Blasting Gaming music in your car?

harinosho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By harinosho

Okay i do this constantly when i am driving in the morning work and stuck in traffic. play some video game sound tracks (persoan3, breath of fire etc..) and head banging to it,  people notice, at sometimes like the music, even though they don't really know who's the band or whatever.

Few questions to all: 

1. Do any of you guys and girls do this sort of thing? 

2. have you ever been complemented on your choice of music by someone that has hardly played games besides madden (or any other generic sports genre)

3. Anyone ever played "eye of the tiger" (if you don't know, its from "Rocky" ) in there car turned it up, lip sync the words and realize someone in the next  might be doing same thing, who really doesnt know "eye of the tiger". ( this is just so i know I'm not alone, because.. that song is awesome)?

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By HandsomeDead

I'm trying to think of a time when I haven't got into my friend's car and ended up playing at least one track from Streets of Rage 2 and, yes, every song from Rocky all the way from Take You Back to Heart's on Fire get played. However, when going down the motorway at 88mph, this is the tune to really get you breaking speed limits: 

Driadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#3  Edited By Driadon

1. If I had a car, I would. I listen to the Silent Hill soundtracks just as often as any other album I own. 
2. I've had people ask about it, though no direct compliments or "this sounds cool". All I tend to get is curiosity.  

I've had some people that went bonkers back in the day over some Megaman music we threw into the soundsystem back when I worked at Futureshop (aka, the Canadian Best Buy) who had never played games.

i69edUrGpa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By i69edUrGpa
@harinosho said:
" 3. Anyone ever played "eye of the tiger" (if you don't know, its from "Rocky" ) in there car turned it up, lip sync the words and realize someone in the next  might be doing same thing, who really doesnt know "eye of the tiger". ( this is just so i know I'm not alone, because.. that song is awesome)? "
....What?
eclipsesis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By eclipsesis
@HandsomeDead said:
" I'm trying to think of a time when I haven't got into my friend's car and ended up playing at least one track from Streets of Rage 2 and, yes, every song from Rocky all the way from Take You Back to Heart's on Fire get played. However, when going down the motorway at 88mph, this is the tune to really get you breaking speed limits: 

"

"Welcome to the limit, LIMIT!"

Love this song.  

Hamst3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By Hamst3r

Whenever I'm out with friends we usually blast chiptunes.
iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By iam3green

no, i don't listen to any kind of video game music. i remember when metal gear solid 3 came out i use to sing that song. " o what a thrill... snake eater" all i sang from it.

CornontheCobbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By CornontheCobbe

Um, not exactly Eye of the Tiger anyways.

But i have on occasion played some Video Game music. Mainly Hitman, Perfect Dark, and Tony Hawk game soundtracks.

therabidfrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By therabidfrog

I hate listening to music in the car so that's a negative.

Lind_L_Taylor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By Lind_L_Taylor

That's a negatory.  I'll usually blast my music pretty loud in the car, but when I stop at a light, if somebody has their window down & I think I'll feel embarrassed if they see me listening to some odd music, I'll just turn it down as a courtesy.  Once the light turns green, I put the volume back to 11.  :-)  Some music you shouldn't let anyone know you listen to it. "Eye of the Tiger" is definitely one of those tunes.

Btw, thanks for screwing with my head by inserting that shitty Eye of the Tiger song into it!  Now it won't stop playing.  Here's one for you:

"Any way you want it that's the way you need it..."  -- some meme tune by Journey.

Avatar image for generalmojo_786
GeneralMojo_786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By GeneralMojo_786
@therabidfrog said:

" I hate listening to music in the car so that's a negative. "

This^^
unless im stuck in traffic ill put this on =  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l7asrTH3gII
AND I DONT CARE WHAT YOU SAY!
CharkeeFarlee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#12  Edited By CharkeeFarlee

Yes i do this all the time, but not to game music,
Yet. My ipod is not quite that epic yet. 
My current choice of driving song 

Shinedown - Devour & sound of madness

eroticfishcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#13  Edited By eroticfishcake

If I had a car I would play videogame music since it's really the only music I listen to. I don't headbag to it or put it high volume though since I get enough strange looks in college. Get the DooM theme tune running on your car. It's great.

harinosho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By harinosho
@GeneralMojo_786 said:
" @therabidfrog said:

This^^
unless im stuck in traffic ill put this on =  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l7asrTH3gII
AND I DONT CARE WHAT YOU SAY! "
why.. i knew i shouldnt checked that link..  what have you done.. my mind .. its..

i hate you...
therabidfrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By therabidfrog
@harinosho said:
" @GeneralMojo_786 said:
" @therabidfrog said:

This^^
why.. i knew i shouldnt checked that link..  what have you done.. my mind .. its..   .....i hate you...  ... "
Is you trying to pretend that this isn't what you listen to when you're all alone... all alone.
theWarren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By theWarren

M4 Part 2 by Faunts from Mass Effect 1.

I love that song and crank it up.  It's not quite a headbanger though.

Wildfire570

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#17  Edited By Wildfire570

I've blasted the Blazblue soundtrack a few times. I usually do that in the afternoon when I'm out of my classes and heading home. Personally the music I love to blast while its not the game soundtrack but more or less game related is The Ocarina of Rhyme.

demigonis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By demigonis

I've been known to listen to the Shatter soundtrack, the Castlevania: Symphony of the Night soundtrack, and even the Quake 2 soundtrack upon occasion.

TheJollyRajah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#19  Edited By TheJollyRajah

I've never done this... but if I ever did, I'd definitely drive to this song. The best NES song ever.

DJL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By DJL

The only time I ever listen to game music or any music is when online.  

But I do love video game music! Paper Mario, Castlevania, Final Fantasy, Megaman, No More Heroes, etc etc etc....

Bahamut_Mega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Bahamut_Mega

I made myself a FFX sound track and I play it all the time in the car. I love it when people that I'm giving rides to ask if they can have a copy of the disk 

Fave song off of my sound track : Seymour's Them song!!!
L33tfella_H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#22  Edited By L33tfella_H

No one's mentioned Doom or.... @Demigonis said:

" I've been known to listen to the Shatter soundtrack, the Castlevania: Symphony of the Night soundtrack, and even the Quake 2 soundtrack upon occasion. "

Yes!

I listen to a bunch of stuff while i'm out, but i have the Q2 and Doom soundtracks on my playlist whenever i need them. I also listen to Outrun songs cause those are great. Mostly non-game related stuff though.

I like Game Music, but i find that i don't actually listen to it alot when taken out of the context of playing that certain game. (Q2 and Doom are a fair few exceptions)
harinosho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By harinosho
@therabidfrog said:
" @harinosho said:
" @GeneralMojo_786 said:
" @therabidfrog said:

This^^
why.. i knew i shouldnt checked that link..  what have you done.. my mind .. its..   .....i hate you...  ... "
Is you trying to pretend that this isn't what you listen to when you're all alone... all alone. "
hey..  don't..  how do you know my secrets? are you one of "them"? 
penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#24  Edited By penguindust