#1 Edited by Seppli (10251 posts) -
Terminators? Pointy Things? Chickenheadman holding hands with chipmunk girl?

Well - let's speculate what this could be. Seems too high tech and shiny for a new Fallout game. Maybe some new id-joint? I'm always hoping for a proper competitor to Battlefield using a more fictional and liberating setting - where things can always be in service of gameplay, and never have to pay tribute to reality. So here's my guess. It's id's as of yet unnannouced answer to DICE's Battlefield franchise.

Robot Penis?

Robot Cervix?

Robot Spawning Pool?
#2 Posted by Svenzon (713 posts) -

Or a sequel to Terminator: Future Shock and SkyNET? I don't believe it will ever happen, but I would love to see it.

#3 Posted by damswedon (3175 posts) -

Hold on is this Bethesda the makers of The Elder Scrolls and Fallout 3 teasing this, or is it Bethesda who are actually ZeniMax teasing this?

#4 Posted by jaycee13 (523 posts) -

I hope those specific images are indeed unrelated to Fallout. That's not the type of aesthetic I'd like to see in the series.

#5 Posted by Seppli (10251 posts) -

Hold on is this Bethesda the makers of The Elder Scrolls and Fallout 3 teasing this, or is it Bethesda who are actually ZeniMax teasing this?

Bethesda the publisher, formerly known as ZeniMax(?).

#6 Posted by Cloudenvy (5891 posts) -

The latter, I bet.

#7 Posted by Seppli (10251 posts) -

Wait a minute. Didn't they pick up Itagaki's Devil's Third? If so, this got to be it.

#8 Posted by bigjeffrey (4778 posts) -

BRINK 2

#9 Edited by Clonedzero (4091 posts) -

Eh, probably just Fallout 4 stuff. Robot eye. missiles, guns, all fits

#10 Edited by MordeaniisChaos (5730 posts) -

@jaycee13 said:

I hope those specific images are indeed unrelated to Fallout. That's not the type of aesthetic I'd like to see in the series.

What, metal? Anyone saying this doesn't look like anything in Fallout needs to look at all of the god damned robots. Also, it's a bunch of warheads. Potentially the nuclear variety. So this could totally be Fallout if it's Bethesda teasing it and not ZeniMax. If it's ZeniMax, no idea.

Either way, I bet we find out at Microsoft's event.

EDIT: Wow, that picture is the shittiest of shit versions.

http://www.gamezone.com/news/2013/05/06/bethesda-teasing-another-game-is-this-one-finally-wolfenstein A little more vertical resolution reveals that this is almost certainly not Fallout.

#11 Edited by Abendlaender (2761 posts) -

All I have to say is: Fuck watermarks

Also: Prey 2 or gtfo (I would also take a new Fallout though)

#12 Edited by Bollard (5248 posts) -

@mordeaniischaos:

Bethesda has already stated outright that this project has nothing to do with Bethesda Game Studios, so we can probably rule out Fallout 4.

Well, that answers that then.

#13 Edited by jaycee13 (523 posts) -

@mordeaniischaos: I disagree, the robots in Fallout have a more retro-future look and appear a lot more worn and weathered. Anyhow it's quite irrelevant considering it is all but confirmed not to be a Fallout game.

#14 Edited by smcn (876 posts) -

It's probably the same thing they teased with a vine video, which they said specifically wasn't Fallout. Don't worry though, work on Fallout 4 has most definitely started since before Skyrim's Dragonborn DLC was even released.

#15 Edited by TheHT (10880 posts) -

Also: Prey 2 or gtfo (I would also take a new Fallout though)

i really hope so.

#16 Posted by rebgav (1429 posts) -

@seppli said:

@damswedon said:

Bethesda the publisher, formerly known as ZeniMax(?).

Bethesda Softworks ("BethSoft") is the publisher, Bethesda Game Studios (BGS) is the... uh... yeah. ZeniMax Media is the parent company of both, not to be confused with ZeniMax Online Studios, the Elder Scrolls MMO studio.

#17 Edited by TheManWithNoPlan (5226 posts) -
Fallout 4 ?!!!

