• 55 results
Cruncha_Munch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Cruncha_Munch

I was in the PS3 beta and it was pretty sweet. But I new they needed to tweak it some more.

Now I'm playing the 360 demo. And why the 360 version seems to have a tad better graphics and looks sharper then the PS3 version. The game seems off? I'm starting this sense that it's just not that fun anymore. The game handles kind of clunky.

MW2 is better no doubt. Although I'm not that big into MW2 online becuase it is way to fast paced and just kill die kill die all running around like crazy fast mad. But it is of better quality. BFBC2 feels a tad like arcade trash.. It just does not have the ephfff effect like it's not gritty enough or something?

Anyway i may be passing on it and it sucks becuase I'm a battlefield fan but honestly 1943 on Live arcade seems funner?

Guees I'll wait for Bungie to bring us all to our knees with Halo Reach  later this year.

Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Jayge_

They somehow managed to make a game worse than Bad Company 1, which was worse than 1943, which is an XBLA game. Bit more than "kind of" fail right there.

ThePhantomnaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By ThePhantomnaut

I don't know what you mean because it feels just fine.

MAN_FLANNEL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By MAN_FLANNEL

I drove off a cliff on a ATV, moved to the back rack, sniped a mother fucker with my rifle, and drove off.   

Game is the shit.

ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By ryanwho

No man no. This is supposed to be my sleeper hit of the year.

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#6  Edited By natetodamax

I haven't played it yet, but from what I've seen in gameplay videos it doesn't look anywhere as clunky as Bad Company 1 was.

Gabriel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#7  Edited By Gabriel

When I played the demo I didn't care for the shooting at all, but they could fix that in the coming months.

breadfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

#8  Edited By breadfan

What game did you play? The game is hella awesome sucka.

Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Jayge_
@natetodamax said:
" I haven't played it yet, but from what I've seen in gameplay videos it doesn't look anywhere as clunky as Bad Company 1 was. "
BC1 was far less of a clusterfuck and just about as clunky as this game appears to be, although to be fair we only get one map in the demo, but if that's the map they choose to represent their game then that doesn't really bode well for it.
natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By natetodamax
@Jayge said:
" @natetodamax said:
" I haven't played it yet, but from what I've seen in gameplay videos it doesn't look anywhere as clunky as Bad Company 1 was. "
BC1 was far less of a clusterfuck and just about as clunky as this game appears to be, although to be fair we only get one map in the demo, but if that's the map they choose to represent their game then that doesn't really bode well for it. "
I consider BC1 to be clunky because 
  • You had to hold the sprint button to sprint
  • You could get stuck on anything in the game
  • Hitting a small rock in a tank caused you to do a 180 degree turn
  • It took a full second after sprinting to bring your weapon up
  • Movement/turning speed was just........ not good.

Does BC2 have these issues?
Avatar image for buzz_killington
buzz_killington

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By buzz_killington

Are you saying they have made the demo (which is usually a part of the final build) worse than its beta?

Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Jayge_
@natetodamax said:
" @Jayge said:
" @natetodamax said:
BC1 was far less of a clusterfuck and just about as clunky as this game appears to be, although to be fair we only get one map in the demo, but if that's the map they choose to represent their game then that doesn't really bode well for it. "
  • You had to hold the sprint button to sprint No
  • You could get stuck on anything in the game Somewhat
  • Hitting a small rock in a tank caused you to do a 180 degree turn Haven't bothered with vehicles yet
  • It took a full second after sprinting to bring your weapon up Yes
  • Movement/turning speed was just........ not good. Yes, possibly worse than before

"
>.>
FrankCanada97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#13  Edited By FrankCanada97
@natetodamax said:
" @Jayge said:
" @natetodamax said:
  • You had to hold the sprint button to sprint
  • You could get stuck on anything in the game
  • Hitting a small rock in a tank caused you to do a 180 degree turn
  • It took a full second after sprinting to bring your weapon up
  • Movement/turning speed was just........ not good.

