Bobby Kotick really is a douche. Again.

The_A_Drain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By The_A_Drain

He's made a name for himself as being a complete ass, and I personally have a very dim view of the man, but now he's at it again. Apparently he's 'dissapointed' that no price drops were announced at E3, and feels that console manufacturers should be doing all they can to enable families to afford consoles so that he can sell them his goddamned Guitar Hero and skateboarding games at full price.

The man has some cheek, I mean his company is in millions of dollars of profit in spite of the recession, whereas other companies are hurting, the very same companies he is expecting to drop price on their products. What an asshole.

Source: http://kotaku.com/5281271/activision-ceo-unhappy-no-console-price-chop-announced

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#2  Edited By Video_Game_King

Wait, has Activision ever dropped their prices on Guitar Hero? Just want to know that one detail that could potentially make this ordeal hilarious.

The_A_Drain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By The_A_Drain

I'm not sure if they did, or the stores did. But GHIII was going hella cheap around the time Rock Band came out, then again when RB2 and World Tour came out.

freakin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By freakin

I don't know whatever history he has as a douche, but looking out for your own companies interests doesn't seem that crazy to me. 

Lyphen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By Lyphen

Well, he is the leader of the new Evil Empire. I'd expect nothing less but complete douchebaggery from him.

Jerusahat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By Jerusahat
@freakin said:
" I don't know whatever history he has as a douche, but looking out for your own companies interests doesn't seem that crazy to me.  "
It's not crazy, but it is selfish. He's basically saying the platforms he's dependant on should do all the work in getting him new customers. He's making no investment himself in boosting the overall customer base.
trlbaron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By trlbaron
@freakin said:

" I don't know whatever history he has as a douche, but looking out for your own companies interests doesn't seem that crazy to me.  "

Quite true.  But as can be ascertained from the following article, he is a world-class, self-centered douche.
 Maybe it's the company yearbook photo of him leading the article, but he makes my skin crawl....  

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/26132/Kotick_Sells_More_Activision_Shares_Gains_17_Million.php
beargirl1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 24

#8  Edited By beargirl1

KOTICK FOR 2012

RsistncE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By RsistncE
@Jerusahat said:
" It's not crazy, but it is selfish. He's basically saying the platforms he's dependant on should do all the work in getting him new customers. He's making no investment himself in boosting the overall customer base. "
Selfish? Welcome to lockean-capitalism.
iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By iam3green

crazy thing man. companies are just getting more greedy with money.

Seedofpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Seedofpower

Thank god he speaks for  Activision , and doesn't run the day to day of blizzard. Man, he probably would have released S.C.2 already just to capitalize on the hype.

Jerusahat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Jerusahat
@RsistncE: I'm not sure John Locke had anything to say about the symbiotic relationships of console manufacturers and game publishers, but I'm no economics student. Also, welcome to 5 months ago :)
RsistncE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By RsistncE
@Jerusahat said:
" @RsistncE: I'm not sure John Locke had anything to say about the symbiotic relationships of console manufacturers and game publishers, but I'm no economics student. Also, welcome to 5 months ago :) "
Oh, WTF, I didn't even notice.

Guy above me: why did you revive a 5 month old thread?