• 78 results
#1 Posted by TurboMan (7394 posts) -

Short and sweet: 
I'm going to embark on making videos on the best moments of Giant Bomb Quick Looks.... The early quick looks are a little hard for me to remember which ones had great moments or not in them.... 

I can name a couple that I already have... but what are some of your best moments early on with regards to Quick Looks: 
 For me: Certain parts of The Wheelman quick looks were amazing... and the entire Noby Noby Boy quick look is amazing. 

Add yours to this thread so I can add to my video. :) 

Love 
-TurboMan

#2 Posted by peelermcsweepy (44 posts) -
#3 Posted by Dany (7887 posts) -

Wii Super Mario Bros

#4 Posted by Kjellm87 (1728 posts) -

Whatever you do, don't forget Wipeout the game.

#5 Posted by Jambones (1696 posts) -
I'll have to go look the archives and get back to you, but as  @peelermcsweepy also said Crash Time stands out in my mind :-)
#6 Posted by Szlifier (479 posts) -

You're in the movies.

#7 Posted by JacDG (2113 posts) -

Dragon Ball: Evolution for the PSP is just gold, I've never laughed harder at any quick look. 
http://www.giantbomb.com/quick-look-dragonball-evolution/17-411/

#8 Posted by Djeffers03 (2545 posts) -

Darkest of days was hilarious. I don't know if that was all that early though.

#9 Posted by OverLord00 (173 posts) -

Rogue Warrior.    /thread      

:D

#10 Posted by Kiemoe (1055 posts) -

Isn't it weird looking back at the REALLY old quick looks and seeing that it was just one dude doing the thing on his own?

#11 Posted by Undeadpool (4908 posts) -
@OverLord00 said:
" Rogue Warrior.    /thread       :D "
President Reagan says FUCK YOU! 

I'll definitely second the Dragonball Evolution one and add Story Hour Adventures (which they played for ALMOST an hour, going insane about halfway through it), Incredible Crisis throwback Quick Look and...that one on the DS where you're a detective and they use live-action people...I can't remember what it was called, though.
#12 Edited by JJWeatherman (14557 posts) -

The WWE quick look where the dude gets hit by the car. 

it's at about 24:12

#13 Posted by NickLott (792 posts) -

I think the Noby Noby Boy Quick Look was the first completely astounding Quick Look.

#14 Posted by Claude (16254 posts) -
#15 Posted by Gaff (1649 posts) -

I looked at the suggestions here and thought: "Wait, those can't be early Quick Looks..." then I looked at the Videos screen. Oh Christ... 

Anyway:  

I might have a sadistic streak somewhere, looking at people playing terrible games.
#16 Posted by Vonocourt (2116 posts) -
#17 Posted by mutha3 (4985 posts) -
@Vonocourt said:
" The Dragon Ball quicklook was the one that solidified my love for the site. "
Oh man, can't believe I forgot that one.

Well.....its either this one or crash time(Amazing).
#18 Posted by MartinDN (127 posts) -

I liked the Mlb 2k10/the show quick looks, jeffs attempt at the million dollar perfect game and his online game against the random guy was insaneley funny, losing the perfect game in the first AB was hilarious.

#19 Edited by Garfield360UK (453 posts) -

There was one for a Wii game based on a TV quizz show but I cant think of the title of the show now! 

It was really funny though from what my memory can remember. 

Edit: 
I remember now, Wipeout!  Trying to take out the AI player with throwing balls with the Wii mote on screen. Good times.
#20 Posted by Valestis (211 posts) -
#21 Posted by mutha3 (4985 posts) -
#22 Posted by Chuggsy (554 posts) -
@Vonocourt said:
" The Dragon Ball quicklook was the one that solidified my love for the site. "
God damn I love this video. I've watched it probably 3 times now, it just cracks me up.
#23 Edited by Portis (1285 posts) -

I've always been partial to the Amped 3 Quick Look.  http://www.giantbomb.com/quick-look-amped-3/17-2076/

For many reasons -- it's funny, the game is fucking insanity, and they did a Quick Look for Amped 3 years after it originally was released. Just 'cause they could.

#24 Posted by HandsomeDead (11863 posts) -
@Portis said:
" I've always been partial to the Amped 3 Quick Look.  http://www.giantbomb.com/quick-look-amped-3/17-2076/

For many reasons -- it's funny, the game is fucking insanity, and they did a Quick Look for Amped 3 years after it originally was released. Just 'cause they could. "
I always wanted them to continue that trend and look at some old games in the QL format. Alas.
#25 Posted by mutha3 (4985 posts) -
@Portis said:
" I've always been partial to the Amped 3 Quick Look.  http://www.giantbomb.com/quick-look-amped-3/17-2076/

For many reasons -- it's funny, the game is fucking insanity, and they did a Quick Look for Amped 3 years after it originally was released. Just 'cause they could. "

This is a quick look from 2010
#26 Posted by Chuggsy (554 posts) -

Actually I was looking for one the other day- what was that storybook fantasy one that had Jack and the Beanstalk and some other stories? It was a kids game. I couldn't find it for my life for whatever reason. I looked through every page but I honestly couldn't find it.

