• 63 results
  • 1
  • 2
Avatar image for ramone
#1 Edited by Ramone (3080 posts) -

Just wanted to dedicate a thread to the weird and wonderful things that the GB staff produce while on camera or recording the podcast.
Here is a few to get started
Vinny: He looks like a caveman...crossed with a fish.
Vinny: It's like chocolate in my mouth.
Jeff (On many occasions during the Persona 4 E.R): It's about to cause SOMETHING to happen.
UPDATE: Brad (Reacting to fast travel on Deadly Premonition): HOLY FUCKING SHIT!

Avatar image for navyseils
#2 Posted by Navyseils (165 posts) -

Banana mouth deserves a mention. 

Avatar image for allprox
#3 Posted by Allprox (624 posts) -

Jeff: AAAAAHHHHH SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Avatar image for ghostiet
#4 Posted by Ghostiet (5832 posts) -

Vinny: The ball?

Jeff: YES, THEFUCKINGBALL. Goddammit.

Avatar image for rockanomics
#5 Posted by Rockanomics (1187 posts) -

I'm still going with "Drink more milk!"

Avatar image for newmarcom
#6 Edited by newmarcom (318 posts) -
Avatar image for icil
#7 Edited by Icil (749 posts) -

"Man, you throw dark" (but so does Giantbomb.com)

Avatar image for imhungryx10
#8 Posted by ImHungryx10 (248 posts) -

The Left for Dead 2 the Passing quick look
 
Brad: "This game is very steamy."
Vinny: "Get your hand off my thigh."

Avatar image for mshaw006
#9 Posted by mshaw006 (585 posts) -

Anything in Jeff's... I don't know that crazy voice he does. An example from the Sonic All-Stars QL, when he gets to BD Joe on the character select: "'WE GON HAVE SOME FUN!' he would say."

Avatar image for fubar
#10 Posted by Fubar (176 posts) -

Dave from the   King Arthur: The Role-Playing Wargame quick look ...  
 
Dave is showing the game to Vinny end Mike from upstairs. 
At the end of the quick look Vinny asks Mike what he thinks of the game and Mike asks Dave:
 
Mike: "Is there an econonic component, is there a tech tree, is there upgrades"  

Dave: "I'm the king"

Avatar image for kyreo
#11 Posted by Kyreo (4683 posts) -

Dick Mohawk.  That was the best one.  It was on one of the Bombcasts.... I forget which one though.

Avatar image for rallier
#12 Posted by Rallier (1947 posts) -

Jeff: " Tastes like genocide!"

Avatar image for nanikore
#13 Posted by nanikore (2755 posts) -

"Cunt." 
                    - Vincent Caravella

Avatar image for yummylee
#14 Posted by Yummylee (24646 posts) -
@nanikore said:
""Cunt."                     - Vincent Caravella "

We have a winner!
Avatar image for apparatus_unearth
#15 Posted by Apparatus_Unearth (3645 posts) -

Do you know about Shin Megami Tensei games? I sure as hell don't!

Avatar image for fwylo
#16 Posted by fwylo (3571 posts) -

There are too many to mention!
 
Banana mouth is serious stuff though.

Avatar image for karolis
#17 Posted by Karolis (299 posts) -
 @Icil said: 
" "Man, you throw dark" (but so does Giantbomb.com) "
@birdflu777 said:
" Do you know about Shin Megami Tensei games? I sure as hell don't! "
You could've quoted the whole video for all I care, that thing is awesome! 
"If you know about roundhouse kicks, type it on the site! It goes right on the site! On the webpage! Of the site!"
Avatar image for baba2
#18 Posted by baba2 (276 posts) -

"More Safari, less track." - Vinny 
"Get Lei'd" - Jeff

Avatar image for berezov
#19 Posted by Berezov (556 posts) -

"Ugh..." - Brad

Avatar image for broitman
#20 Posted by Broitman (162 posts) -

FUCK YOUR MILK (or hospitality depends which part of that quicklook you're watching) also that is most definitely not the bookcase.

Avatar image for zidane_24
#21 Posted by Zidane_24 (750 posts) -
@nanikore said:
" "Cunt."                     - Vincent Caravella "
This.
Avatar image for napalm
#22 Posted by Napalm (9230 posts) -

Jeff: SCRAMBLE 'EM 'TIL THEY'RE DRY. I HATE WET EGGS!

Avatar image for gabha
#23 Posted by gabha (403 posts) -

X on X violence, when will it end!
 
Any time they try to steer away from innuendo but make it worse (like the prototype QL, and that game with sucking balls into paddles, forgot the name).
 
Any time they tongue-in-cheekily deconstruct a gaming convention (like Dante's Inferno's QL beginning).

