• 55 results
#1 Edited by 34f3ecwdc3 (162 posts) -

My bet it's on horror games and Rag Doll Kung Fu.

Edit

Another one would be Chicken Invaders.

#2 Posted by Double0hFor (410 posts) -

GTA Vice City/San Andreas

#4 Posted by Nictel (2312 posts) -

Mario Kart -> Rainbow Road.

#5 Posted by Missacre (566 posts) -

Mario Kart. A 4 player, 16 race game is nuts when everybody's smashed.

#6 Posted by DharmaBum (1060 posts) -

Geometry Wars, Rez, Pac-Man CE DX

#7 Edited by Klei (1768 posts) -

Gay sex and twister are pretty neat. You can blame it on the alcohol afterwards.

#8 Posted by Animasta (14460 posts) -

uh, braid, obvi.

#9 Edited by jking47 (1190 posts) -

There is only one answer. Smashed Smash. I have had many fun nights with friends, intoxicating substances, and a Gamecube.

#10 Edited by GeneralZod37 (255 posts) -

LEGO Lord Of The Rings is pretty damn fun when you're baked off your ass.

#11 Posted by OneLoneClone (39 posts) -

Beautiful Katamari, Saints Row 3 or 4, Burnout REvenge (the crash modes), Super Smash Bros, Wario. Rock Band (mike only - player vocals up, real vocals off - karaoke style).

And all the games DharmaBum listed.

#12 Edited by slyspider (1033 posts) -

If your high i would say the police station. Little know game only available at your local jail. As for drunk I find horror games to be awesome as they lower my ability to remind myself that it is just a game.

#13 Posted by stonepawfox (235 posts) -

proteus is interesting after you drink a bunch of cough syrup

someone once told me

#14 Posted by EarlessShrimp (1583 posts) -

Tron 2.0

#15 Posted by Video_Game_King (34594 posts) -

@missacre said:

Funny anecdote: I've actually played Mario Kart drunk. Sort of. It was at an anti-drunk driving event that had free pizza (I will do any dumb thing if there's free pizza involved), and there were goggles that simulated various degrees of inebriation. I don't remember what I picked, but I'm guessing it was "fairly drunk". Anyway, I raced other people wearing these goggles, and not only did I come in first out of these players (I can't remember if it was first all around, but I know I beat the other players), but I actually drove with a scarily high amount of responsibility. No swerving or crashing. Just my hands on ten and two (probably), my kart always on the road. I never knew I was such a good drunk driver.

#16 Posted by ShockD (2381 posts) -

Play the doctor game, if you know what I mean...

No, you sick fuck, I didn't mean Surgeon Simulator.

#17 Posted by Aetheldod (3333 posts) -

" Winners dont take drugs"

#18 Posted by jgf (366 posts) -

But as only one can win, does that mean all others do drugs? :P

#19 Posted by TyCobb (1924 posts) -

@missacre said:

Funny anecdote: I've actually played Mario Kart drunk. Sort of. It was at an anti-drunk driving event that had free pizza (I will do any dumb thing if there's free pizza involved), and there were goggles that simulated various degrees of inebriation. I don't remember what I picked, but I'm guessing it was "fairly drunk". Anyway, I raced other people wearing these goggles, and not only did I come in first out of these players (I can't remember if it was first all around, but I know I beat the other players), but I actually drove with a scarily high amount of responsibility. No swerving or crashing. Just my hands on ten and two (probably), my kart always on the road. I never knew I was such a good drunk driver.

I am assuming this is because goggles that screw up one's vision, doesn't actually simulate someone being drunk. Your brain is still fully functional and aware enough to compensate for the vision impairment.

The thing that I want to know is, why would screwed up vision effect drunkenness? I have been drunk countless times and my vision is fully intact. Do other people get blurred vision? I am more crippled by clouded judgement and delayed reflexes.

Also, thanks for reminding me of this:

#20 Posted by falserelic (4941 posts) -

If they do get drunk, hopefully they don't end up acting this weird...

#21 Edited by Video_Game_King (34594 posts) -

@tycobb said:

The thing that I want to know is, why would screwed up vision effect drunkenness? I have been drunk countless times and my vision is fully intact. Do other people get blurred vision? I am more crippled by clouded judgement and delayed reflexes.

