Avatar image for rollingzeppelin
rollingzeppelin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By rollingzeppelin

Not trying to advertise, I don't have any affiliation with the site, just wanted to give a heads up for the penny pinchers (that includes me) on here. gamersgate.com is having a big sale on all the games in the Dragon Age franchise for 48 hours. I think I might pick up DA2 since it's only $6 just so I can see what all the hubbub was about.

DA:I is also selling for 20% off which is enticing but my computer isn't quite up to par to take advantage of all the Xtream grafixx of this fancy new generation so I might wait until I upgrade my vidja card and try to get it on (asteam) an Origin sale.

Are any duders going to jump in on some of these deals?

Link: http://www.gamersgate.com/games?prio=relevance&q=dragon10th&aff=ggnews

brandondryrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rollingzeppelin: DA:I isn't on Steam, so you'll have to wait for an Origin sale! Yes, those do exist, just not as often as Steam sales.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By Corevi

I already have all 3 DA games but just here to say that the Ultimate Edition of DA:O is worth the extra bit over just the base game. The smaller DLCs are pretty good and Awakening is fantastic.

rollingzeppelin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@brandondryrock: AH I totally forgot about Origin! Hmm, do you think it would be better to hop on this now or do you think an Origin sale for better than 20% might happen in the next 6 months?

Dave_Tacitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Dave_Tacitus

Try looking for a sale on the disc version. It should install with Origin much the same way Steamworks games on disc are basically a serial and a Steam install. A quick look at Amazon UK shows the disc version is a fiver cheaper than the download, and that's without a sale.

gamefreak9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Oh man is inquisition never gonna be on steam?

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh man is inquisition never gonna be on steam?

Not unless Origin explodes. No EA games since DA2 (which was taken down from Steam when Origin launched) have been released on any other distribution service.

hassun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

brandondryrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hassun: Bioware points? Is that another term for Bioware games, or is that an actual thing?

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

They really gotta change that name.

Dragon Age: Origins Ultimate Edition for 9 bucks is about as good a deal as you can possibly get. If you haven't played that game, you really really should.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#11  Edited By mike

@milkman said:

Dragon Age: Origins Ultimate Edition for 9 bucks is about as good a deal as you can possibly get. If you haven't played that game, you really really should.

Amazon has had it for $7.50 before. Gamestop digital download was $5.99 in December around the time of the Steam sale. When I got it, I bought it on Origin for $9.99, and that was two years ago. Anything around $10 or less is still a good deal though.

pcorb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

rollingzeppelin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By rollingzeppelin

@dave_tacitus: No sale on Amazon in Canada, they have an option for $50 but its $10 shipping! One of the retailers is selling it for $91! Do they think people are that stupid? Oh but it's FREE shipping, ha!

@corevi: Ooh I might get Awakening since I already have DA:O. Can't remember much of the story from the vanilla game, do you think that will retract much from Awakening?

discomposure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@corevi: Ooh I might get Awakening since I already have DA:O. Can't remember much of the story from the vanilla game, do you think that will retract much from Awakening?

Awakening is pretty standalone. It's set in a new area a few months after the first game ends & you can import your warden from the main game or start with a new one, there are some returning characters and references to the main game but I don't think not having played origins in a while should detract from your experience (assuming you remember the basics, like what grey wardens/darkspawn are)

Dragon Age origins is my favourite game and Awakening is great, I'd also recommend considering getting the smaller DLCs as well if you're ever going to replay origins - particularly The Stone Prisoner, Return to Ostagar and Warden's Keep.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By ripelivejam

#itsreallyaboutethicsingamepricing

brandondryrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pcorb: I just looked it up. I had never heard of Bioware points. That is so weird.

doctordonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Those guys should really add a subtitle to their company name. Something like, Gamersgate: no, not that twitter thing.

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 45

That's a pretty good deal. But there's no need to rush out and get these now if you don't want to. . The DA games fortunately are on sale frequently. I actually picked up an extra copy of DA:O for free on Origin last fall. Still at those at those prices it's hard to go wrong

I use isthereanydeal.com , which keeps track of historical sale prices on digital games. It's a pretty handy tool to stay disciplined about getting a good price on a game and a useful decision tool in a situation like this. (is this a good price or not? that sort of thing)

Bioware points are the worst video game currency ever invented. Those things are never, never on sale.

Avatar image for royce_mccutcheon
Royce_McCutcheon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@milkman said:

Michael Bolton: Well, at least your name isn't Michael Bolton.

Samir Nagheenanajar: You know, there is nothing wrong with that name.

Michael Bolton: No, there was nothing wrong with it, until I was about 12 years old and that no talent ass-clown became famous and started winning Grammys.

Samir Nagheenanajar: Why don't you just go by Mike instead of Michael.

Michael Bolton: No way, why should I change? He's the one who sucks.

rollingzeppelin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rollingzeppelin said:

Awakening is pretty standalone. It's set in a new area a few months after the first game ends & you can import your warden from the main game or start with a new one, there are some returning characters and references to the main game but I don't think not having played origins in a while should detract from your experience (assuming you remember the basics, like what grey wardens/darkspawn are)

Dragon Age origins is my favourite game and Awakening is great, I'd also recommend considering getting the smaller DLCs as well if you're ever going to replay origins - particularly The Stone Prisoner, Return to Ostagar and Warden's Keep.

Ok, cool. Is Shale not in the game unless you have The Stone Prisoner? If not then I probably played a version with that installed.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ok, cool. Is Shale not in the game unless you have The Stone Prisoner? If not then I probably played a version with that installed.

That is correct. Stone Prisoner was the preorder/new copy DLC since there was no online component to have an online pass to.

rollingzeppelin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By rollingzeppelin

Ah I was just about to buy Awakening but the sale is over, shit!