#27 Posted by Gaff (1649 posts) -
@Chuggsy:   
  Here you go.
#28 Posted by TurboMan (7394 posts) -

Most ha mentioned games outside of the time range I was looking for, I'm talking about early:)

#29 Posted by Warchief (651 posts) -
#30 Edited by Warchief (651 posts) -
#31 Posted by Chuggsy (554 posts) -
@Gaff: Ah! awesome, thanks dude.
#32 Posted by Stinky2 (31 posts) -
@Kjellm87 said:
" Whatever you do, don't forget Wipeout the game. "
that was a good one, the laughing was contagious. 
then you felt dumb because the more the Miis got hit more hilarious it became.
#33 Posted by Azteck (7449 posts) -
@Kiemoe said:
" Isn't it weird looking back at the REALLY old quick looks and seeing that it was just one dude doing the thing on his own? "
Dude seriously. 

Also, a lot of the ones mentioned aren't really that old.
#34 Posted by fwylo (3556 posts) -
@TurboMan: Halo Wars ... "All Units"
 Not sure how early you want but that one is within the first 50 for sure.  Also.  Harry Potter and the Half Blood like a few people have said is definitely hilarious and HAS to be in there.  That one is on page 13 out of 16 so it's also one of the earlier ones considering there are 463 quicklooks now.
#35 Posted by A_Dog (743 posts) -
#36 Posted by Gaff (1649 posts) -
@TurboMan: How early is "early"? It's kind of freaky to think about it, but... GiantBomb didn't really do Quick Looks until last year. 

@fwylo: And people still complain about the "lack" of content. :P
#37 Edited by Church069 (250 posts) -

I found the "Castlevania Judgment" quick look to be rather amusing.  Also the Burnout Paradise Party mode quick look had some funny bits in it as well.

The Killzone 2 quick looks were pretty great too.  I remember they could only use 5 minutes of actual gameplay footage, so they edited in Jeff and Ryan doing a bunch silly stuff while still commenting on the game being played.  Come to think of it, those were probably the first videos I saw on Giant Bomb when I discovered the site.

#38 Posted by Bloodgraiv3 (2712 posts) -

Leisure Suit Larry Box Office Bust. 
Without a doubt. 
#39 Posted by Yanngc33 (4496 posts) -

rogue warrior or dragonball
#40 Posted by mfpantst (2574 posts) -

Crash Time
You're In the Movies
MadWorld
Noby Noby Boy

#41 Posted by SPACETURTLE (1622 posts) -

Noby Noby Boy is a classic, that's for sure. Probably my favorite QL.

But this one is also a beast!
#42 Posted by LordAndrew (14424 posts) -
@mutha3 said:
" This is a quick look from 2010 "
There seems to be very little regard for the word "early".
#43 Posted by LordAndrew (14424 posts) -
@Gaff said:
" How early is "early"? It's kind of freaky to think about it, but... GiantBomb didn't really do Quick Looks until last year. "
The term "Quick Look" was first used in their Burnout Bikes QL in September 2008, and there were several more that year. I would definitely consider those "early", or if you want more freedom you could even just go for anything older than a year. Most of the Quick Looks listed here are older than a year.
#45 Posted by Gaff (1649 posts) -
@LordAndrew: As a "new" "lurker" on GiantBomb (damn you, Persona 4), I won't argue that 2008 is definitely early. 

Then again, if I start looking at "posted on xx/yy/zz" dates -like the meticulous dick that I am-, video content definitely started ramping up in early 2009 (which yeah, still is more than 1 year old). Am I just an old fogey to think that 1 year isn't OLD?
#46 Posted by ThePickle (4153 posts) -
#47 Posted by Mikemcn (6954 posts) -
@nicklott said:
" I think the Noby Noby Boy Quick Look was the first completely astounding Quick Look. "
Absolutely
#48 Posted by Gabriel (4055 posts) -
#49 Posted by Red12b (9074 posts) -
@TurboMan:  

Whatever you do you need this, I still think it's one of the best they've done,  
Choice quotes   

I called that one guy a fucker  
He's not a magical gun wizard!...He's the fucking punisher 
#50 Posted by stoodspoon (595 posts) -

This needs no explanation