"
Not in my experience with the beta, of course the last point you have there wasn't an issue for me, I must have changed the sensitivity for that in the beta.
Cruncha_Munch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Cruncha_Munch
@ryanwho said:
" No man no. This is supposed to be my sleeper hit of the year. "
not trying to be harsh but something is just a mis or off with this game. The hit detection is bad and it feels way to floaty?
Twinblade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Twinblade

there are few annoyances that will hopefully be addressed before the game is released or with future patches but other than that its freakin great. can't wait for march 2nd.

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By natetodamax
@Jayge said:
" @natetodamax said:
" @Jayge said:
" @natetodamax said:
  • Hitting a small rock in a tank caused you to do a 180 degree turn Haven't bothered with vehicles yet
  • Movement/turning speed was just........ not good. Yes, possibly worse than before

"
>.> "
Forgive me for not playing the game.
Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Jayge_
@natetodamax said:
" @Jayge said:
" @natetodamax said:
" @Jayge said:
" @natetodamax said:

"
>.> "
Forgive me for not playing the game. "
What? I just answered your questions inside the quote. When did you get so defensive, nate?
Cruncha_Munch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Cruncha_Munch
@buzz_killington said:
"

Are you saying they have made the demo (which is usually a part of the final build) worse than its beta?

"
Yes it feels worse then the Beta. It's not just me a lot of people are saying what I'm saying
natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By natetodamax
@Jayge said:

" @natetodamax said:

" @Jayge said:
" @natetodamax said:
" @Jayge said:
" @natetodamax said:

"
>.> "
Forgive me for not playing the game. "
What? I just answered your questions inside the quote. When did you get so defensive, nate? "
I wasn't getting defensive, I thought you bolded the question and put ">.>" as if to say "that was a dumb question" 

EDIT: Nevermind, I never saw the the answers. I'm stupid.
Belonpopo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

#20  Edited By Belonpopo

I guess I'll go play the demo.

mano521

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By mano521

i was told by a good buddy of mine how he was falling from a plane with a parachute with AA fire going on all around him,    and later i was told he was sniping the enemy time while they were parachute spawning into the battle 

sounds pretty badass to me

Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Jayge_
@natetodamax said:
"
I wasn't getting defensive, I thought you bolded the question and put ">.>" as if to say "that was a dumb question" "
I didn't know if it would let me post the post without any actual content outside of the quote.
Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#23  Edited By Diamond

I like it just as much as BFBC1 I think, but the problem is the entire Battlefield series is starting to wear on me.  I'm feeling like the entire series needs some radical true gameplay innovations to make it interesting again.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#24  Edited By Seppli

Although I completely disagree with the notion that BF:BC 2 fails, I too am a bit surprised that I like the Xbox demo less than the PS3 beta. I prefer the 360 pad over the PS3 pad, nontheless the controls seem less fluid and immerisve, than they were on the PS3.

3 key differences to the PS3 beta, which seem like an odd downstep to me...

1. Lack of realtime ragdoll physics on firearm kills (the canned animations are okay, but nowhere near as satisfying as the realtime ragdoll effects were in the PS3 beta - realtime ragdoll effects are in for kills with explosives and roadkills)
  2. The ballistics simultation seems to be different (less recoil, less traveltime, less bulletdrop, less damage, more spread - generally less kick to the gunplay). This may be attributed partly to lack of realtime ragdoll effects on gunfire kills and the lack of scope-specialization unlocks decreasing my general accuracy by roughly 10%)
  3. The lack of stickdrive, which I'm used to (can't put throttle and break on a analog stick)
Other than that, I love the game.  Port Valdez is a bit less open than Arica Harbor and has more narrow chokepoints. I prefer open maps. The graphics are improved over the PS3 Beta though, with higher resolution textures and more particle effects - although it seems to me as if the PS3 Beta was rendered in a higher resolution. I'm looking forward to crosscheck the Xbox demo with the PS3 demo next week. If I like the PS3 demo more than the 360 demo, I'll change my preorder to the PS3 version of the game. It might be that the PS3 can handle more realtime physics because of the high amount of CPU cores in the Cell processor, which might attribute to lack of realtime ragdoll physics on gunfire kills on the 360. I really hope that stickdrive makes a return for release. It would be a shame if it didn't. Also - walking speed seems to be decreased in comparison with the PS3 beta, whereas running speed seems to be the same or even a tad bit faster. Overall I prefer the way the PS3 beta handled movement and ballistics simulation.

