Best of Giant Bomb 2015

isomeri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 26

Poll Best of Giant Bomb 2015 (615 votes)

Alt+F1 Track Walk 5%
Breaking Bradborne 10%
Choose Our Own Adventure! 26%
Danswers 13%
Demo Derby 23%
A Far Cry from Home 2%
GBE Playdate 37%
The Giant Beastcast 44%
Giant Bomb Unplugged: Dungeons & Dragons 7%
Giant Bomb Makes Mario 39%
Kerbal: Project B.E.A.S.T 31%
Metal Gear Scanlon (3, 4 & V) 24%
The No-Go Show 4%
The Old Games Show 14%
Ranking of Fighters 12%
Us vs. Them 16%
VinnyVania (Simon's Quest, Dracula's Curse & Super Castlevania IV) 20%
Something else 6%

2015 was a real doozy of a year for videogames, but it also brought us all a heap of new Giant Bomb content to enjoy. So what are all your favorite new features of 2015?

For me it's hard to praise just one, but I probably had the most fun with Kerbal and the various GBE Playdates, especially Contradiction. The Beastcast has provided a much welcomed second opinion option to the Bombcast. I've also been a huge MGScanlon fan since it begun, but I've kind of stopped following the fifth season due to having just played the game myself. And finally the Demo Derby format is such a great fit for Giant Bomb. Being able to go through a handful of games in a short period of time, while also covering some of the industry events of years past, makes for a great one to two hours of content.

Because it was so hard to choose just one favorite out of the bunch, multiple choices are possible for this poll. In this list I've compiled all the new and recurring video and podcast features of 2015. There are a couple in there which started towards the very tail end of 2014, like VinnyVania Simon's Quest and Alt+F1 Track Walks, which I have decided to include. What I haven't included however is all the recurring content from previous years, like Unprofessional Fridays and various event coverage. Demo Derby begun back in September 2014, but the bulk of it has come out this year so what the heck, let's include that as well. However if you can think of something that's not on this list then please shout about it on the comments. You know, join the conversation.

• 
Castiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 0

Playdate!

deerokus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By deerokus

The Beastcast, in particular the glorious Christmas special, has been some of the finest GB output ever.

Avatar image for schrodngrsfalco
SchrodngrsFalco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

Every Kerbal episode has had multiple moments that have easily made me bust out in laughter.

newmoneytrash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

demo derby has never disappointed me

Captain_Insano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 15

Metal Gear Scanlon 3 and 4 were great. V has fallen away a bit (I haven't seen any updates in ages, and the nature of the game doesn't lend itself as well to a Metal Gear Scanlon).

Beastcast is the biggest highlight. Danswers was up there but it too has fallen away a bit

Invo1221

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd love to see more Danswers episodes in 2016. The Beastcast was incredible and offers a great change of pace from the Bombcast. Just watched the most recent Project B.E.A.S.T. release for the first time and I am now way too invested in what the future holds.

DystopiaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deerokus said:

The Beastcast, in particular the glorious Christmas special, has been some of the finest GB output ever.

Christmas special almost needs its own option in case anyone from GBEAST sees this and would be encouraged to do more

andriv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The life ís strange streams were the best.

afabs515

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Everything that gbeast has done this year has been amazing. Austin was a good hire and fits in well with Vinny and Alex, who were already great together. Also, I love their willingness to play through entire games I never would have seen otherwise. Really looking forward to gbeast 2016.

ottoman673

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

You seem to have forgotten Mario Party Party

ratamero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I voted for almost everything. Demo Derby is my single favourite thing on this website and I love the Old Games Show and Ranking of Fighters as well.

bigsocrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like the coverage of older stuff, but Ranking of Fighters was an especially awesome show that barely got off the ground. I want to see them mess around with more obscure and stupid fighting games. I don't really need Jeff and Jason's take on Street Fighter 2 (I hear that game's real good y'all) but I want to know what they think about Mace: The Dark Age.

MocBucket62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#13  Edited By MocBucket62

Many features on Giant Bomb were fantastic this year. Demo Derby is amazing and the addition of Jeff brings a new and knowledgeable energy to the demos. Any feature from GBeast was great and I dare say the Giant Beastcast has become my preferred podcast over the Bombast. 2015 was a grand year for Giant Bomb!

isomeri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ottoman673: The first Mario Party Party came out in the summer of 2014. That's why I didn't include it. Also, fuck Mario Party.

Mister_V

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#15  Edited By Mister_V

I know it's not strictly speaking "Content" But can I add Austin joining the site? Dude is a great addition to the site, and ill be the first to admit I was sceptical when GB hired another writer. Glad to have been proved wrong.

For the poll though Project B.E.A.S.T. is shaping up great.

Avatar image for citizencoffeecake
citizencoffeecake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@isomeri said:

@ottoman673: The first Mario Party Party came out in the summer of 2014. That's why I didn't include it. Also, fuck Mario Party.

Demo Derby and GBE Playdate started in 2014 soooo why don't you just come out and admit you were paid off by Jeff Gerstmann to not include Mario Party Party on this list? Collusion!

civid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I think the E3 coverage deserves some apprasial. Jeff was on fire during those and phonegate was brilliant

Rotnac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

To pull a Dan Ryckert here and compare it to wrestling, GBeast is basically the SmackDown when WWE had their brand split in the 2000s and was supposed to be the B show but was consistently way more entertaining than the A show (Raw/GB West).

