Best GOTY and Worst GOTY

Red12b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

Edited By Red12b

Hello and welcome to the first annual Red12b's GOTY awards, I am your host, Mr McCrakin coming from you live at the worlds slowest PC lets get this fucking show started. 

Best of 2009

Games in the running 

I am not going to go into detail with the best, as you would know more about them than I do. 

inFAMOUS   
Uncharted  
Batman AA  
Dirt 2  
Assassins Creed 2 
KillZone 2 
Resident Evil 5

And the winner is...

Dirt 2, Although I played the first one, I never really enjoyed playing it, Ever, I got bored with it and returned it the next day, With Dirt 2, I was hooked, loved it, The menus were awesome, (Godamn pro street) the game looked fantastic, the controls were tight, The damage was wicked, the physics felt Real and I generally had an awesome time, RADICAL Man! 

Worst of 2009 

Games in the "running"... 

These are my selections for the worst, I will give you a brief explanation on why they are the   Crème de la crème,

Tekken 6, Just was not what it should have been, Having to play through an endless beat 'em up with shit control, to get to the "arena" where you have to unlock characters by playing through it and then having to watch the worst Tekken movies since the series began, Disappointment is a word that does not equal how I felt when I played this forceful game, 

Prototype, I had huge hopes for this game, Huge, and it really let me down, Just missed on every level for me, what should have been a really intoxicating story, just fell short, Gameplay was kinda average, graphics were just not good, basically Radical followed Treyarchs lead and It was not great, And Fuck off with the tease with the ability's at the start of the game,  
Good points: Wanton destruction, Awesome, don't get me wrong, But after a good hour of it, it really gets old, some of the Gameplay mechanics were pretty cool, 
It boils down to this, I was looking forward to this game since it got announced, and it just did not deliver to my standards. 

Wolverine Origins 
I was looking forward to it and while it looked good, Played fairly well, it got really really boring, Now again, don't get me wrong, I like death I also like Noise, But goddamn have other options, Fuck, throw a bit of stealth in there, do anything other than the same thing over and over, and for fucks sake, let me fight the sentinel! 

Dragon Ball: Raging Blast 
To tell you the truth, I was not expecting this to be good, and it provided exactly what I thought it was going to, Not great to look at, Camera is just not good, Gameplay is repetitive, No feelings of accomplishment. It's just not that great,  
I never liked the Tenkaichi style of playing and especially after Burst Limit but even that is still dwarfed by a PS2 Game what I still think to be one of the best Fighting games I have ever played, and the best Dragon Ball Z game Ever. Dragon Ball Z Budokai 3
So this PS3 game is not as good as a PS2 game, It seems as if instead of moving forward they are moving backward. 

And the "winner" is... 

And so you have it folks, This is Phil MyCrackin signing off,
Can't they all get a thanks for participating sticker, just to show how bad they truly are.
Red12b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Red12b

Hello and welcome to the first annual Red12b's GOTY awards, I am your host, Mr McCrakin coming from you live at the worlds slowest PC lets get this fucking show started. 

Best of 2009

Games in the running 

I am not going to go into detail with the best, as you would know more about them than I do. 

inFAMOUS   
Uncharted  
Batman AA  
Dirt 2  
Assassins Creed 2 
KillZone 2 
Resident Evil 5

And the winner is...

Worst of 2009 

Games in the "running"... 

These are my selections for the worst, I will give you a brief explanation on why they are the   Crème de la crème,

Tekken 6, Just was not what it should have been, Having to play through an endless beat 'em up with shit control, to get to the "arena" where you have to unlock characters by playing through it and then having to watch the worst Tekken movies since the series began, Disappointment is a word that does not equal how I felt when I played this forceful game, 

Prototype, I had huge hopes for this game, Huge, and it really let me down, Just missed on every level for me, what should have been a really intoxicating story, just fell short, Gameplay was kinda average, graphics were just not good, basically Radical followed Treyarchs lead and It was not great, And Fuck off with the tease with the ability's at the start of the game,  
Good points: Wanton destruction, Awesome, don't get me wrong, But after a good hour of it, it really gets old, some of the Gameplay mechanics were pretty cool, 
It boils down to this, I was looking forward to this game since it got announced, and it just did not deliver to my standards. 

Wolverine Origins 
I was looking forward to it and while it looked good, Played fairly well, it got really really boring, Now again, don't get me wrong, I like death I also like Noise, But goddamn have other options, Fuck, throw a bit of stealth in there, do anything other than the same thing over and over, and for fucks sake, let me fight the sentinel! 

Dragon Ball: Raging Blast 
To tell you the truth, I was not expecting this to be good, and it provided exactly what I thought it was going to, Not great to look at, Camera is just not good, Gameplay is repetitive, No feelings of accomplishment. It's just not that great,  
I never liked the Tenkaichi style of playing and especially after Burst Limit but even that is still dwarfed by a PS2 Game what I still think to be one of the best Fighting games I have ever played, and the best Dragon Ball Z game Ever. Dragon Ball Z Budokai 3
So this PS3 game is not as good as a PS2 game, It seems as if instead of moving forward they are moving backward. 

And the "winner" is... 