Don't let my negatives fool you. Despite my mixed feelings about the changes to the game since the PS3 beta, I love BF:BC 2 a lot. It will definitly be my most played game of 2010 and my go-to online multiplayer game for years to come. I'm only on the fence whether to stick with the 360 version or changing to the PS3 version instead. If I had a modern gaming PC, I'd go for that - but that isn't an option for me right now.

Amazing game - don't let the OP fool you. There is endless fun to be had with BF:BC 2.
b4ds33d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By b4ds33d

i think ill wait for the game to hit retail before i call it junk. the writing in bf:bc was nothing short of spectacular. the voice acting was at the same level. yeah the game had flaws, but the attention that was put into bc's story and actors was what i liked. how many other fps games do that? plus, get on an auto nade launcher and fuck some shit up....tell me THAT's not fuking fun.... 

im not saying the story was realistic by any stretch of the imagination. it had just enough collectibles to makke it interesting, good pacing, levels were not arbitrarily long, enemies were varied, pretty good multiplayer, and ill restate the voice actors.....great. they could definitely improve upon the vehicle controls, specifically the helo. i was a god in the bf2 helo, and couldnt do squat in the gold helo. given, id put prolly 200 hrs into the bf2 helo on private servers to achieve that level of performance, but i thought the controls were total trash.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a00c029ab7c1
deactivated-5a00c029ab7c1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Battlefield 2 is still the best imo i guess ill have to wait for bf3 for a true bf game.How can they not  have prone and i know this sounds like a  silly complaint but it   absolutely   drives me crazy is  the way  your gun bobbles when your walking it looks so silly and its annoying looks like the guns are made  out of rubber thats the most annoying animation iv  ever seen in a game ever.I could go on and on about how this is just a dumb down version of bf2  the only thing that  bad company  2  has over it is destructible environments that is all.         
Binman88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Binman88

From what I've played of the beta so far on the PC, it seems pretty good. It's not BF2, and I have a few gripes with some minor stuff, but it's shaping up pretty well. I'll take it over MW2.

Cruncha_Munch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Cruncha_Munch
@Seppli said:

" Although I completely disagree with the notion that BF:BC 2 fails, I too am a bit surprised that I like the Xbox demo less than the PS3 beta. I prefer the 360 pad over the PS3 pad, nontheless the controls seem less fluid and immerisve, than they were on the PS3.

3 key differences to the PS3 beta, which seem like an odd downstep to me...

