Best Rpg this year?

SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By SmugDarkLoser

What do you think will be the best rpg out this year?  Not all but here's a reminder of the best coming out this year:  Infinite Undiscovery, Fable 2, Fallout 3, Tales of Vesperia, Lost Odyssey (out).

Gunraidan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Gunraidan
This.
This.
SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By SmugDarkLoser

console rpg.  We all know that they're way different.  Not to be rude to handheld gamers or anything, but console games are in another league from handheld games. Way different experiences
Would you actually play that if it were on a consoel (and worked the same).  I doubt it

Magnum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By Magnum

Hopefully Fallout 3 is good. I'm stoked for that game.

I'd like to add Valkyria Chronicles. It looks damn promising.
pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By pause422

Yeah it does magnum,it looks like they're really changing how a RPG of that type is played, and it looks amazing visually,that art style. I'm very hopeful that Fallout 3 will be amazing though.

Gunraidan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Gunraidan
SmugDarkLoser said:
"console rpg.  We all know that they're way different.  Not to be rude to handheld gamers or anything, but console games are in another league from handheld games. Way different experiences
Would you actually play that if it were on a consoel (and worked the same).  I doubt it"
This post pretty much proves that:

A. You never have even touched "The World Ends With You"

and

B. You Don't Own or Have Rarely Played A Nintendo DS.

Not to mention that even if this post were true it contradicts itself as you list WRPG's developed on console which tend to be inferior to PC ones.
SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By SmugDarkLoser
Gunraidan said:
"SmugDarkLoser said:
"console rpg.  We all know that they're way different.  Not to be rude to handheld gamers or anything, but console games are in another league from handheld games. Way different experiences
Would you actually play that if it were on a consoel (and worked the same).  I doubt it"

and

"

no, actually I own a ds and I have played and beaten twewy, but it's just way different from a console game. 

Im not saying it's bad, but consoles and handhelds deliver completely different experiences.
not saying it's bad but this these aren't comparable, it's completely differnet.

this: (spoilers for lost odyssey)
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-7214049926913426475&q=lost+odyssey+lullaby&ei=SrWXSMjYE4zuqALw_bSqBg&hl=en
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SD7iNjmsiTQ

isn't comparable to this:
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-7214049926913426475&q=lost+odyssey+lullaby&ei=SrWXSMjYE4zuqALw_bSqBg&hl=en

Dan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By Dan

So far my favourite has probably been the excellent FF4 remake. I've also sunk over 80 hours into Final Fantasy Tactics A2. TWEWY is a pretty excellent evolution on the stagnant JRPG genre, too. The RPGs i'm most looking forward to this year is probably the Chrono Trigger remake, but I'm also interested in Kingdom Hearts: 358/2 Days and Sigma Harmonics. Dragon Quest 4 is getting a release too, which is regarded as one of the best games of the DQ series. Bioware are releasing a new RPG soon, which is pretty exciting since they're pretty much kings of the western RPG these days. That game has had some really positive previews. If we're just talking games already out this year though, I guess FFCC: Ring of Fates is worth mentioning since if you get together with some friends that game has some amazing co-op. FFXII:Revenant Wings is also pretty good.

igpx407

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By igpx407

My gut reaction was TWEWY since it was sucha breath of fresh air, but since portable games are ruled out i'll go with Penny Arcade Adventures right now. I just loved the battle system and story, even if there were a few other gameplay flaws. Lost Odyssey was really good story wise, but the gameplay was been there, done that (not necessarily a bad thing). I can't judge the ones that aren't out yet, but i have a feeling at the end of the year Fallout 3 will have been my favorite console rpg.

SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By SmugDarkLoser

^ just say both.  A seperate one.  They aren't the same, but they definately count

Blu_Magic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Blu_Magic

Fable 2 is the only rpg I plan on buying this year so I can't really judge which is the best.

Gunraidan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Gunraidan
SmugDarkLoser said:
"Gunraidan said:
"SmugDarkLoser said:

and

"

no, actually I own a ds and I have played and beaten twewy, but it's just way different from a console game. 

Im not saying it's bad, but consoles and handhelds deliver completely different experiences.
not saying it's bad but this these aren't comparable, it's completely differnet.

this: (spoilers for lost odyssey)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SD7iNjmsiTQ

isn't comparable to this:

"
It's just that saying "completely different league" usually applies to something being far better or worse then something else.
Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Dan
said:
"So far my favourite has probably been the excellent FF4 remake. I've also sunk over 80 hours into Final Fantasy Tactics A2. TWEWY is a pretty excellent evolution on the stagnant JRPG genre, too. The RPGs i'm most looking forward to this year is probably the Chrono Trigger remake, but I'm also interested in Kingdom Hearts: 358/2 Days and Sigma Harmonics. Dragon Quest 4 is getting a release too, which is regarded as one of the best games of the DQ series. Bioware are releasing a new RPG soon, which is pretty exciting since they're pretty much kings of the western RPG these days. That game has had some really positive previews. If we're just talking games already out this year though, I guess FFCC: Ring of Fates is worth mentioning since if you get together with some friends that game has some amazing co-op. FFXII:Revenant Wings is also pretty good.
"
Looks like you have to look a little harder. Try Persona 3, Mana-Khemia, Odin Sphere, or Contact. There's always a steady stream of "innovative" JRPG's being released, you just have to look for them.
pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By pause422

I agree with Persona 3...hell I'll never finish it, but it is a damn good game.

tancred8120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

#14  Edited By tancred8120

For me Fable 2 I thinks

grilledcheez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#15  Edited By grilledcheez

Fable 2 will probably be my favorite, and we all know my favorite = the best

Vyse_Legends

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#16  Edited By Vyse_Legends
Persona 3 FES.:D

That game is just so awesome.
Absurd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Absurd

Hopefully the Guild Wars 2 beta, Crap you guys are talking about RPGs not MMORPGs

SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By SmugDarkLoser
Vyse_Legends said:
"Persona 3 FES.:D

That game is just so awesome.
"
wasn't persona last year?  If not then just wow.  Persona 4 is due out this year
chronicsmoke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

#19  Edited By chronicsmoke

persona 4 or fable 2

Scorched

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#20  Edited By Scorched

I'm really thinking I'm going to enjoy Fallout 3 the most

The_Icon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 6

#21  Edited By The_Icon

Fallout 3 hands-down.

Homer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Homer

Fallout 3

somesthetic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By somesthetic

I haven't bought any RPG's from this year. I have P3: FES, but I consider that an update rather than a full release.

My favorite RPG is usually the one that surprises me with how good it is, and solid bet, it won't be any of the ones you listed.

I'll have to wait and see.

Dolphin_Butter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 21

#24  Edited By Dolphin_Butter

Persona 3: FES or Persona 4

Clean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points