• 77 results
#1 Posted by pinner458 (564 posts) -

Any word on this happening this year?

#2 Posted by McGhee (6094 posts) -

Someone asked Jeff on Tumblr and he said no.

#4 Posted by Nightriff (4866 posts) -
#5 Posted by RazielCuts (2909 posts) -

@mcghee: Pix or it didn't happen.

#6 Posted by Bocam (3668 posts) -
#8 Posted by Bocam (3668 posts) -
#9 Posted by pinner458 (564 posts) -

Hmmm, weird.

#10 Posted by RazielCuts (2909 posts) -

It's weird to me that 'like' is so prominent in social networking sites. I guess it promotes positivity and doesn't allow negativity but sometimes y'know, you just want to acknowledge something and you don't necessarily 'like' it.

#11 Edited by BisonHero (6051 posts) -

Yeah, even if Jeff hadn't gone on record, c'mon. If it was going to happen, they would've been promoting it, like, at all. They haven't said a peep about it, and if it were on the same day as usual, it would be in 4 days. You could tell.

#12 Posted by ripelivejam (3459 posts) -

i think they could have still done it but yeah it was pretty much ryan dominated and would probably feel a little more awkward/strange than carrying on the bombcast or other live shows. i'm pretty sure they're conceiving something or other to take its place (THE RAID?????)

#14 Edited by Bane122 (783 posts) -

I wonder if the BLLSL is just done. Last year's, while still fun, just didn't live up to the previous two for me. Not having all the other Whiskey sites there hurt it.

I hope I'm wrong and next year we get a kick ass show but I imagine that's going to be hard to plan with them losing all the people from the office.

#15 Posted by ShaggE (6292 posts) -

Honestly, good. The third felt kinda forced, and now with Ryan gone...

I do want another BLLSL, but not this year.

#16 Edited by slyspider (1133 posts) -

I would rather THE RAID (caps lock are part of the name) to take its place.

#17 Edited by GreggD (4475 posts) -

It's weird to me that 'like' is so prominent in social networking sites. I guess it promotes positivity and doesn't allow negativity but sometimes y'know, you just want to acknowledge something and you don't necessarily 'like' it.

That's when you share it, and then add your own words to explain why you don't like it.

#18 Posted by DrDarkStryfe (1079 posts) -

One thing that started to become apparent is that Ryan looked like the guy that was running around and setting these things up. It is tough to lose "that guy" all of a sudden because that is a talant that is hard to have around.

#19 Posted by Bane122 (783 posts) -

Yes. Please and thank you.

Also, I accidentally hit flag when going for quote. I hit flag again, does that undo it? If not, sorry.

#21 Posted by Excast (784 posts) -

It feels kind of weird to say this, but I don't think I ever gave Ryan enough credit in my mind for keeping the Giantbomb content flowing. It does seem like he was sort of the spearhead for things that have sort of become synonymous with GB like TNT and the BLLSL.

And really, I guess it would be sort of hard to expect them to do a show with an in house team that is roughly have the size it was like 6 months ago.

#22 Posted by Fattony12000 (6956 posts) -

I would take a 24 hour charity Giant Bombcast instead. Everyone pester Jeff and the team about it please.

#23 Posted by fuzzybunny566 (448 posts) -

I would take a 24 hour charity Giant Bombcast instead. Everyone pester Jeff and the team about it please.

24-hour endurance run of Test Drive: Le Mans for the PSOne!

#24 Posted by Nekroskop (2786 posts) -

There's still Octoberfest over at Tested.

#25 Edited by pinner458 (564 posts) -

@fattony12000 said:

I totally forgot Vinny said he wanted to do a 24 hour drive marathon thing. I think he'll totally do that.

#26 Posted by FadedOasis (61 posts) -

Kinda bummed that there isn't going to be a BLLSL this year. Also kinda bummed that they're not showing any signs of starting up TNTs again, there haven't been any recent Jar times, Flight Club's pretty much dead, and Random PC Game is nowhere to be found.