1. Lack of realtime ragdoll physics on firearm kills (the canned animations are okay, but nowhere near as satisfying as the realtime ragdoll effects were in the PS3 beta - realtime ragdoll effects are in for kills with explosives and roadkills)
  2. The ballistics simultation seems to be different (less recoil, less traveltime, less bulletdrop, less damage, more spread - generally less kick to the gunplay). This may be attributed partly to lack of realtime ragdoll effects on gunfire kills and the lack of scope-specialization unlocks decreasing my general accuracy by roughly 10%)
  3. The lack of stickdrive, which I'm used to (can't put throttle and break on a analog stick)
Other than that, I love the game.  Port Valdez is a bit less open than Arica Harbor and has more narrow chokepoints. I prefer open maps. The graphics are improved over the PS3 Beta though, with higher resolution textures and more particle effects - although it seems to me as if the PS3 Beta was rendered in a higher resolution. I'm looking forward to crosscheck the Xbox demo with the PS3 demo next week. If I like the PS3 demo more than the 360 demo, I'll change my preorder to the PS3 version of the game. It might be that the PS3 can handle more realtime physics because of the high amount of CPU cores in the Cell processor, which might attribute to lack of realtime ragdoll physics on gunfire kills on the 360. I really hope that stickdrive makes a return for release. It would be a shame if it didn't. Also - walking speed seems to be decreased in comparison with the PS3 beta, whereas running speed seems to be the same or even a tad bit faster. Overall I prefer the way the PS3 beta handled movement and ballistics simulation.  Don't let my negatives fool you. Despite my mixed feelings about the changes to the game since the PS3 beta, I love BF:BC 2 a lot. It will definitly be my most played game of 2010 and my go-to online multiplayer game for years to come. I'm only on the fence whether to stick with the 360 version or changing to the PS3 version instead. If I had a modern gaming PC, I'd go for that - but that isn't an option for me right now.  Amazing game - don't let the OP fool you. There is endless fun to be had with BF:BC 2. "
Yes the lack of stick drive drove me crazy i looked in options but not there? And you are correct the ragdoll effect is not as evidnet as on PS3 Beta. I don't really think it is a cpu thing or anything. I think they even just toned it down or just might not be ramped up in the 360 version. I hope it makes it into both version for release. We will find out next week. I will also do a PS3 demo check to see what copy I get if any?
CptBedlam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By CptBedlam

I think it's mad fun and I already like it better than MW2.

Avatar image for dragoonkain1687
DragoonKain1687

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By DragoonKain1687
@MAN_FLANNEL said:
" I drove off a cliff on a ATV, moved to the back rack, sniped a mother fucker with my rifle, and drove off.      Game is the shit. "
Do that from the parachute, its fucking awesome. I was used to the PS3 beta, many things have changed. And since this is a demo, many options are blocked, which is sad. But the good thing is that many wrong things were changed, into better ones, there are better perks now, and the chopper is da bomb xD I mean, as Im normally playing as Recon, I see the action from far, and seing the mayhem choppers make, its awesome!!! Though I miss my mortar strike xD

Ive a Limited Edition preordered for the PS3. For some reason the beta felt better in some aspects, mentioned in other posts. I will see whats up with the demo next week.
crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By crunchUK

Jayge is ALIVE. Anyway, i cant be bothered to wait for the download, but my main problem with the first bad company was that if it was a large map vehicles would be anhilated by the laser designator snipers as there was no way to know where they were. The small maps just involved people running around aimlessly with silenced SMGs.

Cruncha_Munch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Cruncha_Munch

Anther thing that already bothers me and this is even Xbox live. Of course no one is talking and trying to do teamwork.  A game like this really needs good teamwork but nope no one. I guess it's better then why playing MW2 you get all these ass wipes screaming skill streak bitches I own you blah blah blah nonsense.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Seppli
@crunchUK said:
" Jayge is ALIVE. Anyway, i cant be bothered to wait for the download, but my main problem with the first bad company was that if it was a large map vehicles would be anhilated by the laser designator snipers as there was no way to know where they were. The small maps just involved people running around aimlessly with silenced SMGs. "
1. If you know how, you can easily evade incoming JDAMs. Not that it matters in BF:BC 2, since they're out.
2. Clearly, you either have zero tolerance for a bad room or you haven't played the game seriously. If you did, you'd know that good rooms are a pretty common occurance. Especially in Rush mode, teamwork comes as naturally as breathing, as soon as you know its ins and outs.
Coombs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Coombs

BF:BC was kinda fail,
So I would expect nothing less from BC2

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Seppli
@Cruncha_Munch said:

" Anther thing that already bothers me and this is even Xbox live. Of course no one is talking and trying to do teamwork.  A game like this really needs good teamwork but nope no one. I guess it's better then why playing MW2 you get all these ass wipes screaming skill streak bitches I own you blah blah blah nonsense. "

Clocked in about 6 hours now and had more good rooms than bad rooms - and the bad rooms were due to an overabundance of camping sniper noobs, which fucks up mapbalance and pacing. Such a room goes nowhere.

