Best site to keep track of games?

buneroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Anyone use anything other than Backloggery? The site works pretty well but I don't really like that layout all that much and wouldn't mind seeing what some other duders use. I basically just want to be able to keep track of which games I have played and be able to rate them afterwards.

Kidavenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 90

User Lists: 33

You could make a list here.

Raptr isn't bad, it builds your collection based on your achievement data, you can rate games but I don't think you can make notes/write a review.

buneroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By buneroid

You could make a list here.

Raptr isn't bad, it builds your collection based on your achievement data, you can rate games but I don't think you can make notes/write a review.

Sucks that it doesn't work for games without achievements though (or does it?) but I'll check it out.

Wemibelle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

User Lists: 11

#4  Edited By Wemibelle

I would love a Goodreads-esque site that kept track of everything I had played, down to star ratings and dates started/finished--one that isn't plagued by a terrible layout like the site you suggested. For the time being, I just plan to write down all the games I finish per year, starting in 2014.

thebunnyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@wemibelec90: You should try Grouvee.com, I believe the duder who runs the site wanted exactly what you wanted....a Goodreads-esqe site. It has shelves, ratings, start-end dates, and it uses the giantbomb database api (i think). The site is pretty well designed as well

After extensive searching for the same thing as the OP wanted there really isnt anything better than Backloggery. Raptr is alright for tracking playtime but the interface is bloated garbage. Playfire moved to a more social direction. Im blanking on the others i tried but none of them had the type of backlog management i wanted....so i just tend to stick with Backloggery.

There was one site a guy@davonaytor from neogaf was working on that was similar to Backloggery but much cleaner but its been pretty quiet for a while, I would love to hear an update because that looked like exactly what i wanted.

Here were a few of the mock ups

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

I created an excel spread sheet where I can keep track of all my games and when I've beaten them. I used to use GB's lists but since you can't organize over 100 items, I deleted the big lists I had.

buneroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thebunnyhunter: That site is awesome thank you for mentioning it! Pretty much what I was looking for.

peteace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By peteace

@buneroid: Just happened to see this thread this morning, and thought I'd chime in. I built Grouvee, and I'm glad to see you like it so far. If there's anything else you're looking for, just let me know. The site is based on the API here, and I built it for pretty much the exact reasons you stated.

@thebunnyhunter: Thanks for the mention!

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

@buneroid: There used to be a site that allowed you to make like a display case of all the games you own and mark them as played/completed etc that used the GiantBomb API, but I can't remember its name for the life of me.

Also, maybe DPADD? Don't know how much its progressed these days, haven't been there in ages.

buneroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

tarfuin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

@peteace: I felt the need to revive this thread briefly because I wanted to let you know that I've been searching all day for a service that does exactly what I'm looking for. Your site by far is the best from what I've seen. Fantastic stuff! I've been adding games non-stop for the last hour!

One thing. Maybe it's there and I can't see it, but I'd love to have a field for "Notes" next to each game. I'd like to add comments next to some of them. I'd also like to do a full review many of my games, so if I could even add a link to my review on my site into the entries on Grouvee that would be amazing.

Love the site!

peteace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

@tarfuin: Thanks, and I'm glad you like it!

@tarfuin said:

One thing. Maybe it's there and I can't see it, but I'd love to have a field for "Notes" next to each game. I'd like to add comments next to some of them. I'd also like to do a full review many of my games, so if I could even add a link to my review on my site into the entries on Grouvee that would be amazing.

We do have the status messages you can write for a game as a way to keep notes. You can mark them as private so only you can see them if you'd like. Either go to a game's page, and there's a status box on the left side, or on the home page, there's a status box at the top that you can tag any game you want in.

Seikenfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#13  Edited By Seikenfreak

I use VGCollect which is good enough for what I want I guess. Its newer maybe? Not sure how to describe it other than one guy making it on his own time. I like it because I can submit the artwork and information and such. So when I added my collection to the site it literally took me days to do as I had scanned a few hundred images for the site's database.

I wanted something like what Jeff has talked about using (forgot name) but apparently that is iOS only or some stupid crap. Was not able to find anything else that was reliable and worked/looked the way I wanted.

C4Turtle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

I've been using darkadia.com for a little over a year now. It uses the Giant Bomb API and allows you to tag and keep notes on each game. I really like how it looks, too.

Avatar image for deactivated-63e39f84edec3
deactivated-63e39f84edec3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not big on the necros but stumbled upon this thread by accident on google.

Thanks a lot @thebunnyhunter grouvee was exactly what I was looking for!