I don't even know if I'm going to resubscribe this year. One Unprofessional Friday a week doesn't seem worth the money to me, and I don't really care about wrestling or movies enough to want the premium podcasts. (Isn't this a website about video games?)

#27 Edited by wjb (1621 posts) -

If Drew and Vinny are manning the boards, then that leaves Jeff, Brad, and Matt. Maybe Alexis. Maybe Tony (it's kind of weird how Tony is still in the same office, by the way; he used to interact with GB on camera a lot more in the Whiskey days). Not enough dudes, unfortunately.

I really miss the Whiskey Media days.

#28 Edited by FadedOasis (61 posts) -

I think this quote fits.

Giant Bomb is an awesome site, and you guys have to keep it awesome, and when you get put in a building full of suits, there is the potential for things to become less awesome. So it's on you guys to hold these guys to their current level of Giant Bomb. It's on you. The moment that they waver, you call them out on it, you call them loudly.

- Rich Gallup, April 7th 2012, Giant Bomb Panel at Pax East 2012.

Hey @jeff, @brad, @vinny, @drewbert, @rorie. I know it sucks that Ryan's gone, but it's been three months. Now that PAX is over, please step up the content. The yearly subscriptions run out in just over three weeks for all the people who signed up for yearlies during the first Big Live Live Show. I'm personally not asking for much, just make something more than UPF.

#29 Posted by ripelivejam (3459 posts) -

tbh i'm surprised they regrouped as much as they did after losing Ryan, and i think Scoops is doing a bang-up job holding up his end of the content over in the windy apple. i'm thinking there's major changeups and additions that will be happening in the somewhat near future, but i think everything's still a touch too raw to implement those at this time.

i know things are rough, but at the same time i'm really tired of all the doom/gloom/naysaying. there's still a bunch of awesome duders at the office and working for the site, and i have a ton of faith in them all. i'm pretty much someone that will still be paying my subscription even if they just did the bombcast (in its current incarnation/quality with the current guys), so for me it'd probably take everyone leaving and/or substantial drops in quality before i completely give up on them. guess that's neither here nor there, but for the past year and change i've fallen in love with this place, so i've got faith of the heart. :)

#31 Posted by Littleg (66 posts) -

@bane122 said:

I wonder if the BLLSL is just done. Last year's, while still fun, just didn't live up to the previous two for me. Not having all the other Whiskey sites there hurt it.

That's interesting, because I actually enjoyed the last BLLSL the most. Largely because I simply don't care about Comics, so used to just zone out when those bits came on. I do miss the Tested guys, though. I do watch the odd one or two of their podcasts (particularly the Dads-casts), but other than that I have enough websites in my life...

#32 Posted by Castiel (2520 posts) -

@bane122 said:

@slyspider said:

Yes. Please and thank you.

Also, I accidentally hit flag when going for quote. I hit flag again, does that undo it? If not, sorry.

You just double snitched him you NARC!

#33 Posted by Castiel (2520 posts) -

To me it's fine is they don't do another BLLSL. I loved the two first ones, by the third it started to become a bit worn out, and Ryan was basically the host of the show so it would feel a bit weird if someone tried to step into his shoes, especially this soon.

Besides Unprofessional Fridays is basically BLLSL in 2 hours.

#34 Posted by Venatio (4483 posts) -

The thing I'm wondering about is, is TNT gone forever?

#36 Posted by GunsAreDrawn (308 posts) -

I think we're better off with out it. Last year's show kind of sucked because it went on for too long and a lot of it was just stuff we would normally see as individual videos.

#37 Posted by Marokai (2787 posts) -

@fadedoasis said:

I think this quote fits.

Giant Bomb is an awesome site, and you guys have to keep it awesome, and when you get put in a building full of suits, there is the potential for things to become less awesome. So it's on you guys to hold these guys to their current level of Giant Bomb. It's on you. The moment that they waver, you call them out on it, you call them loudly.

That is an exceptional quote.

