#1 Posted by TheHBK (5458 posts) -

We are approaching another Black Friday folks. 1 week after the Xbox One launch and 2 weeks after the PS4. But today there has been a leak for the ad GameStop is putting out, more than a month away. Some good stuff.

  • Zelda 3DS XL bundle and a Regular 3DS Luigis Mansion bundle.
  • Battlefield 4 for half price and it's not even out yet!
  • Assassin's Creed 4 for $40
  • Jak and Daxter with a blue PS3 bundle.
  • Ellen Paige's 2 games for $40

And that is all that I find worth mentioning. Here is the link to the ad.

http://blackfriday.com/stores/gamestop/flyers/black-friday

What are your guys' plans, if any for this years black friday? Any strategies you would like to share? I personally only go for the cheaper games, nothing major, but I just love seeing everyone scramble to get those super cheap TVs.

#2 Posted by chiablo (893 posts) -

Jeez... BF4 is half off, CoD: Ghosts is only $10 off. EA's really trying to dethrone CoD with this one.

Online
#3 Posted by Shookems (474 posts) -

Those deals are pretty fucking lousy. I got forza horizon for $15 last year on black friday. Halo 4 was just on sale for $10. The PS3 and 360 deals are okay, and I might nab Ni No Kuni for $15.

I'm mostly just really disappointed that there isn't a discounted 3DS. Hopefully target or Walmart comes through.

#4 Posted by TheHBK (5458 posts) -

@shookems: Generally, GameStop is the worst place for Black Friday deals. Best Buy, Walmart and Target are always better. GameStop annoyingly like to use a lot of that ad space just to advertise regular priced items. First time I have seen something like Battlefield 4 discounted so much there, but that is the kind of deal the other 3 give you. And from my experience, stock on Battlefield doesn't run out fast.

#5 Posted by Demoskinos (14520 posts) -

I looked on Wikipedia of a complete list of everything notable that released this year. Seems I already got every single thing I wanted. I sort of do wish I was more patient but I buy everything I want on day one.

#6 Edited by Istealdreams (148 posts) -

my biggest takeaway:

3months xbox live 14.99

1 Year PS+ 29.99

and Xenoblade and Metroid Trilogy for 39.99

#7 Posted by Turtlebird95 (2284 posts) -

I don't have a GameStop in my town, and none of those offers are enough to warrant the hour or so drive it would take to get to one. So I'm probably going to have the same Black Friday I always do: Relaxing at home and checking Amazon.

#8 Posted by micemoney (127 posts) -

That extra 19 bucks on the Zelda bundle is a real bummer. Hope there's a better deal on that somewhere else.

#9 Posted by JJWeatherman (14555 posts) -

Ellen Page is in another game?

#10 Posted by Demoskinos (14520 posts) -
#11 Posted by jakob187 (21640 posts) -

@thehbk said:

We are approaching another Black Friday folks. 1 week after the Xbox One launch and 2 weeks after the PS4. But today there has been a leak for the ad GameStop is putting out, more than a month away. Some good stuff.

  • Zelda 3DS XL bundle and a Regular 3DS Luigis Mansion bundle.
  • Battlefield 4 for half price and it's not even out yet!
  • Assassin's Creed 4 for $40
  • Jak and Daxter with a blue PS3 bundle.
  • Ellen Paige's 2 games for $40

And that is all that I find worth mentioning. Here is the link to the ad.

http://blackfriday.com/stores/gamestop/flyers/black-friday

What are your guys' plans, if any for this years black friday? Any strategies you would like to share? I personally only go for the cheaper games, nothing major, but I just love seeing everyone scramble to get those super cheap TVs.

OH NO! I'm going to have to start my sweet Black Friday thread way earlier this year! I DON'T WANT TO START YET!

*le sigh* A man's work is never done.

#12 Edited by Shookems (474 posts) -

@jakob187: Your black Friday thread was pretty great last year. I look forward to it.

#13 Edited by SpaceInsomniac (3535 posts) -

@thehbk said:
  • Battlefield 4 for half price and it's not even out yet!
  • Assassin's Creed 4 for $40

Neither of these offers apply to the PS4 or Xbox One versions, so I don't care.

Awesome to already be seeing ad info, though.

#14 Edited by TheHBK (5458 posts) -

@thehbk said:
  • Battlefield 4 for half price and it's not even out yet!
  • Assassin's Creed 4 for $40

Neither of these offers apply to the PS4 or Xbox One versions, so I don't care.

Awesome to already be seeing ad info, though.

However both are part of that buy the game, get a code (for PS4) or take it back to the store and get the next gen copy for only 10 bucks (Xbox One) deal. So you could get Battlefield 4 for the PS4 or Xbox One for 40 bucks or AC4 for 50.

#15 Posted by BisonHero (6051 posts) -

@demoskinos said:

@jjweatherman: Its a joke because Ellie in TLOU looks like her

Also she is named Ellie (close enough), and the voice actress for Ellie is fairly close to how Ellen Page sounds.

#16 Posted by Deranged (1837 posts) -

@thehbk said:
  • Battlefield 4 for half price and it's not even out yet!
  • Assassin's Creed 4 for $40

Neither of these offers apply to the PS4 or Xbox One versions, so I don't care.

Awesome to already be seeing ad info, though.

Sad but I have to agree. It's pretty clear that the next-gen versions of Battlefield are superior to that of current gen. Assassins Creed looks the same but I'm waiting for next-gen regardless.

#17 Posted by TheHBK (5458 posts) -

@deranged: Well check out what I said in response. You can take the current gen games back to get the next gen version for 10 bucks. So yeah, not as big of a discount but next gen BF4 for 40 bucks aint bad right?

#18 Edited by Deranged (1837 posts) -

@thehbk said:

@deranged: Well check out what I said in response. You can take the current gen games back to get the next gen version for 10 bucks. So yeah, not as big of a discount but next gen BF4 for 40 bucks aint bad right?

No it's not and I get what you're saying, but the next-gen versions are just clearly superior in terms of what the game offers.

#19 Posted by ll_Exile_ll (1409 posts) -

@jjweatherman: Its a joke because Ellie in TLOU looks like her

But does she really?? Maybe in the initial reveal trailer she kind of looked like Ellen Paige, but in the actual game she really doesn't look that much like her.

#20 Edited by NegativeCero (2973 posts) -

I'm good. I was going to wait until Black Friday to finally buy a 3DS, but I couldn't wait to play Pokemon. I'll probably keep an eye out for games for it though.

#21 Posted by Demoskinos (14520 posts) -

@ll_exile_ll: Oh yeah, I know but that is basically the joke because even after they changed how she looks its still reminiscent enough of the first design.

#22 Posted by jayjonesjunior (1085 posts) -

@chiablo said:

Jeez... BF4 is half off, CoD: Ghosts is only $10 off. EA's really trying to dethrone CoD with this one.

Considering that regular BF4 is just a glorified demo, i'm not impressed.

EA knows the money is in the Premium.

#23 Posted by mrfluke (5049 posts) -

cant go wrong with a year of ps plus for 30 bucks (especially now that its mandatory for ps4). sony's been doing a terrific job making that service be valuable.

Online
#24 Posted by Coafi (1481 posts) -

I think I'll grab one of those 1 year PS+ cards. Battlefield 4 can wait.

#25 Posted by Kedi2 (242 posts) -

Splinter Cell for $25 is pretty tempting, but I'll wait to see Amazon's sales first.