Posted by TurboMan (7693 posts) -

So... Giant Bomb got back into a bit of a hot streak recently with fun quick looks and I got the urge to make a few of these videos again. I still love doing these and I'm happy that I've reached 30 of these videos. At the beginning, I was making these videos as a quick highlight for new users that came over from 1up.com when that company was bought out, and now I find it very rewarding whenever somebody messages me and tells me that these videos have led them to this website.

Also, Youtube has taken down two of these videos for copyright infringement (Episode 1 for that german car show and another one for using wrestling footage at the end). Whenever I have a chance, I'll cut out that stuff so I can re upload them to youtube.

So, here they are:

#1 Posted by TurboMan (7693 posts) -

So... Giant Bomb got back into a bit of a hot streak recently with fun quick looks and I got the urge to make a few of these videos again. I still love doing these and I'm happy that I've reached 30 of these videos. At the beginning, I was making these videos as a quick highlight for new users that came over from 1up.com when that company was bought out, and now I find it very rewarding whenever somebody messages me and tells me that these videos have led them to this website.

Also, Youtube has taken down two of these videos for copyright infringement (Episode 1 for that german car show and another one for using wrestling footage at the end). Whenever I have a chance, I'll cut out that stuff so I can re upload them to youtube.

So, here they are:

#2 Posted by Nightriff (5257 posts) -

I watch these all the time man, reliving the best moments of the QLs is an easy way to pass time at work, I thank you for that. Can't wait to watch these 3 tonight while it's slow

#3 Edited by SirOptimusPrime (2030 posts) -

I just watched 28 & 29 last night, and I still find these great for picking out moments from QL's I won't watch. I'll sit down for the more obvious ones that will be hilarious (like Cabela's) and the games I'm interested in, but some of the other wonky shit in here is perfect for me. Thanks for taking the time to put these together.

EDIT: I totally forgot Vinny just plays Law of the West in that QL at some point. That's amazing.

#4 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

I know I've seen a wrestler run over backstage before. Why is this a thing in wrestling?

#5 Posted by living4theday258 (679 posts) -

what game is that in the beginning of QL 28?

#6 Posted by Rave (375 posts) -

thanks for this following you these are great!

#7 Edited by Trilogy (2683 posts) -

Yes! These are always well done, Turboman. I'm really glad you're still doing them.

#8 Posted by Milkman (17201 posts) -

@Video_Game_King said:

I know I've seen a wrestler run over backstage before. Why is this a thing in wrestling?

#9 Edited by Linkster7 (1043 posts) -

Thanks for keeping it up, I watch these fairly often.

Reliving the magic baby

EDIT: The cut of the whole purse thing is great, Patrick getting trolled is awesome.

#10 Posted by Icicle7x3 (1201 posts) -

Thank you for these, and I look forward to the old Best of's being reuploaded.

#11 Posted by zyn (2591 posts) -

The legendary series continues! Thanks for making these!

#12 Posted by csl316 (9262 posts) -
@Milkman Good Gawd Almighty!!

I remember Jeff bringing up the idea of having a highlight reel or something for people that don't have time to watch everything. What I'm saying is, they should pay you for these.
#13 Posted by Phatmac (5726 posts) -

Thank you Turbo!

#14 Posted by OtakuGamer (1283 posts) -

You're awesome. I love these videos.

#15 Posted by Hizang (8532 posts) -

@TurboMan: These remain to be well done pieces of video content with people (Like me) that don't have time to watch every single quick look but still like to catch the funny parts.

#16 Posted by Oni (2109 posts) -

ohhh but episode 1 is the best! Noby Noby Boy! That dumb car game! For the love of all that is holy, reupload it!

PS you're doing god's work and words can never express how much I appreciate it.

#17 Posted by Red12b (9085 posts) -

love you

#18 Posted by L44 (571 posts) -

I'm giddy with excitement.

#19 Posted by dungbootle (2458 posts) -

Awesome job as always.

#20 Edited by ElixirBronze (443 posts) -

Wait is there literally no clip without Vinny in it? Except for that Sherlock Holmes bit? That's kind of telling.

#21 Posted by FLStyle (4842 posts) -

I always pass these on to non-Giant Bomb friends and they always have a good laugh. Well done!

#22 Posted by Dethfish (3692 posts) -

I watch most quick looks, but I still love watching these, multiple times even. I even have most of them downloaded onto my computer just in case one day the internet stops existing. I just thought I'd express my appreciation for you making these. I imagine they've gotten a little harder to make lately since 1 hour+ quick looks are becoming normal.

#23 Posted by dudeglove (8157 posts) -

YOU'RE A GODDAMN HERO

#24 Posted by pepperzz (160 posts) -

I bow to you for making these. They are always the greatest.

#25 Posted by Grillbar (1895 posts) -

love these thx dude.

only complaint (barely a complaint really more a question) why is it not also available in 720p since its allready there on the site.

#26 Posted by Coleslaw893 (411 posts) -

I always look forward to these, especially since I don't have the time to watch the full quick looks at the moment. And I've got to say, these were some of the best in a while. That's a bummer about those being taken down though. If you need any extra material, may I suggest pulling from the Diner Dash quick look? I thought that was one of the funnier earlier ones, And I don't think you've used it yet.

#27 Posted by asian_pride (1654 posts) -

Keep 'em coming, Turbo! Love these.

#28 Posted by cthomer5000 (850 posts) -

"we are farmers now" was so hilarious when watching that QL. Sometimes the random online users are the real stars.

#29 Posted by Ghostiet (5289 posts) -

They removed ep. 1? CRASH TIME, FOOL, BLAAAAAAAW.

#30 Posted by rflx (577 posts) -

I love those "best of"'s. I show them to people whenever I want to introduce them to Giant Bomb. 
Good work!