Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#51  Edited By Zuldim

@BlackLagoon said:

@Zuldim said:

The real reason why, though, is that I just don't see the Vita getting support for much longer,

People have been saying that since shortly after launch, yet the Vita keeps getting new game announcements. On the Japanese side especially, announcements have seriously picked up the last few months.

Huh. What's been announced recently? I haven't heard of anything. If so, then maybe I'm wrong, although I still find the 3DS to be the more appealing option, since I love Mario, Zelda, and Pokemon games.

Avatar image for wintersnowblind
WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#52  Edited By WinterSnowblind

The Vita's future looks very shaky and it's currently ridiculously expensive (unless you can find a good deal) and bound to plummet like a rock shortly.

The 3DS has a lack of really good games at the moment, there's only a few really standout titles.. but if you've never owned any DS before, there's a huge backlog for you right there. I'd say it's the obvious choice.

BlackLagoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#53  Edited By BlackLagoon

@Zuldim: Just recently, well, Dead or Alive 5 Plus, Binding of Isaac: Rebirth, remake/sequel to Velocity, some smaller downloadable titles. In Japan - Sei Madou Monogatari, One Piece: Pirate Warriors 2, Project Versus J, The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Flash, Atelier Meruru Plus... I keep a full list here.

(There's also a lot of weird indie stuff headed to PlayStation Mobile, whenever that becomes fully operational.)

D_W

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 21

#54  Edited By D_W

@Zuldim: I don't know. I've heard good things about the original version on the DS, but the portable SMT game I choose to play was Strange Journey.

FancySoapsMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#55  Edited By FancySoapsMan

@Zuldim: It's a good mix of Strategy and RPG, but keep in mind that it can get incredibly frustrating at time.

The sequel is much better, in my opinion.

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

#56  Edited By Bollard

3DS all day, Vita is a flop. Can't believe there are people in here vouching for it. I guess the PS+ stuff is cool but really, 3DS has so much more on it's plate. Hella releases in 2013 too.

@BlackLagoon said:

@Phatmac said:

3DS. It has more games for me and the library of games keeps on coming. What does the Vita have for next year? Nothing! Go 3ds and play the huge library of DS games that are out there!

Just because you don't keep up with upcoming Vita releases, doesn't mean they don't actually exist... And it's not like there isn't a huge library exisitng of PSOne, PSP, and Minis titles on the Vita.

*Looks at list* I have a feeling he was talking about good games.

Irishdoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 1

#57  Edited By Irishdoom

I very nearly pulled the trigger on a 3DS XL at Target today, as they had the bundle with Mario Kart 7 pre-installed for the $200 price tag. I'm still not quite sure though. :) There are an awful lot of supposedly great DS games that I've never played.

I also took a look at the shelves for the Vita games currently out, and there wasn't much that looked that interesting. Though I would get Uncharted and the others for free right out of the gate. Maybe I'll just see if I can get a deal for one or the other in the next few days.