02sfraser (847 posts) -

Mass Effect 2 and Red Dead Redemption. Luckily my flatmate has both so I can get started on them in the new year!

#12 Posted by StingerMK2 (386 posts) -

Vanquish and Resonance of Fate were the biggies for me, also very tempted to pick up Hot Pursuit,

#13 Posted by Guided_By_Tigers (8061 posts) -

There are so many for me.

#14 Posted by Marz (5642 posts) -

super mario galaxy 2

#15 Posted by Fjordson (2448 posts) -

I didn't give enough love to Civ V. Will definitely be revisiting that. Also, still need to check out Enslaved and Super Meat Boy.

#16 Posted by CactusJack (143 posts) -

Mass Effect 2.  I am working on Mass Effect 1 right now, then I'll be diving into it.

#17 Posted by kalmis (1558 posts) -

It is way too many 2010 titles that I didn't get to play. 
Probably biggest is Mass Effect 2. Which I even got on the release day. Refused to play it because I lost my save game from Mass Effect 1. Had to send my Xbox 360 for repair. Thought that they were able to fix it, but of course not. Got a credit to buy a new one instead, but lost of course everything I had on that HDD. So I've decided to wait until ME3 comes out and play those all in row.

#18 Posted by EVO (3864 posts) -
@crusader8463: $40 is a steal for the Sly collection.
#19 Posted by Eristocrat (439 posts) -

Starcraft II, Civ V and any other PC only releases.

#20 Posted by Sulla (49 posts) -

At least 15 that I haven't gotten around to yet, but still want to play. As for the best games I'll probably never get around to playing: Bayonetta and Donkey Kong Country Returns.

#21 Posted by Video_Game_King (36013 posts) -

Almost all of them, but to give this post relevance to me, Fire Emblem: Shin Monshou no Nazo and Dragon Quest VI. Those games were supposed to be released in 2010, but only one of them has a confirmed NA release. For next year, mind you.

#22 Posted by FancySoapsMan (5806 posts) -

Amnesia

#23 Posted by dlwarner (36 posts) -

I started playing Alan Wake.  After I put a couple of hours into it my brother finally picked up and Xbox and then Red Dead Redemption multiplayer engulfed my free time.

#24 Posted by Raymayne (1226 posts) -

I have played pretty much every 'decent' console game released this year, so I don't have many regrets really, only wish I'd got around to playing one or two things that didn't get much buzz but I was still kinda interested in like Nier.

#25 Posted by Geno (6477 posts) -

My major one was RDR, I'll pick it up when there's a GOTY edition with the DLC.