Blogs, reviews and forum posts. Community involvement key.

Hilit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Hilit

I think it would be really cool if their was a way you could rates peoples blogs with a thumbs up or down. Then have a part of the main page where highly rated user blog posts will automatically be displayed. The same thing should happen for user reviews and highly active discussion threads.

This is a community driven site in the purest sense so making things like user blogs, reviews, forum posts and discussion etc a key component of the GB experience is very important. On the Bombcast you guys should then discuss what we're all talking about. 1up.com used to do that kind of thing (not so much any more) and it was a big hit with the community.

Just think about it.

BlackWaterCO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By BlackWaterCO

I agree, because I've read some good reviews so far

sdodd02

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By sdodd02

Yeah, like blogs with a certain amount of thumb ups are on the front page or something like that.

Hilit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Hilit
Sdodd412 said:
"Yeah, like blogs with a certain amount of thumb ups are on the front page or something like that.
"
Exactly. RIght now theres little window sections for the GB blog and GB reviews. Well there should be other windows containing the highest rated user blog posts, user reviews and most active forum discussions.

Push the community aspect as hard as you can guys since it's the driving force behind the site.
Hilit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Hilit

I'm pelvic thrusting this to the top because I think it's an important issue to be discussed amongst the community.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b3f096aee80a
deactivated-5b3f096aee80a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

It would be cool to have a lot of things, like a user blog page and tagging, and submissions history, and a more organized forum, and perhaps more mods, and the ability for people to send a ban request, and many other things.

Still early but the community is the key thing to this all.

Hilit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Hilit

Early days still so i'm not suggesting this stuff be implemented post haste or anything. Just wanting to gauge community opinion on it.

banksrob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By banksrob

would be good, as hundreds of user reviews can appear on one game

Locke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Locke

It would be nice to have a feature similar to that. The highest rated user reviews could somehow be worked into the wiki or at least appear at the top of a list somewhere. Everyone loves the tops of lists.