Avatar image for napalm
#24 Posted by Napalm (9230 posts) -

I also forgot...
 
"YO FIFTY...
 
 
 
 
 
 
...HIT THAT BIG-ASS RAMP!"

Avatar image for roujinx
#25 Edited by RoujinX (428 posts) -


Dave: "Fish don't have hands, but they can still swim."
Avatar image for kirbichu54
#26 Posted by Kirbichu54 (122 posts) -

"This isn't a game anymore, it's just Dave."

Avatar image for dr_feelgood38
#27 Posted by Dr_Feelgood38 (1582 posts) -

I believe it went something like this: 

Vinny: "Big Johnson says: liquor in the front... poker in the rear."
Ryan: "HAH!" 
Jeff: "I don't really see how that applies"
Ryan: "Yeah, you wouldn't!"

Avatar image for donkeysraliens
#28 Posted by Donkeysraliens (154 posts) -

So many to choose from: 
 
Vinny: "Brought to you by the fine makers of Cunt!" 
 
Ryan: "The ogre is on some baller shit! he's got his castle in the sky, got his fly lady, he just rolls in the front door, starts going off the head..." 
 
Vinny (about 'totally spies') "there's three of them....one of them's actually kind of hot..." 
Others: "err...."  
Ryan: "....moving on...."
Vinny: "... i mean... what?" 
 
Jeff: "i swear to... this is the worst fucking website in the world! they funded this! they funded this and this is what we doing with it!" 
Ryan: "i know, somebody paid money, like tens of thousands of dollars!" 
Jeff: "there probably watching this upstairs and just going like 'god, we have to pull the plug on this!! i mean, it seemed like a good idea, those guys at least pretended like they knew what they were talking about!'"

Avatar image for rjayb89
#29 Posted by rjayb89 (7810 posts) -

Wanna stab a guy with me? 
 
Come on, man.

Avatar image for brodehouse
#30 Posted by Brodehouse (10827 posts) -

Jeff: "Bobby Kotick should really just shut up.  He should shut the fuck up.  Maybe he wasn't serious.  But if he was serious, then that's the dumbest thing I've heard... in at least a week and a half."
 
Jeff: "President Reagan says fuck you."

Avatar image for hutzebraedl
#31 Posted by Hutzebraedl (42 posts) -

 "I don't fuckin' understand that shit." - Brad about Deadly Premonition

Avatar image for toastman
#32 Posted by ToastMan (155 posts) -

On the Persona ER, Igor is explaining that he's offering a new form of assistance to the player, and then Vinny goes with an Igor voice: "It's called a Glock".
Floored me.

Avatar image for ramone
#33 Posted by Ramone (3080 posts) -

Vinny (Singing): Poo Poo Pocket...
Ryan: What's the rest of the lyrics?
Vinny: Smell my hand

Avatar image for the_a_drain
#34 Posted by The_A_Drain (4073 posts) -

I love it when Ryan says "It's shitty" to describe something, he says it all the time lol "It's shitty, it's just, shitty" :P

Avatar image for leviticus128
#35 Posted by Leviticus128 (247 posts) -

Ryan: 'We got a big package in the mail today'
Vinny: 'I've got a big package'
Ryan: 'You know, I wish you wouldn't talk this time'

Avatar image for slab64
#36 Posted by Slab64 (1138 posts) -

I gotta start writing them down when I hear them...like I used to do in middle school watching the Simpsons, I would keep a notepad handy.
 
The only classic one I can remember right now is when Teddy's head first comes off in the old Endurance Run-
 
Jeff: Oh CHRIST

Avatar image for the_laughing_man
#37 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13807 posts) -

Anything in the Noby noby boy quick look

Avatar image for fogh
#38 Posted by fogh (188 posts) -

When Vinny told Ryan "spit on it" because the hot dog was a tight fit!
Avatar image for thehbk
#39 Posted by TheHBK (5664 posts) -

Jeff:  Don't like it.  Eat a dick. 
 
Brad:  You guys ever see those pictures of dinosaurs having sex with cars? 
The Crew: *Silence*
Avatar image for red12b
#40 Posted by Red12b (9358 posts) -
@Donkeysraliens said:

" Jeff: "i swear to... this is the worst fucking website in the world! they funded this! they funded this and this is what we doing with it!" Ryan: "i know, somebody paid money, like tens of thousands of dollars!" Jeff: "there probably watching this upstairs and just going like 'god, we have to pull the plug on this!! i mean, it seemed like a good idea, those guys at least pretended like they knew what they were talking about!'" "

where'd this come from? 
 