#18 Posted by Gamer_152 (14051 posts) -

So here's that first image without the watermarks and another one that Gamespot put out. Apparently this stuff went up alongside the hashtag "#1960" and IGN have speculated that this is either Prey 2 or The Evil Within, both of which are being published by Bethesda. It's hard to know, but I'd say this is either Prey or something they haven't announced yet, I seriously doubt it's a competitor to Battlefield though, I see no reason to assume that.

#19 Posted by Cold_Wolven (2211 posts) -

If it's the revamped Prey 2 that was apparently happening then that could be cool as I was sad when they put that game on indefinite hold. Fallout 4 would most likely be an E3 unveiling if anything so I don't think it's that.

#20 Posted by RazielCuts (2926 posts) -

(from the top panel) A sequal to this? -

#21 Posted by Stonyman65 (2591 posts) -

The looks like Fallout to me. Very similar to a lot of the older Fallout 2 era designs.

#22 Posted by GERALTITUDE (2917 posts) -

We're on track for another Fallout. If Bethesda felt like making 2 billion dollars next year it'd be a launch game. Doubt this is another horror.. doubt it's Terminator (lol - but maybe not??).. doubt it's Prey 2..

Silhouettes (an adult and 1 or 2 children) in the second panel are clearly some peeps standing around a fire, and one of them seems to have a ballcap. Screams post-apocalypse to me.

Fallout.

#23 Posted by Levio (1783 posts) -

Oh man, I bet it's MechScape, the sequel to RuneScape! The wait was so worth it.

#24 Posted by MarkM (288 posts) -

Its obviously the new fallout which will have 4 player online coop.

#25 Posted by MordeaniisChaos (5730 posts) -

@jaycee13 said:

@mordeaniischaos: I disagree, the robots in Fallout have a more retro-future look and appear a lot more worn and weathered. Anyhow it's quite irrelevant considering it is all but confirmed not to be a Fallout game.

They were new at some point though. lol

Considering the naming of the files and the design, I think Wolfenstein may actually be right.

So here's that first image without the watermarks and another one that Gamespot put out. Apparently this stuff went up alongside the hashtag "#1960" and IGN have speculated that this is either Prey 2 or The Evil Within, both of which are being published by Bethesda. It's hard to know, but I'd say this is either Prey or something they haven't announced yet, I seriously doubt it's a competitor to Battlefield though, I see no reason to assume that.

Or there are the full frame images that were linked earlier in the thread :p The lasers (pretty sure that's what is going on in the second shot, those look like beams coming out of the rods, and stuff make me question things a bit. And I think the first shot is a bunch of robots in the rain, in formation.

And the #1960 is strongly against the Fallout thing, isn't it? That franchise takes place like 300 years in the future. It also seems a little late for Mecha-Hitler.

Fallout seems highly unlikely, unless this is like, Fallout Origins, but that seems unlikely because the Fallout universe didn't diverge a whole lot until after 1960.

#26 Posted by BaneFireLord (2909 posts) -

@mordeaniischaos:

Bethesda has already stated outright that this project has nothing to do with Bethesda Game Studios, so we can probably rule out Fallout 4.

Well, that answers that then.

And that's my cue to plod out of this thread, shaking my head with sadness.

#27 Posted by Bollard (5248 posts) -

@mordeaniischaos: I hope it's Prey 2, because if it's Wolfenstein I literally couldn't care less.

#28 Edited by Oldirtybearon (4594 posts) -

@seppli said:

Wait a minute. Didn't they pick up Itagaki's Devil's Third? If so, this got to be it.

It's not Devil's Third. That looked... way more Japanese than this.

I'd be pretty happy if this was a new Wolfenstein game. I like the whole Nazi Occult No Really This Shit is Real concept behind Return to Castle Wolfenstein and the 2009 Raven game. Granted the Raven game kinda blew, but that's all the more reason to take the cool concept and give it the game it deserves.

#29 Posted by selbie (1842 posts) -

Daft Punk: The Videogame

#30 Posted by Dave_442 (52 posts) -

Its Wolfenstein, there's another thread on the forum with the actual trailer in it.