No annoying VoIP babble yet.
Avatar image for themustachehero
TheMustacheHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By TheMustacheHero
@Jayge said:
" They somehow managed to make a game worse than Bad Company 1, which was worse than 1943, which is an XBLA game. Bit more than "kind of" fail right there. "
Yeah I'm still wondering how they did that too.
You have Bad Company, which was a great game, but could use some improvements.
And then you make a second one that plays like Battlefield: Modern Combat for the 360.
damnboyadvance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#37  Edited By damnboyadvance
@Cruncha_Munch: It fails because of YOUR lag issues?
Three0neFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Three0neFive

Ew, Battlefield on consoles.

I'm having fun with the PC beta. It's definitely no BF2, but it'll do until the next real BF game comes out.

ROFLCOPTER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By ROFLCOPTER

You're a fail. 

Thread closed.

Avatar image for deactivated-590b7522e5236
deactivated-590b7522e5236

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What are you people on? So far i really like it, after i played the demo i sold MW2 to a friend and pre-ordered it

Synchronatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Synchronatic
I've gotta say, it show's real confidence when you end every sentence with a question mark. Sounds to me like an insecure 11-year-old that wants to make friends with all the MW2 fanboys hating on BC2.

That being said I haven't played the game myself so I am unable to judge, however I have heard excellent things from people I know who are in the beta.
pwnasaurus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By pwnasaurus

the game is actually quite good much better than warfare 2 its fun the destruction mechanics work very well and there are a lot of MW2 fan boys in here. i have been playing on the same map for the past well since the beta released and i aint near bored yet trust me this games gonna own.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#43  Edited By jakob187

I really don't understand how people are hating this game.  The demo alone was goddamn incredible, and I can't wait to finally get the final game in my hands. 

Also, people...please quit comparing BC2 to fucking MW2.  They are two VERY different kind of games, and trying to COMPARE the two of them as some form of apples to apples situation simply makes you look stupid as fuck. 

As for the whole "can't go prone" thing...yeah, it pisses me off...but then again, if I were in an environment where everything can be destroyed...and there are UAV drones flying around shooting people down...and tanks throwing shells everywhere...and noob tubes going off...and grenades... 

What I'm saying is this:  it's odd not having prone there, but it's pointless to have it in the game when you've going to be on the move more than anything else in the game.  Get used to combat sniping for once. 

The ONLY thing I'm pissed about is the fact that you can still destroy the crates with explosives.  This encourages people to sit back away from everyone and just collapse buildings with a tank or RPGs.  This is stupid and should be changed immediately.  Force people to actually do some work.  It was one of the only two issues I had with the first Bad Company (the second being that there was no toggle for sprinting).

Jadeskye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#44  Edited By Jadeskye

playing the beta on PC at the moment. I'm extremely stoked about it.

pepsipat1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By pepsipat1

I found the first games shooting to be a little loose. Havent played it yet but it looks like they fixed it.
Pinkshley1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Pinkshley1

I'm certainly seeing hit detection issues, not just with me but all players in a match. There are still some things to iron out, but in all I can't agree its WORSE than BFBC 1. Also, I just left a match after 27 kill streak, so maybe I'm just partial toward it right now.

Gabriel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#47  Edited By Gabriel

It's no fail, but it doesn't deserve the amount of hype it's getting i guess I'm one of those Cinnamon toast crunch Adults I just don't get it.

MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By MrKlorox

Can we get this thread moved to the BC2 forum? It will get a much better denouncing there.

aerious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By aerious

Love the demo, the shooting feels great, using back to mark enemies makes it easier to team up on them and overall just feels awesome to play. Can't wait.

VisariLoyalist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By VisariLoyalist

You've just been playing to much modern warfare, you'll get over it.