• 177 results
Avatar image for deactivated-60dda8699e35a
deactivated-60dda8699e35a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@monkeyman04: Haha, true. I wanted to mention the Duck Tales review from a while back, but I decided not to. Yeah, I know it's still around. People are just freaking insane about this shit.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#152  Edited By ShaggE

I take back what I said on page one! 8.8-gate (8.G8?) lives on! Down with Jeff Worstmann! Up with Greg Activision! Greg Eurovision would have given it a 15 out of 10, like it deserves! BRING BACK GREG INTELLIVISION! FIRE JEFF FREDDURSTMANN! RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE! 8.8 IS FOR JERKS!

Hunkulese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Compare that to the watch dogs review which got 3 stars. Most of the comments there are pretty decent, some agreeing with Jeff. Shows some progress (or just better moderation).

Not the same thing at all. No one cared about Watch Dogs before it came out. People really like their Zelda.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9398c1300c7
deactivated-5f9398c1300c7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

gr8 b8 m8 i'd r8 it an 8.8

AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 16

Old thread or no, man, I remember Girthman. I'd say "good times" but... yeah...

What a weird thing to get personally offended by a review score.

Plenty of other jokes to make here, like: whatever happened to Greg Kavision?

Avatar image for sethphotopoulos
SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

@cyberfunk said:

Compare that to the watch dogs review which got 3 stars. Most of the comments there are pretty decent, some agreeing with Jeff. Shows some progress (or just better moderation).

Not the same thing at all. No one cared about Watch Dogs before it came out. People really like their Zelda.

Not entirely the same thing but there was hype being built up for Watch Dogs so there is that. A more apt comparison though would be the Uncharted 3 stuff with the inverse of that being anytime a COD is given a score higher than 7 people freak out.

Stuff like this still happens sadly enough. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i9TwE7iuCKc Just look at the comments on that review. I don't think internet rage has gotten better. Just look at DA2, ME3 and all the stuff about EA after that. People still have a deep distrust of reviewers because they don't have an understanding of what a review is and will attack them. This community has a lot of growing up to do.

Avatar image for thebluthcompany
TheBluthCompany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

@andrewb: Imploded around the same time as the Intellivision.

cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

@hunkulese said:

@cyberfunk said:

Not entirely the same thing but there was hype being built up for Watch Dogs so there is that. A more apt comparison though would be the Uncharted 3 stuff with the inverse of that being anytime a COD is given a score higher than 7 people freak out.

Stuff like this still happens sadly enough. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i9TwE7iuCKc Just look at the comments on that review. I don't think internet rage has gotten better. Just look at DA2, ME3 and all the stuff about EA after that. People still have a deep distrust of reviewers because they don't have an understanding of what a review is and will attack them. This community has a lot of growing up to do.

The most apt comparison I can think of is Resident Evil 6 which- like this game for around 10 years- people still complain about. I guess the difference there is RE6 was bad and got an apt score but there's a very loud minority that apparently really like RE6.

SubwayD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 27

A true wordsmith.

s-a-n-JR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

People will always suck.

PhartyKatz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

Grimluck343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@shagge said:

I take back what I said on page one! 8.8-gate (8.G8?) lives on! Down with Jeff Worstmann! Up with Greg Activision! Greg Eurovision would have given it a 15 out of 10, like it deserves! BRING BACK GREG INTELLIVISION! FIRE JEFF FREDDURSTMANN! RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE! 8.8 IS FOR JERKS!

Lost it at Freddurstmann.

Shaunage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 10

#166  Edited By Shaunage

The reaction wasn't too different when Carolyn Petit 'only' gave GTA5 a 9.

hoonsama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I admit that I was taken aback by Jeff's 8.8 score initially because TP, at least from the screenshots, looked like the second coming of Ocarina of Time. Once I got the chance to delve into the game I realized quickly how ignorant I was to believe that Zelda games will always be perfect. In retrospect, going by today's scoring system standards of 10 being good and 7 being absolutely terrible, I would definitely rate TP between 8 and 9.

I respect Jeff for sticking to his guns and not caving into fan pressure. Also, the outrage over the score was simply gold.

Capum15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shagge said:

Lost it at Freddurstmann.

Oh my god, that's fucking great.

8.8/8.8

HeyGuys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169  Edited By HeyGuys

@sethphotopoulos said:

@hunkulese said:

@cyberfunk said:

The most apt comparison I can think of is Resident Evil 6 which- like this game for around 10 years- people still complain about. I guess the difference there is RE6 was bad and got an apt score but there's a very loud minority that apparently really like RE6.

Oh man, that's pretty crazy. I'm a big RE fan, I even liked RE 5 a lot, but I'm playing through RE 6 right now and maaaaaan it is rough.

KillEm_Dafoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 6

I'm glad this was necro'd. Every so often I remember "Jeff was abused as a child" and have to make my way to this thread to get a good laugh.

me3639

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 4

Why do you think every Nintendo game is praised? No one, and i mean no one has the balls to talk about Nintendo the way they talk about EA, Activison, or other companies. Fact.

NMC2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Wow, what timing, I was just about to play this game for the first time. It's weird, I am playing 3 Zelda games right now. Wind Waker, Twilight Princess and Skyward *sigh* Sword.

MC_Hify

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is this the time someone showed up at his house?

vaiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

I want Greg Kavision to review all the games. He sounds like a man who can really see shit clearly.

super2j

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cyberfunk said:

Also, this site is for people who already like/respect the GB crew. So I doubt people are as prone to flipping tables on the rare occasions they are told the thing they...uhh... care about?.... is bad.

Clonedzero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176  Edited By Clonedzero

Yeah, this is pretty damn funny. I'll admit i've gotten pissy about other peoples opinions before, haven't we all? But nothing like this or over something as silly as a review score. Granted its sometimes over dumber stuff, I mean who would take flight as a super power instead of telekinesis? What are you retarded?!

Jazz_Lafayette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

Was there a similar clusterfuck of opinion when Patrick posted his 4/5 Skyward Sword review? I feel like that was around the time people were still looking for reasons to dislike "the new guy."

crithon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

hehe, this brings back memories..... Actually, if I'm not mistaken, there was a BIG message board anticipation over Jeff's Halo 3 review. Becuase on the bombcast he shited on Halo, there were some people on Gamespot boards all like "Jeff shouldn't be allowed to review halo 3." and other silliness just in fear he would give it a score like Twilight Princess. One of those internet drama sillines.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9398c1300c7
deactivated-5f9398c1300c7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@subwayd said:

@tru3_blu3 said:

A true wordsmith.

str8 out of Compton

audioBusting

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 26

@punkxblaze said:

I want Greg Kavision to review all the games. He sounds like a man who can really see shit clearly.

I miss Kavision's insightful video game reviews. His views may be a bit high-brow, but he does offer a unique lens with his observations. But I reckon it would be near-sighted of him to only do that with his brilliant talent. The new game his studio made looks spectacular!