Blogs you didn't know existed but should probably read

sweep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 14

Edited By sweep  Moderator

I'm just going to give a quick shout out to some great blogs I have found floating around the site

go and check them out if you have a minute to spare.

Makari || Blog

Discovered via an excellently written Star Ocean review (here), his blogs are short but sweet, with a genial sense of humour. Seems to spend a lot of time playing Dawn Of War and has written a whole ton of Metroid related wiki's. A man with many strings to his bow, perhaps?

Buzz_clik || Blog

This guy has a load of weird wiki points on objects and concepts which seem bizarre to even me, and I once attacked a badger with salad forks. Be that as it may, his blogging ability is of a high quality - demonstrated by his excellently written Bionic Commando blog.

Bruce || Blog

Bruce writes about music. That's ok, we're an open-minded group of individuals... right? RIGHT??

I like the idea of promoting blogs that don't seem to be getting the attention they deserve so I might make a routine thing of this. Stay tuned for more updates from the Blogosphere.

Thanks For Reading
Love Sweep

sweep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By sweep  Moderator

I'm just going to give a quick shout out to some great blogs I have found floating around the site

Makari || Blog

Discovered via an excellently written Star Ocean review (here), his blogs are short but sweet, with a genial sense of humour. Seems to spend a lot of time playing Dawn Of War and has written a whole ton of Metroid related wiki's. A man with many strings to his bow, perhaps?

Buzz_clik || Blog

This guy has a load of weird wiki points on objects and concepts which seem bizarre to even me, and I once attacked a badger with salad forks. Be that as it may, his blogging ability is of a high quality - demonstrated by his excellently written Bionic Commando blog.

Bruce || Blog

Bruce writes about music. That's ok, we're an open-minded group of individuals... right? RIGHT??

I like the idea of promoting blogs that don't seem to be getting the attention they deserve so I might make a routine thing of this. Stay tuned for more updates from the Blogosphere.

Thanks For Reading
Love Sweep

Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Player1

Sweep || Blog

The best blogger on this site. Hands down. If you aren't his friend, then you are a terrible person. 
sweep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By sweep  Moderator
@Player1: In fairness most of my friends are terrible people, but the gesture is appreciated nonetheless.

<3
Osaladin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Osaladin

There should be 1 or 2 blogs featured weekly on this site, there are many great ones, except of course for Sweep's.

Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Player1
@Sweep: hahaha! No problem. Your the one that keeps coming with quality blogs. 
End_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By End_Boss

Wow.

sweep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By sweep  Moderator

Wow what? That better not be sarcastic you mother fucker or i'm going to rip you some new holes for me to stick my dick in.

Fucking canadians...

(love you!)

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#8  Edited By Video_Game_King

I support you on your Canadian hatred. What has Canada ever done for us (by us, I mean the Moon Kingdom)? And what have they done for video games? According to the Wiki, mainly sports games.

(Keep in mind this post is a joking one.)

ThomasP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By ThomasP

Thank you, all mighty blog god.

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#10  Edited By Claude

Sweep sucks big balls... all the time. He could not write a quality blog of any proportion if he tried. Good thing he has no ego, for he brings us the great Blogosphere of Giantbomb.  Thanks Sweep... now fuck off for I have new blogs to read.

End_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By End_Boss
@ThomasP said:
" Thank you, all mighty blog god. "
Sweep rules with a tender embrace and an iron fist.

Also, to all of your questions regarding the validity of Canada's incredible worth: we bring awesome to the table. A whole lotta' awesome.
buzz_clik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#12  Edited By buzz_clik
@Sweep said:
" Fucking canadians... "
Obviously, this does not apply to Dino Bravo.
sweep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By sweep  Moderator
@Claude said:
" Sweep sucks big balls... all the time. He could not write a quality blog of any proportion if he tried. Good thing he has no ego, for he brings us the great Blogosphere of Giantbomb.  Thanks Sweep... now fuck off for I have new blogs to read. "

Claude is the godfather of noise and abstract contradictions. Crossing him would be like fighting a bear made of prawns.
Optiow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Optiow

I have never read any of those blogs...as I have some spare time I might read a few now...

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Claude
@Sweep said:
" @Claude said:
" Sweep sucks big balls... all the time. He could not write a quality blog of any proportion if he tried. Good thing he has no ego, for he brings us the great Blogosphere of Giantbomb.  Thanks Sweep... now fuck off for I have new blogs to read. "
Claude is the godfather of noise and abstract contradictions. Crossing him would be like fighting a bear made of prawns. "
I had my poetry reviewed one time and this word has stuck with me. Obtuse... I can't escape it, maybe I need to write about it, maybe it defines my life.
buzz_clik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#16  Edited By buzz_clik
@Claude:

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Claude
@buzz_clik: Fuckin' hell... I love it. Slap 'em silly. I get over it quick and move on. obtusexistentialism is a world... and I live in it.
Dalai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#18  Edited By Dalai

Buzz_clik is not just about t-shirts anymore.

JamesF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 3

#19  Edited By JamesF

In Bruce's description you forgot to write "writes about weird indie music that won't be liked by about 95% of you, and he will always like it.

...always."
Wolverine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#20  Edited By Wolverine
@Sweep said:
"

Makari || Blog

Buzz_clik || Blog

Bruce || Blog

Bruce writes about music. That's ok, we're an open-minded group of individuals... right? RIGHT??I like the idea of promoting blogs that don't seem to be getting the attention they deserve so I might make a routine thing of this. Stay tuned for more updates from the Blogosphere.Thanks For ReadingLove Sweep "
I've been reading Bruce's blog for a while now. I'll check out Makari and Buzz_clik's blogs! :)
LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#21  Edited By LiquidPrince
@Claude said:
Claude on the loose!
Tylea002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#22  Edited By Tylea002

Sweep needs to have a "featured blog" section on the front page, where he decides which blog is right. No publicity like Sweep publicity...wait, that pun failed epically.

EpicSteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

User Lists: 11

#23  Edited By EpicSteve

:0

My blog's not listed! You should do this more, point out some good blogs like once a month or something. 
mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#24  Edited By mike
@JamesF said:
" In Bruce's description you forgot to write "writes about weird indie music that won't be liked by about 95% of you, and he will always like it.

...always."
"
Pretty much...I find reading others' opinions about music to be a complete waste of time, it's too subjective (even more so than writing about games).
The_A_Drain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By The_A_Drain
@MB:

Agreed, at least with games there are elements which the huge majority will agree on, such as polish, control scheme quality, etc etc. Whereas music is a whole nother ball game, saying "Ahh yeah well that piece of music is technicly well put together" does absolutely nothing for anybody, and i'd much rather listen and form my own opinion than read somebody elses because even people who have very similar tastes vary wildly when it comes to music. There also isn't as big a time investment, so you dont need to find out beforehand whether or not those 3 minutes/track will be worth your time, whereas a game you could be stuck with for 8+ hours, you need to know beforehand if you're going to like it.
sweep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By sweep  Moderator

Wait a second, Buzz_clik designed the neon lobsters t-Shirt....?

DOES HIS EPICNESS KNOW NO BOUNDS??!?

The_A_Drain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By The_A_Drain
@Sweep:

He's even immortal too, he can only be killed if someone chops off his head with a sword and screams "There can be only one!!"
pill92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By pill92

Great idea for a blog.

RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 8

#29  Edited By RHCPfan24

I am sure the people featured here appreciate the spotlight, Sweep. And yes, I will also say the obligatory "Sweep is the blog king" comment. Because you know I mean it.