Nier

/thread

#3 Edited by Wheady (101 posts) -

@animasta said:

Nier

/thread

pretty much, lol

EDIT:

Darksiders 2, Halo 4 and Skyrim all had awesome soundtracks as well.

#4 Edited by BigJeffrey (5111 posts) -

Persona 3 /Persona 3 FES /Persona 4 /Persona 4 Golden /Persona 4 Arena /Persona 4 The Animation Soundtracks

All Congregate equal a HUGE EarGasim

I genuinely can live with listening to this music for my entire life.

(Side note: I think I've been listening to these OST for about 1 year and change straight) I genuinely believe i have a problem

#5 Posted by Animasta (14728 posts) -

@bigjeffrey: those aren't even his best soundtracks. Meguro's soundtrack for Digital Devil Saga 2 and SMT3: Nocturne are way better.

#6 Posted by ImmortalSaiyan (4702 posts) -
#7 Edited by oraknabo (1514 posts) -

RDR was great. Braid's was great. Most Zelda's are great. I like all of the early MegaMan game soundtracks. I think Shenmue had my favorite orchestral one. Katamari Damacy might be my favorite though.

EDIT: I forgot Arcanum! That's my all-time favorite.

#8 Edited by Winternet (8059 posts) -

Oh you know, it's quite impossible to name just one that rises above the rest.

Actually, no it's not. It's Vice City.

#9 Edited by BeachThunder (12440 posts) -

All right, I'll oblige; even though there's already been a million of these threads, and even though the OP hasn't even contributed himself...

Anyway, maybe not the best, but some game music that I really enjoy listening to:

#10 Posted by ThomasG666 (154 posts) -

Castlevania: Symphony Of The Night.

#11 Posted by christopherson329 (219 posts) -

A tie between Chrono Trigger and Bastion for me.

#12 Posted by DarthOrange (3908 posts) -
#13 Edited by Bane122 (812 posts) -

Just like movies, books, comics, etc... I have no one favorite. I could give any number of answers depending on my mood or other factors.

#14 Posted by mwng (956 posts) -

FFIX. Because.

#15 Edited by ShadowConqueror (3088 posts) -

Diablo 2 and WoW have great soundtracks.

#16 Posted by MeganeAgain (123 posts) -

Persona 3/Persona 3 FES/Persona 4/Persona 4 Golden/Persona 4 Arena

All Congregate in a HUGE EarGasim

(Side note: I think I've been listening to these OST for about 1 year and change straight) I genuinely believe i have a problem

Hah, I knew I couldn't be the only one! I've also been listening to these tracks for the past year. They just never get old.

#17 Edited by SoldierG654342 (1822 posts) -

The answer is pretty always Streets of Rage 2.

#18 Edited by Butler (392 posts) -

I've been really digging Dreamcast era sounds. Phantasy Star Online remixes are pretty good. if you duders have any soundtracks recommendations from that era let me know. Much Obliged.

#19 Posted by flasaltine (1711 posts) -

I have been digging Outcast recently.

#20 Posted by tourgen (4542 posts) -

Some of the stuff in the King's Bounty games are pretty good. Best of all time though, no idea. I liked the first Mass Effect quite a lot.

#21 Edited by crusader8463 (14429 posts) -

FTL. It's the only music I have on my PC right now, for the most part, since I lost all my music a year or two back after doing a format and have been too lazy to try and find it all again. As a happy coincidence it amazes me how many games FTL's music work with and make better. I have been having it play in the background while I play games various games it it matches up so well.

#22 Edited by OfficeGamer (1086 posts) -

I found the Witcher games' music to be the most captivating

#23 Posted by Daneian (1251 posts) -

I think Double Dragon Neon's pretty amazing!

#24 Edited by Picsl (195 posts) -

Persona 3/Persona 4 (Please don't make me choose) wins it for me as far as having a bunch of awesome songs go, but if we're talking soundtrack that best fits the game it is in, I would have to say Silent Hill 2. Fits the theme and the feel of that game fantastically, but the music itself may not be as viable to listen to outside of playing the game.

Also... Pokemon.

#25 Edited by Icicle7x3 (1204 posts) -

Mega Man 2

Classic.

