BF3 or MW3. Which are you buying this year?

• 150 results
Avatar image for awesomeusername
awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By awesomeusername
MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#2  Edited By MooseyMcMan

Serious Sam 3. 

awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By awesomeusername

I obviously hate CoD and only played Bad Company 1 but I loved it and BF3 looks fucking... words cannot explain.

Avatar image for shadowknight508
ShadowKnight508

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By ShadowKnight508

Battlefield 3. I am so sick of the Modern Warfare aspect of FPS games at the moment, and the latest BF3 trailer blew my mind with how awesome it looked.

FrankCanada97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By FrankCanada97

Modern Warfare 3 hasn't even been announced yet.

Avatar image for sethphotopoulos
SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#6  Edited By SethPhotopoulos

I kind of want to see what MW3 is with more than just IW.  So I'll buy neither.

Andorski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Andorski

One will be a retread of it's former self and the other is gimped on consoles. 

Warhawk sequel godmotherfuckingdammit.

beeftothetaco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By beeftothetaco

Battlefield 3 for sure. MW has run its course.

Ace829

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By Ace829

I'd be willing to play Battlefield 3 if there's going to be a competent team surrounding me, preferably people I know. I'm willing to meet anyone who wishes to play in a team too. Playing with randoms in BC2 got boring after a month.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By FluxWaveZ
@FrankCanada97 said:
" Modern Warfare 3 hasn't even been announced yet. "
So? We know it's happening. 

I'm going to buy Modern Warfare 3 as I've never played a Battlefield game before and CoD's multiplayer appeals to me more than BF's.
MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By MooseyMcMan

Well, I guess I should throw my vote for MW3, if only because the CoD games are CRAZY. There was a castle in MW2. A CASTLE!  

Come back to me when there's a castle in BF3. 

Avatar image for captaintightpants
CaptainTightPants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

Is it not possible to buy both? :3 
I enjoy the Call of Duty single player and I enjoy the Battlefield multiplayer so I would give both a chance.

FrankCanada97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By FrankCanada97
@FluxWaveZ said:
" @FrankCanada97 said:
So? We know it's happening.  I'm going to buy Modern Warfare 3 as I've never played a Battlefield game before and CoD's multiplayer appeals to me more than BF's. "
Do we know it's happening this year?
Avatar image for dad_is_a_zombie
Dad_Is_A_Zombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Dad_Is_A_Zombie

I played literally an hour of Battlefield: Bad Company (single player) and found the Haggard and Sweetwater characters so spectacularly stupid that I traded the game in the following day. Seriously, it was so dumb it ruined the game. Even though these dumbass comic relief characters aren't in Battlefield 3 and as weak as MF2 was, I would still be more likely to spend money on a new Modern Warfare game. Hoping at least it would be as good as the original Modern Warfare.

SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By SethPhotopoulos
@FluxWaveZ said:

" @FrankCanada97 said:

So? We know it's happening.  I'm going to buy Modern Warfare 3 as I've never played a Battlefield game before and CoD's multiplayer appeals to me more than BF's. "
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3, the eighth entry in the Call of Duty franchise, is slated to be released in 2011. It has been hampered with legal trouble between publisherActivision and the former co-executives of developer Infinity Ward, delaying pre-production although Infinity Ward has been trying to hire new employees to work on Modern Warfare 3. On January 20, 2011, the LA Times reported that the next game would be Modern Warfare 3, and that it was set to be released in November 2011. Sledgehammer Games is helping Infinity Ward with the single player, while Raven Software is working on the multiplayer. It is confirmed that Sledgehammer is aiming for a "bug free" first outing in the Call of Duty franchise, which also sets a goal for review scores above 95 percent    
FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By FluxWaveZ
@FrankCanada97 said:
" Do we know it's happening this year? "
Well, I think we do... If anything, a CoD game will come out this year for sure.
FrankCanada97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By FrankCanada97
@Dad_Is_A_Zombie said:
" I played literally an hour of Battlefield: Bad Company (single player) and found the Haggard and Sweetwater characters so spectacularly stupid that I traded the game in the following day. Seriously, it was so dumb it ruined the game. Even though these dumbass comic relief characters aren't in Battlefield 3 and as weak as MF2 was, I would still be more likely to spend money on a new Modern Warfare game. Hoping at least it would be as good as the original Modern Warfare. "
Wait, you didn't even play the multiplayer? The thing that the entire series is built around? Everyone regarded the singleplayer portion as the tacked-on bit.
awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By awesomeusername
@FluxWaveZ: So you never played a BF game and CoD's multiplayer appeals to you more? Get your ass to a game store and buy Bad Company 1 or 2. Hell, buy both.

