Biggest Gaming Shame?

• 140 results
poisonjam7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 27

I've never completed a Metroid game, and I've only finished one of each from the Zelda, Mario and Final Fantasy series - but I'm not really ashamed of any of that. My biggest shame that I can think of is that I've never completed the main story in Oblivion, Skyrim, Fallout 3 and New Vegas - despite that fact that I love those games to death.

Morrowind is my FGOAT (favorite game of all time) and that was the last Elder Scrolls game that I completed the main story missions for. Granted, I've put in many, many hours into all of those games doing side missions and such, but I've never felt the need to do the main missions for some reason. I came really close in Skyrim and Fallout 3, but invariable I get distracted with something else and never finish.

Honkalot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

I have cheated in online chess by having my Kasparov chess computer deciding moves for me.

HH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#103  Edited By HH

finishing Assassin's Creed 2. i wasn't enjoying it at all. why did i finish it? WHY? IT'S a LIE! i wish i could give those trophies back.

actually i wish i could delete loads of stuff from my trophies list, all that 0 - 5% completion stuff that i regret paying for. the whole thing would be a lot more satisfying to look at.

hermes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

I only beat Super Mario 3 and any Mega Man game by using cheat codes.

Every time I play through X-Com, I stop right when they introduce the Chryssalids...

civid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Everytime I watch or play anything older than the 16-bit era I cringe and cannot believe anyone would ever find that even mildly entertaining. It's not something I'm proud of. I never played Majoras Mask, Conkers Bad Fur Day or Banjo Tooie and I know I never will, something I'm deeply shameful of.

LisaTiffany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Never played a pc game, yeah console only so I'm missing out on a lot of really good titles.

Chuwero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I preordered Brink at full price.

Ezekiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By Ezekiel

@chuwero said:

That reminds me, I preordered The Evil Within for 65 dollars with the season pass. While it was still a good game that put all the Resident Evils after 4 to shame, it certainly wasn't worth that much, and no DLC has been released yet, although judging by the recently added achievements it's coming very soon. I could have waited a short while and bought it at 66 percent off.

Shaka999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By Shaka999

Sonic the Hedgehog 2 is one of the first games I've ever owned (since I was like 3) and I still haven't beaten it. I haven't tried in at least a decade, but that's something I've been ashamed of for awhile.

poisonjam7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 27

#110  Edited By poisonjam7

@hh said:

actually i wish i could delete loads of stuff from my trophies list, all that 0 - 5% completion stuff that i regret paying for. the whole thing would be a lot more satisfying to look at.

Me too!! At least on XBL you can remove games that have 0 achievements. Come on Sony, throw us a bone!

LisaTiffany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chuwero said:

This happened with RAGE, full price and the next day it was half price. I think I got Brink for about 10 euro's and still don't think it was worth the price. Actually add Homefront to the list too, full price and finished in about 2hr's.

extintor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 23

I am ranked number 10 in the world at Don Bradman 2014 and I've probably played it for over 200 hrs.

Avatar image for giantlizardking
GiantLizardKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The entire library of PS3 exclusives :( maybe a PlaystaionTV with PSNow will fix that? Don't need a PS4 and don't want another last gen console.

xhaktmtjdnf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've only ever finished Super Mario Bros not any of the sequels(it's a lie I finished one of the DS games) and I've never finished a Mega Man or Zelda game. Now you know my gaming shame are you happy internet?

Svenzon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 21

After replaying Resident Evil 2 for the 3rd time last night, I realised I've never finished Resident Evil 3. Does that actually count as a gaming shame or is that game skippable? Can't remember much about the first two hours or so beyond getting chased by Nemesis and watching Brad Vickers die.

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

The first strictly side-scrolling Mario game that I played to completion was New Super Mario Bros U, and that was last year. The only other one I've completed was the Luigi expansion or whatever for that game.

I've also never beaten A Link to the Past, but at least I'm working on that one.

Oh, I've never played a Final Fantasy game before. But if Fifteen is good, I'll probably play that one.

Svenzon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 21

I've also never beaten A Link to the Past, but at least I'm working on that one.

Oh, thanks for reminding me. I've never beaten that game either. I should get back to it.

Avatar image for chumley_marchbanks
chumley_marchbanks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Despite having played all twelve main series singleplayer Final Fantasy games, I have only successfully completed I (the PSP remake) and VII. I came close to finishing V, IX, and X, but just couldn't hold on until the end. Maybe one day I'll get around to playing through more of them.

Fallen189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By Fallen189

I actually kind of hate videogames. I find them tedious, and boring, and until recently, I only used them as a form of escapism until I started to redefine my life with my main focus not being a "gamer". I think that's shameful because I've spent 25+ years playing them. Life is funny

bceagles128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#121  Edited By bceagles128

I bought a ps4 at launch and to this day, I still play my ps3 more often

flameboy84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Never beaten a JRPG.....whilst I've beaten games in that style (Costume Quest and Child of Light) or more action focused like Crisis Core. I've never actually beaten a genuine JRPG, got plenty Final Fantasy 1,2, one of the DS Dragon Quests, Star Ocean on PSP to name a few...Pokemon Black (that counts right?)