#38 Posted by TruthTellah (8409 posts) -

I think they can do better with trying to do something else. I hope they attempt to do a big live show like that again, but it's understandable that they'd see it as very unlikely after the loss of Ryan. They're just going to have to come up with something even better that they can handle, and I'm confident they'll figure something out.

#39 Posted by TheManWithNoPlan (5128 posts) -

Hmm, that's too bad, but understandable. I'll just go and watch last years again.

#40 Posted by Fattony12000 (6956 posts) -

There's still Octoberfest over at Tested.

It'sOCTOBERKAST. Ya doof. And that's Tested. We're talking about Giant Bomb. A website. About...

#41 Edited by Ravelle (1169 posts) -

@venatio said:

TNT became sort of unprofessional Fridays because they stopped playing with the community a while ago, then UPF became a thing and the two merged with them playing random games and newer releases. There's also New Releases Show they did once or twice, I wonder if they'll do that this two months since the releases are crazy.

#42 Posted by Abendlaender (2734 posts) -

@ravelle said:

@venatio said:

TNT became sort of unprofessional Fridays because they stopped playing with the community a while ago, then UPF became a thing and the two merged with them playing random games and newer releases. There's also New Releases Show they did once or twice, I wonder if they'll do that this two months since the releases are crazy.

I think they stopped doing that cause everybody comlained about it on the forums.

#43 Posted by Christoffer (1742 posts) -

Big Live Live Le Mans? I'm not into motorcars at all but I'm definitely down with this

(is car combat, right?)

#44 Edited by Winsord (1149 posts) -

@fuzzybunny566 said:

@fattony12000 said:

For as much as I loved the BBLSL, I don't think there's much that could top them actually going through with a 24 hour endurance race. I wonder who would end up being on that team though. I'd imagine Vinny, Drew and Alexis to start (assuming Drew and Alexis were willing to do this instead of a new Halo marathon), but how many other crew members could they wrangle into that insanity?

#45 Posted by Petiew (1322 posts) -

I didn't even realise there was a BLLSL last year. I thought they'd stopped after the 2nd and the move away from Whiskey Media.

#46 Posted by jimmyfenix (3811 posts) -

@petiew: it was great. Alexis tackled the 100 nuggets challange. Drew proved to be a master bowman. Dave dressed like roddy piper and brad completed the mile high club challenge on the hardest difficulty in call of duty 4.

#47 Edited by ProfessorEss (7254 posts) -

@marokai said:

@fadedoasis said:

I think this quote fits.

That is an exceptional quote.

It's a cool quote but it's not very meaningful when the staff of this and every other site on the internet automatically shrugs off all criticism as "standard-issue anonymous internet troll hate".

#48 Posted by Boboblaw (269 posts) -

I think they will come back and do a BLLSL next year or at least some similar big event/show. The reason is that they get so many subscribers and shirt sales from that one day also because so many people have their subscription run out around the BLLSL.

Also really hope they bring TNT back, lack of content is a downer.

#49 Posted by Boboblaw (269 posts) -

I think they will come back and do a BLLSL next year or at least some similar big event/show. The reason is that they get so many subscribers and shirt sales from that one day also because so many people have their subscription run out around the BLLSL.

Also really hope they bring TNT back, lack of content is a downer.

#50 Edited by megalowho (955 posts) -
@truthtellah said:

I think they can do better with trying to do something else. I hope they attempt to do a big live show like that again, but it's understandable that they'd see it as very unlikely after the loss of Ryan. They're just going to have to come up with something even better that they can handle, and I'm confident they'll figure something out.

I agree. And with two new consoles launching, I'd be willing to bet we'll have multiple all day live streams in the near future anyway. That, coupled with Ryan's passing (and the concept itself getting a bit stale IMO) makes the decision understandable.

And on that note, can't agree with rumblings that they need to "step it up." Not that I want less videos or anything, but lately I've had a big backlog of Giant Bomb stuff to pour over on weekends because I can't keep up with everything they've been putting out. Maybe I've just been busy at work, maybe it's all relative, but as far as I'm concerned it's been all good on that front.