• 172 results
#1 Posted by SamFo (1530 posts) -

Hey guys,

What is the XBLA or PSN download you most regret dropping the money on.

I know alot of people bought Street Fighter II Hyper Fighting and didn't like that, or maybe spent the 1200 pts on Braid or Limbo and just didn't 'get it'.

Everybody must have at least one XBLA or PSN title that they wish they could just get a refund for and move on with - what is yours?

For mine it would have to be N+... I don't know why I spent the $10 on it. I got the demo, and it was fun, but I probably played the demo for longer than I have played the full game!

#2 Posted by uvschism (45 posts) -

Carcassonne probably tops the list for me, but I've made plenty of bad purchasing decisions in XBLA.

#3 Posted by nail1080 (1975 posts) -

MNC!

#4 Posted by Landon (4149 posts) -

Turtles in Time Reshelled. It's awful.

#5 Posted by l4wd0g (1959 posts) -

I'm torn between Limbo and Comic Jumper. Limbo was way too much for what is was, and Comic Jumper was funny, but lacked good gameplay.

#6 Posted by SamFo (1530 posts) -

I almost forgot, did anyone here actually purchase Fable 2 pub games?! Certainly that would top someones list!!!

I also must admit, for SOME reason, i bought the kameo deck for uno... No idea why, i never played it. I never even played kameo?

#7 Posted by Hunkulese (2748 posts) -

Comic Jumper. I think I made it to the second or third crappy railshooter part and the game glitched on me twice and I was more than happy to never play it again.

#8 Posted by Zacagawea (1596 posts) -

I really regret getting Castle Crashers and ilomilo. They aren't bad but I get no enjoyment at all from them.

#9 Posted by SammydesinasNL (840 posts) -

Trials HD and 'Splosion man. 

Bought both at full price and got stuck fairly early on in both of them.

#10 Posted by JJOR64 (19003 posts) -
@Landon said:
I'm with you on that one.  Such a horrible remake of a arcade classic.  They should have just ported the game over.
#11 Posted by RustySpoon (143 posts) -

Comic Jumper. Everything about that game was great except for the parts where you actually had to play it.

#12 Posted by Icicle7x3 (1182 posts) -

Yaris

yeah I know it was free.

#13 Posted by supermike6 (3566 posts) -

Probably Defense Grid. I never get very far in that game. I think it was discounted when I bought it though.

#14 Posted by blueaniman93 (604 posts) -

Cell Factor: Psychkinetic Wars

Hey, it looked fun.

#15 Posted by zyn (2591 posts) -

Castle Crashers.

#16 Posted by T0mF5 (929 posts) -

Peggle

#17 Posted by Panpipe (474 posts) -

Chime.

At least some of the money went to charity. Pretty sure I'll never buy another "shape puzzle" game ever again. Never even liked Tetris.

#18 Posted by ThePhantomnaut (6197 posts) -

NOTHING. I was wise.

However I got an advance code for Hydrophobia for free and that was bad.

#19 Posted by Xpgamer7 (2382 posts) -

Turtles in Time. I wanted it to be good so badly but it wasn't. Just didn't have the charm it once did.

#20 Posted by SuperSambo (2868 posts) -

This is why I love the arcade, the price is low enough to not regret buying something you dislike.

Although, I would say Go-Go-Break Steady. I really liked the trial, but then it got old fast... I don't regret it, just think im never going to play it again.

#21 Posted by DougQuaid (1274 posts) -

D&D Daggerdale. 

It has yet to be patched once and the only word from Atari seems to be "we're working on it." It's insane that this game was even allowed to be put on XBLA.

#22 Posted by 234r2we232 (3181 posts) -
@Hunkulese said:

Comic Jumper. I think I made it to the second or third crappy railshooter part and the game glitched on me twice and I was more than happy to never play it again.

Same, except I was dumb enough to finish it :( :(
#23 Posted by Rudeboy217 (1769 posts) -

@Landon said:

This piece of shit and I even bought it on sale when it was two bucks.

#24 Posted by ShaggE (6479 posts) -

Serious Sam HD: TSE (controller + Serious Sam = serious disappointment) 

Space Invaders: Infinity Gene (the trial made it look awesome, and it was... for an hour or so) 

Bomberman Live (AWFUL online experience) 

Small Arms (...ugh)

#25 Posted by BulletproofMonk (2722 posts) -

Trine.  

God that game was boring.

#26 Edited by Portis (1287 posts) -

Beyond Good and Evil HD.

After all the positive nostalgia I saw people throwing around, I decided to pick it up. I really wanted to like that game, but about an hour in I realized that I just did not give a fuck, and was never going to play it again.

I don't think the game is terrible, but man it just wasn't clicking with me.