@SethPhotopoulos: IW is making MW3. You mean without West, Zampella and some of the staff from IW? IW, Sledgehammer, and Raven are working on MW3. 

@Ace829: Depends. What console we talkin' bout here?
edtwo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By edtwo

why cant i just get both?

Sooperspy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 17

#20  Edited By Sooperspy

Battlefield 3

SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By SethPhotopoulos
@awesomeusername: I saw yes.
FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By FluxWaveZ
@awesomeusername said:
" @FluxWaveZ: So you never played a BF game and CoD's multiplayer appeals to you more? Get your ass to a game store and buy Bad Company 1 or 2. Hell, buy both."  
Well, many people praise Battlefield's multiplayer over CoD's because it actually requires team cooperation and one can't go all 'Rambo' if they want to win. I hate that. My most played game mode in CoD is FFA or any other variation and I want to cooperate as little with a team as possible in my multiplayer games.
Mahonay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#23  Edited By Mahonay

Battlefield 3.  Bad Company 2 already replaced Call of Duty for me.

lead_farmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#24  Edited By lead_farmer

Probably Battlefield.  Haven't played a Battlefield game in a long time.  Don't want to play another CoD game.

Avatar image for dad_is_a_zombie
Dad_Is_A_Zombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Dad_Is_A_Zombie
@FrankCanada97 said:
" @Dad_Is_A_Zombie said:
" I played literally an hour of Battlefield: Bad Company (single player) and found the Haggard and Sweetwater characters so spectacularly stupid that I traded the game in the following day. Seriously, it was so dumb it ruined the game. Even though these dumbass comic relief characters aren't in Battlefield 3 and as weak as MF2 was, I would still be more likely to spend money on a new Modern Warfare game. Hoping at least it would be as good as the original Modern Warfare. "
Wait, you didn't even play the multiplayer? The thing that the entire series is built around? Everyone regarded the singleplayer portion as the tacked-on bit. "
One and a half matches. People think COD is a camper's paradise? Play Battlefield. Both game's are annoying at times but Battlefield struck me as a total waste of time. Maybe I'm wrong, but I'm not spending any more money on it to find out.
Oldirtybearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Oldirtybearon

All we saw of BF3 was a sorta decent trailer, all we know of MW3 is its legal woes and that three developers and a billion red Chinese are developing it. I think I'll pass on both until I see more.

Twinblade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Twinblade

I've always found CoD to be extremely overrated and Battlefield 2 is still the best online shooter i've ever played, so theres my answer.

Ben_H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#28  Edited By Ben_H
@MooseyMcMan said:

" Well, I guess I should throw my vote for MW3, if only because the CoD games are CRAZY. There was a castle in MW2. A CASTLE!   Come back to me when there's a castle in BF3.  "

I'm pretty sure there was a castle map in one of the BF2 booster packs.
korolev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#29  Edited By korolev

Why not both?  

But failing the option for both, I'd get BF3, because it's a proven series from a proven studio. Don't get me wrong, Infinity Ward was great, they knew their stuff, and Treyarch aren't bad. But MW3, assuming it is coming out this year (and it almost certainly is), is being produced by Sledgehammer with help from Ravensoft. Or, at least, that's what I've heard. Multiple studios, none of which have made a CoD game before, are working on this project, and frankly, that scares me. MW3 COULD turn out to be great. But that's a "COULD be good" for MW3 Vs a "PRETTY DAMN SURE it'll be good" for BF3.  

Remember, the Title doesn't mean anything, it's the team BEHIND the Title. And the Team behind MW2 is gone, looooooong gone, and the team behind Blops isn't working on this.  

And the most damning thing is the rumour that they are actually aiming for a metacritic rating of 95 - they have a metacritic rating as a goal, and that never bodes well. You start off with the desire to make a great game, not the desire to "get a 95 on Metacritic".  

All major studio games are ultimately driven by the executives desire for profit, so I don't begrudge Bobby "No-Bonuses" Kotick for demanding that they produce another MW3. I mean, EA are making BF3 for mostly the same reason - you know, money. But DICE have been around for a long time, we know what they can make, and the quality of the product is more-or-less assured. With MW3, right now, the whole thing's a bloody cipher wrapped up 3 mouth-watering layers of riddle, and deep-fried in an enigma, with a sweet mystery glaze. Until they release more information and let someone get some hands-on experience with the game, I'm afraid I just don't know enough about it to think about buying it. 

