• 54 results
#51 Posted by Fallen189 (5298 posts) -

#52 Posted by RonGalaxy (3502 posts) -

2008 was the most bombastic year I've ever experienced in my gaming career (I'm 20, so I was in 9th grade then). You cannot compete with the holy trifecta that is GTA4, Fallout 3, and MGS4. Also, Rockband fucking 2 came out that year. That game has had a deep, personal effect on my psyche that will never fade away. I look back on that year fondly for a multitude of reasons, the gaming selection being one of those reasons.

#53 Posted by TobbRobb (4987 posts) -

Yeah 2010 is basically the no contest winner. Too many good things came out for so many different tastes, and mine in particular got tickled real good.

#54 Posted by Wuddel (2295 posts) -

Objectively 2011. 2010 for Civ 5 and Shogun 2 coming out. I guess 2007, when you are a filthy console peasant ;)

#55 Edited by Sterling (3019 posts) -

That is a tough one. Mass Effect came out in 2007. Dragon Age Origins came out in 2009. And 2009 had Demon's Souls also. But 2012 had Crusader Kings II. So its a tough call.

I'm leaning towards 2012. I mean really. What other game offers you the chance to kill your cousin by plotting against him with his wife. Then taking his wife as your mistress. Having a child with her. And then ploting to kill it, before she plots to kill you to put her child on the throne. Seriously. Play that game.

#56 Posted by impartialgecko (1742 posts) -

The last 4 months of 2007 were pretty damn incredible, but I'll have to go with 09.

#57 Posted by armaan8014 (5695 posts) -

I'm going with 2007 not only because the games that year were fun, but 2007 is a landmark year for this gaming generation. The year had so many games that would start current trends in gaming and/or create new franchises that could define this generation of gaming. Games include:

• Super Mario Galaxy
  • Mass Effect
  • Bioshock
  • COD Modern Warfare
  • Uncharted
  • Rock Band
  • The Orange Box (which includes Team Fortress 2 and Portal)
  • Assassin's Creed
  • Metroid Prime 3
  • Halo 3
  • Forza Motorsport 2

agreed