giyanks22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By giyanks22

Quote from GB article:

"You'll recall during the recent Activision earnings call that Blizzard's COO Paul Sams admitted the company would be putting out one "frontline" title a year for the foreseeable future, so if the first StarCraft II installment is really getting that close, it's got an awfully good chance of becoming this year's release."

Blizzard said that they want to develop one game a year now that they've merged with Activison...

Starcraft II: WOL will most likely be the 2009 game. One would then think that Starcraft II: HOS would be released in 2010, and then LOV in 2011....

Wait... what about Diablo III...

Does this mean that Diablo III won't come out until 2012???

Or as my Friend, whose bro is a programmer for Blizzard, said they might do WOL in 2009, DIII in 2010, HOS in 2011, DIII EX in 2012, and LOV in 2013....

Which lineup would you like better...

I would rather Blizzard do more than one game a year...but you cant get everything inlife....

EvilTwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By EvilTwin

I think the fact that Blizzard feels obligated to put out one title a year now is worse than waiting 3 years for Diablo III.

End_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By End_Boss

If Blizzard's plan is to begin hype three years before Diablo III's release, I promise I will not buy it, no matter how good. That is just absurd.
However, it is likely that this is all hearsay and that not even Blizzard themselves know exactly how their release schedule will work.

TomA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#4  Edited By TomA

Blizzard's release schedule pisses me off,i mean come on release games more often you have the manpower just do it.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

I`m pretty sure they could develop Diablo 3 in a month with the money they have, but I`m glad they take there time, but sometimes I feel like I want to rip my nut sack off and throw it at the blizzard HQ for taking just a little to long : )

Knives

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 9

#6  Edited By Knives
End_Boss said:
"If Blizzard's plan is to begin hype three years before Diablo III's release, I promise I will not buy it, no matter how good. That is just absurd.
However, it is likely that this is all hearsay and that not even Blizzard themselves know exactly how their release schedule will work.
"
Yeah, you will. You know you will. But I'm guessing:

2009, Starcraft II
2010, Diablo III
2011, Starcraft II: Expansion, WoW Expansion
2012, Starcraft II: Expansion 2, Diablo III Expansion
2013, New IP.
Absurd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By Absurd
End_Boss said:
"If Blizzard's plan is to begin hype three years before Diablo III's release, I promise I will not buy it, no matter how good. That is just absurd.
"

You called?
But seriously, I'd rather have a company work on a game for 3 years and make it good instead of putting out one game every year that is just mediocre.
lebkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By lebkin
EvilTwin said:
"I think the fact that Blizzard feels obligated to put out one title a year now is worse than waiting 3 years for Diablo III."
Why?  Blizzard has been putting out a single title a year for most of its existence.  They released at least one game/expansion every year from 91-96, took 1997 off, then at least one from 98-2004.  There is a gap after 2004, but that makes sense, since the 2004 game was WoW.  There are few years of straight support for that, until the WoW expansions were released in 2007 and 2008.  A single yearly release is standard MO for Blizzard, and I expect that to stay the same into the future.
giyanks22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By giyanks22

This is all depressing I WANT DIII NOW!!!!

Red

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#10  Edited By Red

I think by a title a year, they mean a new title. Expansions to WoW wouldn't count, I doubt the Starcraft Expansions would count, and Diablo 3 would count.

Then again, I'm probably wrong.
SunBurntYeti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#11  Edited By SunBurntYeti

I agree, Blizzard do take to long to release games but it's not like they're releasing crap either. Most of the time the games are worth the wait.

giyanks22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By giyanks22
SunBurntYeti said:
"I agree, Blizzard do take to long to release games but it's not like they're releasing crap either. Most of the time the games are worth the wait."
That's a really good point...
I'd say the same thing about Valve too...they have no target dates, and they take forever to release, but they turn out amazing.
Vinchenzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

User Lists: 2

#13  Edited By Vinchenzo

Blizzard makes quality games and when the title is ready, it will be released. There never is a concrete schedule for them, obviously, so whenever Diablo III comes out is whenever I'll be happy. The way I see it...

• Starcraft II comes out.
  • Months until Diablo III release are spent playing custom maps on SCII.
  • Diablo III comes out.
  • Grind in Cow Level V2. If there is one.
MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#14  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

It deppends entirely on what they consider a frontline game. And they can bend the definition of that around enough to release whatever they want, whenever they want. It's just marketing talk. It doesn't actually mean anything for blizzards release cycles.