#26 Posted by Dixavd (1380 posts) -

Final Fantasy X

Also Kingdom Hearts (II or Birth By Sleep), Mirror's Edge, Final Fantasy XIII and Xenoblade Chronicles

#27 Posted by Mirado (1057 posts) -

Mega Man 2. Every time I hear Wily Fortress 1 or Air Man, I feel the need to play it again. It's music that still sticks in my head, randomly, on any given day. The constraints of the NES really forced composers to create songs that were astoundingly catchy, and I think they blow most modern game music out of the water. Given the aforementioned limitations and considering the time period that it was made, I have to vote for MM2.

#28 Posted by believer258 (12210 posts) -

Chrono Trigger, Mega Man X, Super Metroid, DOOM, Skyrim, Oblivion, and Halo.

#29 Edited by Solidsnak (141 posts) -

Chrono Cross

#30 Edited by connerthekewlkid (1843 posts) -

anyone mention Lost Odyssey?

#31 Posted by Reisz (1527 posts) -

Metal Gear Solid because of "The Best is Yet to Come". In my ears the finest single piece of music to come out of video games.

#32 Edited by Voxus (350 posts) -

Silent Hill 2

#33 Posted by The_Hiro_Abides (1270 posts) -

Well most of my favorites have been mentioned already. I will say that in my regular playlist of music Mega Man 2 is usually there when I'm working or exercising. I'm also a big fan of Castlevania music.

Oh and Super Meat Boy has fantastic music.

#34 Posted by Guided_By_Tigers (8061 posts) -

Donkey Kong Country 2 is the best and most consistent VG soundtrack IMO.

#35 Posted by DonutFever (3540 posts) -

Persona, Bastion, All the RareWare N64 games, Silent Hill just for the intro songs.

#36 Posted by TheHT (11820 posts) -

Assassin's Creed 2 and Hitman Blood Money.

#37 Posted by Elwoodan (871 posts) -

Dust Force, Bastion, and basically any thing by Jeremy Soule (the elder scrolls/guildwars guy) and of course, hotline:Miami.

#38 Edited by MightyDuck (1524 posts) -

I have to throw out FFVII to be honest. I've been replaying FFVII for the past month, just was given the keys to the Airship finally. Anyway, the game really does have solid music in my opinion.

Also a fan of the music in Jet Moto, albeit there isn't much variety.

#39 Posted by MariachiMacabre (7100 posts) -

These are my candidates.

#40 Edited by JaredA (832 posts) -

Shadow of the Colossus. Seriously, duders.

#41 Posted by ArbitraryWater (12130 posts) -

Having been recently reminded that Bionic Commando Rearmed exists, I choose that, because man was that soundtrack awesome.

I will also accept Symphony of the Night.

#42 Edited by Cyrus_Saren (540 posts) -

In my opinion: Chrono Cross, Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy VII, Breath of Fire III. Hard to choose one as the best. Symphony of the Night was pretty awesome though. As was Donkey Kong Country 2.

#43 Edited by bgdiner (293 posts) -

Oblivion, Uncharted (at least the main theme), HOTLINE: MIAMI !!!, and Max Payne 3

#44 Edited by JacobG (39 posts) -

I'm still not sure if it's my all-time favorite, but man do I love Fez's soundtrack.

#45 Posted by Raven10 (1925 posts) -

So many great ones mentioned. I agree with a ton of them so I'll just add some that haven't been said yet.

Flower

LocoRoco

Advent Rising

Beyond Good and Evil

To The Moon

Might and Magic/Heroes of Might and Magic series pre-Ubisoft

#46 Posted by 71Ranchero (2834 posts) -

Tomato Mart. Best video game music ever composed.

#47 Edited by LastNinja (281 posts) -

I second Silent Hill 2 and would like to add Hotline: Miami

and Quake and The Dig

and

#48 Posted by joshthebear (2700 posts) -

Secret of Mana; no need for anything else at all.

#49 Posted by zFUBARz (637 posts) -

For licenced or covered music honestly Bioshock Infinite was amazing, also Tony Hawk 1 still rocks my world.

@atramentous: Damn you to hell for that, I will be dreaming about Shenmue for a week now.

#50 Edited by SharpShotApollo (141 posts) -

A Link to the Past, Bastion, Sword and Sworcery, Skyrim, Mega Man X, Mega Man 2, Journey, Fez, Double Dragon Neon, FTL, Red Dead Redemption, Mass Effect 2...I'll post more if I think of them when I wake up.