I either get stuck, hate the grind or decide I just outright hate the mechanics as they get more complicated.

Wait I finished Dragon Quest Joker does that count?

bmccann42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By bmccann42

Never owned a single Nintendo platform, so have actually never played any of the following: Metroid (all), Dragon Quest (all), any Mario game past 3 (and that was from playing occasionally at a friend's place), no Starfox, no Kirby, no Metal Gear, no Mario Party, and have only played, but never finished, the Legend of Zelda and a Link Between Worlds.

Other pieces of shame: never played Half Life, Portal 2, Indgo Prophecies, Maniac Mansion, Grim Fandango, Streets of Rage, DOTA, League of Legends, most anything on systems between the Genesis and the PS2, minus Goldeneye during University.

Pretty much missed out on just about every Nintendo first party game from the NES through to the Wii U.

Burt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Never owned a single Nintendo platform, so have actually never played any of the following: Metroid (all), Dragon Quest (all), any Mario game past 3 (and that was from playing occasionally at a friend's place), no Starfox, no Kirby, no Metal Gear, no Mario Party, and have only played, but never finished, the Legend of Zelda and a Link Between Worlds.

Other pieces of shame: never played Half Life, Portal 2, Indgo Prophecies, Maniac Mansion, Grim Fandango, Streets of Rage, DOTA, League of Legends, most anything on systems between the Genesis and the PS2, minus Goldeneye during University.

Pretty much missed out on just about every Nintendo first party game from the NES through to the Wii U.

I was just going to post exactly the same, never owned a Nintendo console although I am seriously thinking about picking up a Wii u for bayo 2.

I'm still waiting for the pro controller and no gamepad sku, which I think is a pretty long shot.

bmccann42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

boysef

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Buying mercenaries 2 day one despite reading the terrible press, paying my roommate in college to borrow his car to buy it, and finally playing that game to completion... THE PAST SUCKS

gatehouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have never owned a Nintendo console. Not even a handheld. I played the Mario Galaxies and Twilight Princess on my flatmate's Wii at uni, but that's about all of the hallowed Nintendo franchises I've ever played.

PerryVandell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 8

I haven't played Super Mario World.

KikkomanSA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I spend more time shopping for games than I do playing them. My Steam backlog is beyond manageable. I've returned games to Gamestop before even trying them out. I've bought a version of pretty much every generation of Pokemon, and have only beaten Red on the original Game Boy. I don't think I've ever gotten more than 4 badges in any of the other ones.

One of my New Year's resolutions is to buy no more than 6 games for myself this year. The fact that I find myself struggling with this resolution is super shameful.

Burt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130  Edited By Burt

I am ranked number 10 in the world at Don Bradman 2014 and I've probably played it for over 200 hrs.

That is nothing to be shameful about, that's awesome. So the Don Bradman online community is thriving ??

Osaladin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131  Edited By Osaladin

I bought Destiny.

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

I have NO shame when it come to video games!

Loading Video...

TechHits

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

I barely play games any more

Grimace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Not so much a "shame" as it's more of a weird personal gaming lineage, I was still playing the Mega Drive as my only console until mid-1998.

Even weirder that when I got an N64 I chose NBA Hangtime as my first game. A fun and still playable game - but what was I thinking?

FacelessVixen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I bought Final Fantasy XIII.

...again.

Avatar image for deactivated-57d3a53d23027
deactivated-57d3a53d23027

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

I couldn't beat the second boss in Dark Souls 2.

EchoForge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

Never finished Ocarina of Time.

In fact, the only Zelda game I played through was Wind Waker, and only because of the amazing graphics.

The Zelda games aren't really my bag (yes, I'm the one).

Avatar image for deactivated-62a216db3532b
deactivated-62a216db3532b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thinking that the power glove was going to work like it did in the wizard. I fucking hate that movie.

wwfundertaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 25

Having not played any Zelda games but that will be sorted out soon. I bought Ocarina of time, Majora's Mask for the 3ds and when my New 3ds arrives on Friday its going to be a great weekend.

Wacomole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

The only Mario game I've ever played is the original Donkey Kong in the arcades and on a Game & Watch. There. I said it!

I almost got to own Mario Cart 64 but my bag containing it was stolen from the back of an O.B. truck before I could get it home.

I too have also never played a Zelda or a Metroid game, but I can't say that any of the above omissions to my gaming repertoire have caused me any kind of grief.

My gaming licence, though, is already in the post back to the relevant Authorities.

JayPB08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

Legitimately enjoying all those Harry Potter games, even though I'll always defend Order of the Phoenix as the greatest movie video game of all-time...even though that may not mean much

aidros

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gaming Shames: I buy every Halo Legendary Edition, no matter the quality of the game. Also, I've never beaten the Original Super Mario Bros.