Blog #033 - Silent Hill Design, Dragon Age 2, Crysis 2

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 27

Edited By alistercat

For my daily design I made something based on Pyramid Head from the Silent Hill series. The actual image is more based on how he looks in the movie. 

Silent Hill Design 

Comments are recommended, I like to hear what people think. I also made a wallpaper version for anyone interested. 

Here it is:  View High Res

Pyramid Head is coming to get you...

Dragon Age 2 

After 40 hours I finished Dragon Age 2. I expected to hate it, but I didn't. I really enjoyed it for what it was. While it'll never live up to Origins which is one of my favourite PC games of all time, it doesn't have to. It would be quite worrying if I had so many games vying for my attention at all times. I am content having enjoyed it. The same could be said for the other game I've been playing... 

Crysis 2 

You may or may not know that I'm a PC guy. I have Over 10 consoles too, but I feel in love with PC gaming a couple of years ago and it's my system of choice. For Dragon Age 2 and Crysis 2. Much of the same things I said about Dragon Age 2, but I am blown away by Crysis 2. Everything except the open levels and destruction that I loved from the first game is here and better than I imagined. The cinematic presentation really excites me and I have enjoyed the story up to this point. It is poorly told especially at the beginning but the actual plot points are exciting to me. I dont have high standards for game stories, but as long as I'm happy it doesn't matter. Can't wait to finish it, must be near the end now. 

I'm also still playing Pokemon White but not much to say about that. Lvl 42 squad at the moment... just inside the flying gym. Better get back to it!
alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By alistercat

For my daily design I made something based on Pyramid Head from the Silent Hill series. The actual image is more based on how he looks in the movie. 

Silent Hill Design 

Comments are recommended, I like to hear what people think. I also made a wallpaper version for anyone interested. 

Here it is:  View High Res

Dragon Age 2 

After 40 hours I finished Dragon Age 2. I expected to hate it, but I didn't. I really enjoyed it for what it was. While it'll never live up to Origins which is one of my favourite PC games of all time, it doesn't have to. It would be quite worrying if I had so many games vying for my attention at all times. I am content having enjoyed it. The same could be said for the other game I've been playing... 

Crysis 2 

You may or may not know that I'm a PC guy. I have Over 10 consoles too, but I feel in love with PC gaming a couple of years ago and it's my system of choice. For Dragon Age 2 and Crysis 2. Much of the same things I said about Dragon Age 2, but I am blown away by Crysis 2. Everything except the open levels and destruction that I loved from the first game is here and better than I imagined. The cinematic presentation really excites me and I have enjoyed the story up to this point. It is poorly told especially at the beginning but the actual plot points are exciting to me. I dont have high standards for game stories, but as long as I'm happy it doesn't matter. Can't wait to finish it, must be near the end now. 

I'm also still playing Pokemon White but not much to say about that. Lvl 42 squad at the moment... just inside the flying gym. Better get back to it!
Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#2  Edited By Video_Game_King

Speaking of Pyramid Head, for some reason, I've always wanted to see Cubone in a more Pyramid Head-y design. Anybody who has played Pokémon knows why.

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By alistercat
@Video_Game_King: Cant say I've ever had that desire.
buzz_clik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 9

#4  Edited By buzz_clik

Very slick, mate. I like it a lot!

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By alistercat
@buzz_clik: That's very high praise, coming from you.
Kyreo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Kyreo

This is really awesome! 

Also, DID YOU KNOW that Pyramid Head is called Red Triangle in Japan.  Personally I like that name more.

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By alistercat
@Kyreo said:
" This is really awesome!  Also, DID YOU KNOW that Pyramid Head is called Red Triangle in Japan.  Personally I like that name more. "
Haha. Slightly less intimidating though, don't you think? The red triangle is going to get you.
Kyreo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Kyreo
@AlisterCat said:

" @Kyreo said:

" This is really awesome!  Also, DID YOU KNOW that Pyramid Head is called Red Triangle in Japan.  Personally I like that name more. "
Haha. Slightly less intimidating though, don't you think? The red triangle is going to get you. "
No way man!  Think about the visual image that creates.  RED triangle.  Like it is so Red and covered in blood that that is the distinguishing factor of this person's head and triangle cuz... pyramid is a weird word.  Also, pyramid head makes me think of Football Head and then makes me think of that awful american cartoon Hey, Arnold. 

But I will admit Red Triangle is not as menacing. 
CastroCasper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#9  Edited By CastroCasper

You remember that scene from Scanners? 

This will be my next wallpaper when I decide I'm sick of looking at the LA Noire one I have now.

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By alistercat
@kurtdyoung: scanners?
alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By alistercat
@Kyreo said:
" @AlisterCat said:

" @Kyreo said:

Haha. Slightly less intimidating though, don't you think? The red triangle is going to get you. "
No way man!  Think about the visual image that creates.  RED triangle.  Like it is so Red and covered in blood that that is the distinguishing factor of this person's head and triangle cuz... pyramid is a weird word.  Also, pyramid head makes me think of Football Head and then makes me think of that awful american cartoon Hey, Arnold.  But I will admit Red Triangle is not as menacing.  "
I would stand for bad mouthing Hey Arnold, not in my blog.
ThunderSlash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#12  Edited By ThunderSlash

I think he's called Red Pyramid, at least I think. Sweet wallpaper, the best Pyramid Head wallpaper I've seen.

Edit: I was wrong, it's Red Pyramid in the movie; and Triangle Head in Japan.

Source: 
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pyramid_Head

Kyreo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Kyreo
@AlisterCat said:
" @Kyreo said:
" @AlisterCat said:

" @Kyreo said:

No way man!  Think about the visual image that creates.  RED triangle.  Like it is so Red and covered in blood that that is the distinguishing factor of this person's head and triangle cuz... pyramid is a weird word.  Also, pyramid head makes me think of Football Head and then makes me think of that FRIGGIN AMAZING american cartoon Hey, Arnold.  But I will admit Red Triangle is not as menacing.  "
I would stand for bad mouthing Hey Arnold, not in my blog. "
Fixed.  
csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#14  Edited By csl316

cool

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By alistercat
@ThunderSlash said:
" I think he's called Red Pyramid, at least I think. Sweet wallpaper, the best Pyramid Head wallpaper I've seen.  Edit: I was wrong, it's Red Pyramid in the movie; and Triangle Head in Japan.  Source:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pyramid_Head "
If you have to quote Wikipedia then Giantbomb isn't up to snuff. Edit the article if it isn't in there! 
@Kyreo:
 Look, I'm an idiot OK? And it was 5am, and my blood sugar was low and... my hands were tied.