I don't know. I've never been drunk (unless you count the Mario Kart escapades).

#22 Edited by big_jon (5657 posts) -

Oh god...

#23 Posted by Missacre (566 posts) -

@tycobb said:

@video_game_king said:

@missacre said:

I am assuming this is because goggles that screw up one's vision, doesn't actually simulate someone being drunk. Your brain is still fully functional and aware enough to compensate for the vision impairment.

Also, thanks for reminding me of this:

When I'm drunk, I only get blurred vision when I lose my glasses, as I can't see a damn thing without them. Have you ever lost your glasses when you're drunk? It's no fun at all, especially when you keep knocking over your own drink.

#24 Posted by Clonedzero (3719 posts) -

@tycobb said:

I don't know. I've never been drunk (unless you count the Mario Kart escapades).

No, being drunk does not effect your vision.

It can effect your hand-eye coordination which i guess is what the dumb goggles were going for?

#25 Posted by jerseyscum (852 posts) -

Dude. I'm rolling so hard right now. The colors man.......

#26 Posted by TyCobb (1924 posts) -

@missacre: I am lucky enough to have not lost or broken my glasses while inebriated. **knocks on wood**

#27 Posted by 34f3ecwdc3 (162 posts) -

@falserelic: it reminds me of Terry Crew's funny workout, but this one is funny

#28 Posted by ThePickle (4149 posts) -

According to Giant Bomb, Braid.

#29 Posted by Video_Game_King (34594 posts) -
#30 Posted by falserelic (4941 posts) -

@apocalybra: LOL! I remember watching that show back in the day, that scene reminded me when Terry was high on Molly in White Chicks.

#31 Posted by ThunderSlash (1367 posts) -

They got this game for people who smoke and people who drink. Like if you drink beer and you get drunk or you smoke weed and you get high, like anything if you get fucked up. They got this game right? THIS SHIT CALLED BRAID!

Whoooooooooooooooooop! I just psyched your ass out!

#32 Posted by Slaegar (626 posts) -
@tycobb said:

When I get waaaay too drunk like I'm going to hate myself tomorrow drunk and I turn my head quickly things can take a bit longer to come into focus. Its similar to the drunk in GTA IV. Although I've never been drunk enough to have as much difficulty walking as Niko seems to have while he's sober. When I'm drunk my judgement is usually still pretty good, I'm more willing to let my hair down as it were, but I still know not to light my hat on fire or something. My coordination and reflexes definitely take a hit.

I've been blessed with a stomach that doesn't handle carbonation super well (I never drink soda) so my stomach usually feels bloated long before I get wildly drunk. One time while camping I drank for 12 hours straight and walked and talked mostly fine because I only had 11-13 adult beverages.

A lot of games are more fun when you are a little buzzed. Anything you want to get immersed into can be a ton of fun with a beer or two in you. Deep thought games like tricky puzzle games or strategy games can be too frustrating after a drink, though. I don't know any games that are out right improved by being hammered, but something straight forward would be more manageable. I bet a beat 'em up like Streets of Rage would be alright.

As far as getting high and playing games, I have no experience.

Anyone else feel a little uncomfortable about this question? I am a regular drinker, but for some reason the idea of getting drunk and playing video games (which I totally do) sounds depressing. If you were hanging out with friends and having beer then decided to play some games, that's cool, though.

#33 Edited by 34f3ecwdc3 (162 posts) -

@slaegar said:

Anyone else feel a little uncomfortable about this question? I am a regular drinker, but for some reason the idea of getting drunk and playing video games (which I totally do) sounds depressing. If you were hanging out with friends and having beer then decided to play some games, that's cool, though.

A try won't kill and drinking alone or with friends it doesn't matter, the fact that playing something like what's up there written while being very drunk, it becomes a mind fuck.

#34 Posted by laserguy (413 posts) -

I like to get stoned and play forza.

#35 Posted by believer258 (11039 posts) -

@video_game_king said:

@tycobb said:

No, being drunk does not effect your vision.

It can effect your hand-eye coordination which i guess is what the dumb goggles were going for?