EDIT: Also, the "Modern-day shooter" genre is dying from over-saturation, much like how the WWII genre is dying. They better go future-tech fast. Remember, the WWII setting seemed fine right up till the point where it died suddenly. I get the feeling that the "Look! I'm holding an M16 and I'm shooting non-Nazis for a change! I guess it's modern!" is growing really stale, really fast.

DragonNinja789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By DragonNinja789

Battlefield 3. I'm pretty much done with Call of Duty.
   DICE is a studio I really trust and their games are actually pretty good. I love their engine and they always seem to keeps real fresh, even within the FPS genre.

I think if I were to keep playing shooters, it would only be one's by them.

awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By awesomeusername
@Korolev: IW and Sledgehammer are doing the single player and Ravens doing the multiplayer. 

@Mahonay said:
" Battlefield 3.  Bad Company 2 already replaced Call of Duty for me. "
You sir, have common sense. 

@FluxWaveZ said:
" @awesomeusername said:
" @FluxWaveZ: So you never played a BF game and CoD's multiplayer appeals to you more? Get your ass to a game store and buy Bad Company 1 or 2. Hell, buy both."  
Well, many people praise Battlefield's multiplayer over CoD's because it actually requires team cooperation and one can't go all 'Rambo' if they want to win. I hate that. My most played game mode in CoD is FFA or any other variation and I want to cooperate as little with a team as possible in my multiplayer games. "
I just hope you don't go to the army dude.
FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By FluxWaveZ
@awesomeusername said:
"
" @awesomeusername said:
Well, many people praise Battlefield's multiplayer over CoD's because it actually requires team cooperation and one can't go all 'Rambo' if they want to win. I hate that. My most played game mode in CoD is FFA or any other variation and I want to cooperate as little with a team as possible in my multiplayer games. "
I just hope you don't go to the army dude. "
What the hell does that have to do with what we're talking about? Are you really, really comparing Call of Duty or Battlefield to the army in real life?
SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By SethPhotopoulos
@awesomeusername said:
Watching Ryan play battlefield makes it seem like thats not the type of game that would help you train for the army either.
Chris2KLee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#34  Edited By Chris2KLee

BF3 because it's a real game at this point. MW3 will probably be announced sure, but it's a patch work job without the original creators on board, so I'll probably wait for reviews and user feedback before I jump aboard that train.

awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By awesomeusername
@SethPhotopoulos: I read your comment wrong, forget what I said. 

@FluxWaveZ said:
" @awesomeusername said:
"
" @awesomeusername said:
What the hell does that have to do with what we're talking about? Are you really, really comparing Call of Duty or Battlefield to the army in real life? "
It's a joke dude.-_- Back on track, I hate it that one person can destroy a whole team in CoD. Especially since I'm not the greatest person when it comes to multiplayer. Hell, I have more fun playing MAG then CoD. I like the fact that you have to cooperate with your team to achieve your goals. Not one person starting off with a kill by throwing a tomahawk across the map and rushing through the other people to plant the bomb and then the whole team have a campfest at the bomb until it explodes. Also that you have health and not CoD style where you get shot by someone and decide to take cover behind something and gain all your health back. It gives more realism to the game. If you give BF a chance and play the way fps's should be played, I think you'd like it. I'm also pretty sure there is ffa in BF. (Hopefully)
SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By SethPhotopoulos
@awesomeusername: That was a joke before you think I was trying to attack you too.
blueaniman93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#37  Edited By blueaniman93

never played  battlefield but the third one looks cool so far 
i get bored of cod .pretty.quickly so probably .not buying it

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By iam3green

i'll probably get modern warfare 3. battlefield 3 on the PC is where it's at, my computer probably won't run it. i need an upgrade but don't have the money to do it.

FancySoapsMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By FancySoapsMan

If Modern Warfare 3 is a direct sequel to MW2 I'll go with that.

I want to find out what happens to Soap and Cpt. Price :3

Aetheldod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Aetheldod

None ...... I am tired of the "one lane" game designs of these FPS , also BC 1 had a good satyrical story and was original , but then we had Bad company modern warfare 2 and all went to shit. and there is COD stupid story ad naseum part 3 coming , lame . Also I had my fill with dumb stories with KZ3 for the year. So I no longer will buy these games ,  may not hamper their development but at least I know Im voting with my wallet  , not that I expect it to work anyway :(

DystopiaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By DystopiaX

This thread is retarded. One because we know nothing about MW3 or if this year's game is indeed MW3. Two because we know of BF3, but very little, and three because there's no reason you can't fucking buy and enjoy both games.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By FluxWaveZ
@awesomeusername said:

" If you give BF a chance and play the way fps's should be played, I think you'd like it. "

This just makes you sound like an elitist snob.    