@ShaggE said:

Small Arms (...ugh)

:(

#27 Posted by AjayRaz (12431 posts) -
@JJOR64 said:
@Landon said:
I'm with you on that one.  Such a horrible remake of a arcade classic.  They should have just ported the game over.
didn't they already do that though? on XBLA anyway 
#28 Posted by Mahonay (829 posts) -

Daggerdale. Bought it under drunk peer pressure.

#29 Posted by WilliamHenry (1204 posts) -

@Landon said:

#30 Posted by Mahonay (829 posts) -

@AjayRaz said:

@JJOR64 said:
@Landon said:
I'm with you on that one. Such a horrible remake of a arcade classic. They should have just ported the game over.

Yes. I have it.

#31 Posted by Bulby33 (595 posts) -

'Splosion Man for me. Heaping pile of shit.

#32 Posted by craigbo180 (1739 posts) -

I buy loads of XBLA games so perhaps some of the unplayed titles I have, I brought the whole sonic collection and barely played the first game, I have both monkey island games and haven't played them yet. I have countless others I have only loaded up once or have never played I am slowly but surely going through my collection though, trying to S-rank as many as I can, gotta get my Ms. Splosion Man on tomorrow though.

#33 Posted by OneKillWonder_ (1759 posts) -

I dunno...Serious Sam TSE maybe? I got to the part where you bounce around the walls in a room filled with enemies. It's fairly early in the game and pretty much impossible, and I don't really care to try it again any time soon. Luckily I bought it on sale during the holidays.

I kind of hated playing a lot of Comic Jumper, but strangely I don't regret buying it at all. I'm not denying that it has some truly rotten gameplay and awful desgin choices, but it's one of the funniest games I've ever played and I got a certain amount of enjoyment out of it that made it barely worth it.

#34 Edited by SteamPunkJin (1286 posts) -

Just picked up Stacking on sale and I gotta say it's just not very fun. It's neat, it's funny, I dig the art style, but it's not fun.

#35 Posted by onimonkii (2446 posts) -

mr. driller online

my favorite part was when the online didn't work

#36 Posted by Cold_Wolven (2227 posts) -

Perhaps Small Arms and Rush'n Attack, games I never play or consider fun.

#37 Posted by Marino (4715 posts) -

Hexic 2 I guess. I spent countless hours playing the first one, but the second one just didn't do anything for me.

Staff
#38 Posted by SomeJerk (3263 posts) -

I did not spend a single penny on Streets of Rage 2 for PS3 but I felt ripped off like you wouldn't believe.

The people behind that piece of shit emulation should not have been allowed to make it. The emulation was better on a fucking Nokia N-Gage. 100% serious about that.

#39 Posted by Aleryn (704 posts) -

Metal Slug 3.  Or was it X?  I bought it for the multi-player, but regardless of the connection, the engine always has terrible network lag in co op.  

#40 Posted by WilliamHenry (1204 posts) -

@Mahonay said:

@AjayRaz said:

@JJOR64 said:
@Landon said:
I'm with you on that one. Such a horrible remake of a arcade classic. They should have just ported the game over.

Yes. I have it.

No, they ported the original arcade game, not Turtles In Time.

#41 Posted by Cloudenvy (5891 posts) -

Castle Crashers.

#42 Posted by ScrubSaibot (1 posts) -

I'm surprised no one has mentioned that awful port of Street Fighter 2 Turbo Hyper Fighting.

#43 Posted by TooWalrus (13220 posts) -

I'll go with the opposite! I totally regret NOT buying Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 when I had the chance. Same with Smash TV and a few of the other un-buyable titles now.

#44 Posted by RecSpec (3829 posts) -

Puzzle Quest Galactrix. The only time where I've actually wanted my money back.

#45 Posted by WickedFather (1733 posts) -

Lara Croft and the Isometric Calamity.  1200 points and it's absolutely funless.  I got it in the summer of arcade buy two for 1200 and get 800 back so you could say it was only 800, still a titanic waste when compared to something amazing like 'Splosion Man.

#46 Posted by bkbroiler (1630 posts) -

The Scott Pilgrim game. For some reason I thought I would be interested in a brawler, but boy was I not. It's hard (for me), and there is no online co-op. Boo!

#47 Posted by tourgen (4518 posts) -

Galaga Legions - the first one, not DX

#48 Posted by Mahonay (829 posts) -

@DivineCC said:

@Mahonay said:

@AjayRaz said:

@JJOR64 said:
@Landon said:

Yes. I have it.

No, they ported the original arcade game, not Turtles In Time.

Crap, yeah I didn't understand what they were asking.

#49 Posted by Slaker117 (4842 posts) -

I don't regret it because I'm glad I played it for context, but I didn't find Limbo all that memorable. It was a neat idea, but just an ok overall experience.

#50 Posted by RE_Player1 (7561 posts) -

Turtle in Time Reshelled and X-Men arcade. Old beat em up games don't hold up today.