Mine would have to be when QLing The Punisher No Mercy, 
Ryan and Vinny bring out a couple of pure gold comments 
 
Vinny 
"So can you use that zoom on that gun" 
Ryan 
"No" 
Vinny 
"Really?" 
Ryan 
"Yep" 
 
 
Also later on in that same QL 
 
 Ryan 
"So yeah as you kill people your gun upgrades" 
 Vinny 
"Is that part of the Punisher fiction?" 
Ryan 
"Oh yeah, That's what happens in The Punisher, Is that you kill dudes and his guns are Magic," 
Vinny (Half laughing)
"I can't tell if your lying or not, I don't know" 
Ryan 
"No, That not punisher at all, There's no Magical fucking guns" 
Vinny 
"I dont know" 
Ryan 
"He is not called magical fucking gun wizzard, He's called the fucking punisher!" 
Vinny 
"But your not punishing these guys" 
Ryan 
"I'm Killing them over and over again, Thats punishment!" 
"I Called that one guy a fucker" 
 
GOLD absolute gold    
Avatar image for carlos1408
#41 Posted by Carlos1408 (1622 posts) -

Jeff - "Popularity leads to intimacy." Said during a few of the Persona 4 endurance run episodes. :)

Avatar image for viciousreiven
#42 Posted by ViciousReiven (973 posts) -
@Broitman said:
" FUCK YOUR MILK (or hospitality depends which part of that quicklook you're watching) also that is most definitely not the bookcase. "
What's this from? I must see.
Avatar image for mistermouse
#43 Posted by MisterMouse (3601 posts) -

whenever there is a wonderful and yet at the same time awful, pun

Avatar image for retrogimp
#44 Posted by Retrogimp (200 posts) -
@TheHBK said:
" Jeff:  Don't like it.  Eat a dick.  Brad:  You guys ever see those pictures of dinosaurs having sex with cars? The Crew: *Silence* "
THIS. I was gonna quote this, but guy beat me to it. Makes me laugh just remembering it.
Avatar image for donutfever
#45 Posted by DonutFever (4006 posts) -
@Red12b said:
" @Donkeysraliens said:

" Jeff: "i swear to... this is the worst fucking website in the world! they funded this! they funded this and this is what we doing with it!" Ryan: "i know, somebody paid money, like tens of thousands of dollars!" Jeff: "there probably watching this upstairs and just going like 'god, we have to pull the plug on this!! i mean, it seemed like a good idea, those guys at least pretended like they knew what they were talking about!'" "

where'd this come from?  Mine would have to be when QLing The Punisher No Mercy, Ryan and Vinny bring out a couple of pure gold comments  Vinny "So can you use that zoom on that gun" Ryan "No" Vinny "Really?" Ryan "Yep"   Also later on in that same QL   Ryan "So yeah as you kill people your gun upgrades"  Vinny "Is that part of the Punisher fiction?" Ryan "Oh yeah, That's what happens in The Punisher, Is that you kill dudes and his guns are Magic," Vinny (Half laughing)"I can't tell if your lying or not, I don't know" Ryan "No, That not punisher at all, There's no Magical fucking guns" Vinny "I dont know" Ryan "He is not called magical fucking gun wizzard, He's called the fucking punisher!" Vinny "But your not punishing these guys" Ryan "I'm Killing them over and over again, Thats punishment!" "I Called that one guy a fucker"  GOLD absolute gold     "
It's wrong to disturb the dead. 
But no, necroposting is fine in this case.
Avatar image for nux
#46 Posted by Nux (2684 posts) -

E-mails, femals, shemals.- Vinny on the bombcast
Avatar image for b0nd07
#47 Posted by B0nd07 (1747 posts) -

"Spells are like guns for your mind." - Jeff

Avatar image for gunrock
#48 Posted by Gunrock (155 posts) -

Ryan: "This Quick look is over!" I love it when someone mostly Jeff says an incredibly horrible but great pun and whatever is being done is just over that second hilarious to me.

Avatar image for ryno9881
#49 Posted by RYNO9881 (660 posts) -

Brad:
"Metal gear solid was cool because it let you break necks and no other game ever let you break necks before"
 
 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wATuNBwgEaE
 
8:35

Avatar image for aegon
#50 Posted by Aegon (7154 posts) -

Vinny: "sharing a house with 5 dudes, something's gonna wind up in the back of your throat" *awkward silence*
           
            "I'm a wizard and that looks fucked up"
 
            "muh-balls"
 
Jeff: Often times eating a sandwich will lead to a new release.  Ryan: No new releases this week.  Jeff: Boy don't I know it. I'm sweatin' over here.
 
Ryan: Like Uh-Uh-Uh-Uh-Uh
 
Brad: Oh I'm sure they'll fall in line (talking about peter molyneux's balls)
 
Dave: YOU GUYS ARE CRAZY! I'M TRYING TO BUILD A WEBSITE IN HERE!   Jeff: Build your website quieter!