I remember the goggles. I had to do that in my freshman year of high school. Now, I've never been drunk myself (for personal reasons), but pretty much everyone in the class knew that blurry vision is not the big problem with drunk driving. The dumb goggles are an attempt at deterring kids from driving drunk, but I just remember everyone bragging about how well they stayed on course. Which is incredibly ironic, now that I'm looking back.

Anyway, whoever invented the goggles clearly didn't understand that a) you can still see well enough to navigate a slow kart around a short course and b) your brain is still perfectly fine while using them. It's a half-assed attempt by a monkey who gets paid too much to try and convince kids that driving drunk is a dumb idea.

#36 Posted by Missacre (566 posts) -

@slaegar said:
@tycobb said:

Nah, there's really no shame in drinking alone, if you can control it, at least. I do it all the time. My husband's away on business a lot, so I usually get drunk and play games or watch movies all by myself. Of course, I'll sometimes invite friends over to join me.

#37 Posted by mlarrabee (2759 posts) -

#38 Posted by Akeldama (4216 posts) -

I played Outlast in its entirety really stoned. Wouldn't recommend that method of play to anyone.

#39 Edited by 34f3ecwdc3 (162 posts) -

@akeldama: That I am going to do next weekend.

#40 Posted by crusader8463 (14305 posts) -

X-Com.

#41 Posted by ADAMWD (499 posts) -
#42 Posted by Christoffer (1652 posts) -

I had a really good time playing Team Fortress 2 and Mass Effect 3 multiplayer with some beers. In other words. Kind of casual, low risk but fairly chaotic multiplayer with friends and some drinks makes for a fun time.

But I then got deep into Diablo 3 hardcore, Path of Exile hardcore and later Dota which are immensely less fun under the influence.

#43 Edited by Blu3V3nom07 (4027 posts) -

Halo.

#44 Posted by Rebel_Scum (559 posts) -

I got back into Video games after a 6-7 year break thanks to my mate showing me RE5 whilst we were on acid and I was sold just by looking at the title screen.

Coming down on acid and playing Halo Reach was fun. The way the music comes in during battle blew my mind. Other than that I hate Halo.

Smoking weed and GTAIV: TBOGT went together like Soulja Boy and Braid.

#45 Posted by TheManWithNoPlan (4429 posts) -

Hotline Miami.

#46 Posted by Brodehouse (9370 posts) -

I don't drink ever since I started smoking marijuana. Far superior feeling, slightly cheaper (compared to pubs) and doesn't interfere with a 9 to 5. And I don't think I've ever played a game drunk.

But let me tell you, all the historical and cultural touchstones in Fallout New Vegas are pretty amazing. So is the convergent experience of something like Bastion, so many beautiful elements working in harmony, the narration, the music, the art, the setting, the gameplay. Dragon's Crown has also been extremely good under the influence. It feels exactly like a traditional D&D adventure, just viewed sidelong and with awesome DMC combos.

Oh, I played all of Forza Horizon stoned. It became a little ritual an hour before bed, nice way to finish up a day. I specifically remember parking my Audi on the shoulder so I could listen to Punching in a Dream by The Naked And The Famous without any distractions.

#47 Edited by Nodima (942 posts) -

NBA 2K, Rockstar Games, XCOM Enemy Unknown (IMO), Civ (ooooooh Civ), Street Fighter / Mortal Kombat, Journey.

Contrary to a lot of people I know, football games bum me out when I'm drunk or high, the start and stop flow grinds on me. But I do enjoy the FIFA games at that point for a lot of the same reasons as NBA2K.

#48 Posted by ArbitraryWater (11001 posts) -

Space Giraffe? The answer is Space Giraffe, right?

#49 Posted by Ethan_Raiden (339 posts) -

Dota 2 or Rome 2 for me atm

#50 Edited by Sinusoidal (1152 posts) -

Except for, y'know, Lance Armstrong and Michael Phelps, two of the winningest athletes in history..

Find a version of Shmupmame somewhere if it still exists and play all the late nineties, early oughties bullet hell shooters you can find. Sexy Parodius is a particular favorite. Utter madness. It's the Japanesest.