It makes me happy to see that most of the top voted stuff in this poll is coming out of the GBeast office. The SF office needs to step it up for 2016.

DrVenkman90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I absolutely love the old games show and I hope there is more in the new year. It was hard to choose between ranking of fighters and that but still I'm a big fan of all of the new content this year.

Brenderous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would watch a recurring series of giant bomb peeps playing/making Mario Maker levels.

JohnLocke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Giantbomb makes Super Mario levels were pretty excellent. My favourite moment being:

When Dan was being chased by Bowser, then Bowser hit the POW block and fell through the coin bridge. That or Dan being jumped by Bowser.

The Kerbal Mun project, Beastcast, Danswers, Breaking Brad (Bloodbourne edition), Alt F1, and Rocket League content have been great as well. The other things (such as Playdate) I have yet to see so can not vote for them in fairness. However, that said, this has been a great year for content and thanks to the whole team for making the site what it is.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

Pretty much everything from GBeast this year, and Demo Derby. Demo Derby is still fantastic.

doctordonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Man, don't make me pick between all these, you monster.

isomeri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for tavistavistavis
tavistavistavis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By tavistavistavis

I went with Choose Our Own Adventure. but honestly I've really enjoyed it all. I don't like seeing Ranking of Fighters so low. That has great potential.

CastroCasper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By CastroCasper

Glad the beastcast is getting the respect it deserves! Also I voted for like 7 things.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Honestly, I found myself checking more than half of these.

The crew did some great stuff this year. Hoping to see more of the Old Games Show and Ranking of Fighters.

Us vs. Them is also the sort of cross-office content I like to see. Featuring more Robo-Vinny.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

@zombiepie's Final Fantasy 8 descent into Hell series.

recroulette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

No Super Mario Mornings? For shame. The Beastcast is amazing though.

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Demo Derby and VinnyVania were my top picks, but Playdate and COOA also had some brilliant moments.

Substance_D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Demo Derby because revisiting my childhood through Dan-tinted lenses is fun.

Avatar image for deactivated-64162a4f80e83
deactivated-64162a4f80e83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Mario party party easily (the live one especially)! But otherwise I'll he to for demo derby. Especially since jeff joined the group

Avatar image for waltercrunkfite
WalterCrunkFite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By WalterCrunkFite

Aside from the minor embarrassment that is Danswers, it's been a stellar year for content, video and written. Some really great new stuff being put out, and the new(ish) hires have been behind a lot of it.

If I had to choose a "winner" it would be Contradiction, as it really was content that showed why GB is so unique.

confusedowl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#34  Edited By confusedowl

Demo Derby is definitely a standout for me. I'm hoping they get around to doing them a bit more frequently in 2016. I also really enjoyed MGScanlon, VinnyVania, The Beastcast, GBE Playdate, Choose our own Adventure, The Old Games Show, and...almost everything else on that list actually.

Avatar image for giantlizardking
GiantLizardKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I love the Beastcast and everything, but I worry that those of you who are saying it is better than the Bombcast are beyond help.

Ry_Ry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@giantlizardking: when you get Dan and Jeff discussing the finer points of cocaine smuggling let me know.

The_Tribunal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By The_Tribunal

@giantlizardking: Bombcast has not been in prime form this year. The email section, until recently, has been a slog through most of the year.

Nux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

This was a hard one. I would have to say either Danswers or the Beastcast.

darkstorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mario Party Party is peak GB

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#40  Edited By ArtisanBreads

Kind of weird to do a poll for this (especially because it isn't exactly comprehensive or whatever) but Mario Party Party LIVE was the best thing this year.

Have really enjoyed Demo Derby though.

Metal Gear Scanlon 3 and 4 were great. Mario Maker has had it's moments (though went on a little long lately for me but hey).

supercubedude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

As far as I'm concerned, I'm paying for Demo Derby.

guanophobic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Demo Derby and Old Games Show gets my vote. Really love hearing Jeff pouring out his trivia for older games. Would want Danny to get in on those shows more in 2016.

Capum15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

GBeast has stepped it up seriously lately (I've enjoyed pretty much everything they've done on that list), but I'm also a big fan of Demo Derby, MGScanlon and Mario Maker.

Also Mario Party Party is both one of the worst and best things.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

More old games show and ranking of fighters please. There's still some space on that white board!

(Oh crap i just realized they could use the idea walls to rank all sorts of fighting games...)

The mario maker saga and the feud with klepek have only made dan grow on me that much more. Jason's just getting more awesome as well.

The gbwest stuff is more in tune with my tastes and i still prefer the bombcast (brad's still killing it at host), but the beastcast is growing on me after not really feeling it initially. For being such a bleak cold soul alex's weekly diatribes have quite the calming effect on me. And thankfully choose our own adventure finally has different games each episode so that is really starting to shine.

2015's been a great year for this site.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cc8838532af0
deactivated-5cc8838532af0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

Wow I didn't quite realize till now how damn good this year has been for GB

Avatar image for thelastgunslinger
thelastgunslinger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

I've got to go with GBE Playdate. The variety and just overall consistent quality puts it at the top. In general I think it was an excellent year to be a Giant Bomb user.

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

GBeast knocked it out the fucking park in 2015. They were responsible for pretty much all my favorite Giant Bomb content this year. That said, I also loved GB Makes Mario.