And so you have it folks, This is Phil MyCrackin signing off,
Edin899

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Edin899

dirt 2 is pretty damm good, amazing graphics and good online play. But not goty. 
Mw2 is trully amazing but maybe a bit of the same, so i vote for uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhm STREETIFIGHTER 4! 
dbz1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By dbz1995

was Dirt 2 really THAT good? I never played it, myself.

wealllikepie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By wealllikepie

i vote uncharted 2 cuz it played, looked, sounded and controlled amazing. and, unlike mw2, it was also innovative at the same time and managed 2 bring something new 2 the genre

Red12b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Red12b
@Edin8999:  
Ok, Good for you, I really liked Dirt 2, It was better than I thought it would be, I am totally sucky at SF4 and MW2 as you said is more of the same. 

@dbz1995 said:
" was Dirt 2 really THAT good? I never played it, myself. "
To me it was yeah, If you like racing games at all play it.
AaronBelfast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By AaronBelfast
Infamous. The only game I had FUN playing; it was one of the few games that didn't concentrate on graphics, but a little work of the presentation wouldn't have hurt. I loved the enemies (reapers= win) and the ending was OMGWTFBBQ worthy. Although I don't expect the game to win any GoTY awards, it was very fun and rewarding.

@wealllikepie said:
" i vote uncharted 2 cuz it played, looked, sounded and controlled amazing. and, unlike mw2, it was also innovative at the same time and managed 2 bring something new 2 the genre "
Does everyone need to have a dig at MW2?
dbz1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By dbz1995
@Edin8999 said:
" dirt 2 is pretty damm good, amazing graphics and good online play. But not goty. Mw2 is trully amazing but maybe a bit of the same, so i vote for uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhm STREETIFIGHTER 4!  "
Streetifighter 4? Thats a new game.
Ghostiet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By Ghostiet

But you fight a Sentinel in X-Men Origins...

Edin899

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Edin899
@dbz1995 said:
" @Edin8999 said:
" dirt 2 is pretty damm good, amazing graphics and good online play. But not goty. Mw2 is trully amazing but maybe a bit of the same, so i vote for uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhm STREETIFIGHTER 4!  "
Streetifighter 4? Thats a new game. "

Yeah it is, streetfighter 4 is for fags like you
spankingaddict

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 12

#10  Edited By spankingaddict

great lists, mine would look something like that too...

TheGamerGeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 13

#11  Edited By TheGamerGeek
@Edin8999 said:
" @dbz1995 said:
" @Edin8999 said:
Yeah it is, streetfighter 4 is for fags like you "
You using "fag" in any way immediately makes everything you say irrelevant.
Avatar image for supersecretagenda
SuperSecretAgenda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Edin8999 said:
" @dbz1995 said:
" @Edin8999 said:
Yeah it is, streetfighter 4 is for fags like you "
Git gud?
Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#13  Edited By Claude

I'm really out of the loop. Hell, not having a PS3 hurts bad, but even if I did, I couldn't afford the games. I'm playing Assassin's Creed II now, so I guess that's the best. Tiger Woods PGA Tour 10 for the Wii would be up there too. I played the demo of Dirt 2 and enjoyed it, but could not see a purchase. I usually buy some older new releases during the holidays and play them in January. Batman: AA and Dragon Age: Origins are on my list.

Red12b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Red12b
@Claude:  
I would not say you are out of the loop that badly mate, I either brought or rented these games, so My list is of the ones I personally have played, The omission of Dragon age origins is because I have yet been able to play it, My flatmate and I are going to get it though, probably take turns like we did Fallout 3, we are going to get Fallout 3 GOTY edition, but that will have to wait till next year, Too many games not enough time, The thing is, it is now summer where I live, so I will be outside from here on out, Gotta love summer, My game time will be restricted to times when it is cold, Raining, or nights when I am not partying.  

I only buy Games that I know that I will really enjoy, the only game that has ever let me down was a shit arsed game called Juiced, traded that in the next day for God of War, best gaming decision I have ever made    
Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#15  Edited By Claude
@Red12b: I keep forgetting it's summer elsewhere. Yeah, I'm ready for some RPG winter months. That's why Dragon Age is moving up my list. Assassin's Creed II has been fantastic so far, and I'll finish it probably around Christmas time.
Red12b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Red12b
@Claude:  
It is a very awesome game.
Time_Lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#17  Edited By Time_Lord

My games of the year are 
Assassins Creed 2
Dragon Age: Origins

inkeiren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By inkeiren

I don't understand how anyone could put anything above Uncharted 2 for GOTY. That game is so above and beyond anything before it in a cinematic aspect. The loading was so so short.  The game was so so pretty. The acting was so so good. The story was so so good ( for a videogame, at least.) The sound was so so great. The game mechanics were so varied (puzzle, melee, shooting, platforming). It's not just my GOTY; It's one of my favorite games of all time.

zombie2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#19  Edited By zombie2011

Wolverine was a fun game definitely not one of the worst of the year.

bwooduhs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#20  Edited By bwooduhs

Wow. I should probably play Dirt 2. I disagree with Wolverine. I loved it.

TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By TheGreatGuero

I respect your decision to name Dirt 2 as 2009's GOTY. I think it is absolutely one of the best games to come out this year, and it easily has the most impressive presentation and is perhaps the most improved sequel of 2009. While I did really enjoy the original, Dirt 2 blows it away in nearly all respects. It improves everything and adds so much more. It's an excellent game, and I imagine it's been mainly overlooked because of all the bigger games that were released this fall. So guys, if you haven't played it yet, Dirt 2 is well worth your time. 

Also, I'm glad to see you nominated Resident Evil 5. It's a great game, without question.

Red12b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Red12b

Just because there are at least three Best of's on the main page, I'm going to bump this so I get mine there as well, 'tis the season:)