I'm also pretty sure there is ffa in BF. (Hopefully)    

I'm certain there won't be. 

Different strokes for different folks, dude. If you play FFA in CoD, you'll come to realize that camping is barely a problem as you won't be nearly as efficient compare to a mobile player. You described demolition there, but like I said before, I'm only ever interested in modes like FFA or other variations as I don't have to worry about supporting a team and I just need to worry about myself. FFA is more tense and just fits the way I play much more. Also, I have no care for "realism" in this style of video game.    
awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By awesomeusername
@SethPhotopoulos: Huh? I didn't read your Ryan part before I replied to him saying it was a joke. I just read that comment now. I was to busy drooling over the inFAMOUS 2 video... again. 

Edit: Oh!? The "I read your comment wrong, forget what I said." was meant for the first comment you made in this thread. 
SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By SethPhotopoulos
@awesomeusername: Your minds too filled with lighting and ice to read straight.  Hopefully this is not a problem in your real life.
Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#45  Edited By Vinny_Says

uh both....if it's not a diredct sequel to modern warfare 2 I won't but CoD. Otherwise I'll be one of the 50 million people to buy MW3....

DystopiaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By DystopiaX

This thread is retarded. One because we know nothing about MW3 or if this year's game is indeed MW3. Two because we know of BF3, but very little, and three because there's no reason you can't fucking buy and enjoy both games.

awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By awesomeusername
@DystopiaX: Omg. It was meant as which would you prefer to buy. I'm sorry I can't change the thread title? 

@FluxWaveZ said:
" @awesomeusername said:

" If you give BF a chance and play the way fps's should be played, I think you'd like it. "

This just makes you sound like an elitist snob.    

I'm also pretty sure there is ffa in BF. (Hopefully)    

I'm certain there won't be.  Different strokes for different folks, dude. If you play FFA in CoD, you'll come to realize that camping is barely a problem as you won't be nearly as efficient compare to a mobile player. You described demolition there, but like I said before, I'm only ever interested in modes like FFA or other variations as I don't have to worry about supporting a team and I just need to worry about myself. FFA is more tense and just fits the way I play much more. Also, I have no care for "realism" in this style of video game.     "
How does that make me sound like a snob? Because I don't think it's fun to go all rambo on another team? Because I think it's much more fun to actually work with a team to win in a game? I'm not trying to say Bf is superior over CoD. I'm just saying it's more team based which makes it much more fun. I've played COD enough to know it's a campfest most of the time. In fact, I've play the past 4 COD's that have came out and after MW, the game dragged. MW was the only good game for the past almost 5 years now. I never played any of the earlier ones and I could care less about those. But WAW was basically MW in WW2. Then MW2 came along and it sucked balls. The story hardly made enough sense to be a sequel and the multiplayer was garbage. A lot of things were overpowered and I hated every map. Blops is practically the same shit as MW2, they just ripped everything and made it a little better. But it's still the same crap. I've played ffa also, and while I'm actually quite good in it, one match isn't going to keep me going back to a game seeming every other match type sucks because there's 0 cooperation in the game. Every match might as well be ffa because everyone basically says "I'm a one man team, I'll place the bomb where I like it, when I like it and I don't need your help so I'm running in the middle of the map because I kick that much ass in the game." No one in that game cares about planting the bomb in S&D. All they want is kills and kills and kills. I have more fun playing MAG then I do playing Blops. So sorry I like team based games and you like being rambo and that I tried to explain the differences between the games. Whatever floats your boat dude. You can stay with COD then, I'll wait for BF3. 
awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By awesomeusername
@SethPhotopoulos: Only when it comes to math. Why must I know the square root of a triangle to become a doctor? I'm usually thinking of stomping on Necromorphs when I read.
Skald

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 7

#49  Edited By Skald

Half of the people saying they won't get MW3 probably will.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By FluxWaveZ
@awesomeusername: What are you even rambling on about?  

How does that make me sound like a snob? Because I don't think it's fun to go all rambo on another team? Because I think it's much more fun to actually work with a team to win in a game? I'm not trying to say Bf is superior over CoD.   

These were your exact words: 

If you give BF a chance and play the way fps's should be played, I think you'd like it.   

You're objectively stating that FPSs should be played as a team instead of going solo. That in turn means you're saying those who play solo are "doing it wrong". That makes you sound like a snob. There's no other manner to take that comment and, if that's not what you meant, you totally wrote what you were thinking wrong. 

You end everything you say by stating that different people like different things. Wow, who would have guessed. That's exactly what I said before. I don't see the point to everything you said there.