BOB'S GAME coming out in less then a week!!!

Cadmus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Cadmus

Anyone else excited?  I'm pretty pumped. 9/9/09. 

Btw, why is Bob's Game not in the GB wiki?  Isn't it a game?
Systech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Systech

You want to provide links? News and what not?

Cadmus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Cadmus

Didn't know the community cares so little about this game.  I feel like I'm missing something here.  If someone cares to fill me in it'd be much appreciated.

dopeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By dopeman

i don't believe you.

CoolDrMoney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 11

#5  Edited By CoolDrMoney

We grew tired of the desperate PR stunt sometime last winter

Avatar image for masterofpenguins_zell
MasterOfPenguins_Zell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

@Cadmus: Link us evidence or GTFO.
crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By crusader8463

never heard of it. Links or its spam.

ThomasP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By ThomasP

What system? I've heard nothing.

asurastrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#9  Edited By asurastrike
@MasterOfPenguins_Zell said:

" @Cadmus: Link us evidence or GTFO. "

http://www.bobsgame.com/

It says

"090909
 full release."

But who cares? It's going to Bomb and then Bob is going to realize he just wasted the last 5 years of his life.
Cadmus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Cadmus

If you go to the website at bobsgame.com it says on the first page 9/9/09 full release.

And I do remember something about this last year or the beginning of the year but definitely awhiles back on the bombcast, but I didn't pay it any attention.  For some reason I was interested in checking it out today, and read up about it, and watched the videos on Bob's youtube account and it seems legit to me, what with the demo and all and the weird/cool video where you can see demonic reggie (lol) and the devil sorcerer miyamoto.

I guess I'm kinda excited because this is all new to me and I missed the old events.

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11  Edited By JJOR64

People still care about this game?

asurastrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By asurastrike
@JJOR64 said:

" People still care about this game? "

I think it's more like morbid curiosity.

EDIT: I feel kind of mean, I hope Bob's Game does well, but next time don't pull stupid stunts for attention.
Cadmus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Cadmus
@Asurastrike: 
I guess what I don't understand is why you guys hate him or want him to fail or something.  If true, it is impressive that one person could spend five years developing a supposedly 20 plus hour game all alone.  Although I do not understand why he would create an 'anti-nintendo' game and yet want to get it published on a nintendo console, that seems dumb.
Avatar image for masterofpenguins_zell
MasterOfPenguins_Zell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Cadmus said:
" @Asurastrike:  I guess what I don't understand is why you guys hate him or want him to fail or something.  If true, it is impressive that one person could spend five years developing a supposedly 20 plus hour game all alone.  Although I do not understand why he would create an 'anti-nintendo' game and yet want to get it published on a nintendo console, that seems dumb. "
People are just tired of his stupid stunts in order to get attention and all the talk about the game. @Asurastrike said:
" @JJOR64 said:

" People still care about this game? "

I think it's more like morbid curiosity.  EDIT: I feel kind of mean, I hope Bob's Game does well, but next time don't pull stupid stunts for attention. "
Yeah, I'm curious too, but I'm really annoyed by all of his crap too.
ThomasP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By ThomasP

I just checked the website. Bob is still crazy.

buzz_clik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By buzz_clik

Cadmus is Bob: Confirmed.

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 31

#17  Edited By AgentJ

If he hadn't done all that attention grabbing i might have been interested, but really, locking himself in his room and then giving up a few days in...

Dalai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Dalai

I think the whole viral thing was a dickish move that lasted way too long, but I gotta admit the game looks pretty good.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#19  Edited By Hailinel

There was a Bob's Game page on the wiki, but it was deleted at staff discretion.

Cadmus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Cadmus
@MasterOfPenguins_Zell: 
Ok, I get it now.  But the game is coming out in less then a week!  So we can forget all the nonsense.

And I really dunno if he's wasted five years of his life creating this game.  It's probably took more creativity and took more dedication then anything I've ever done in my life.  I'm not afraid to admit it.  He's probably rich anyway.

It's strange, but Bob's Game is inspiring a lot of emotions within me.  This game isn't another filthy cash-in to earn money.  It's not mindless entertainment.  Forget the social commentary of the video game business re Nintendo.  What I'm seeing is an obsessive kid that created something that he can honestly say is his own work.  Imagine if we as gamers could all as individuals have the means to create our own video game?  And I'm not talking LBP levels, but a full fledged game.  That's pretty cool imo.  
Sticky_Pennies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#21  Edited By Sticky_Pennies

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By pause422
@CoolDrMoney said:
" We grew tired of the desperate PR stunt sometime last winter "
Agreed. Bob can rot in hell, fuck his game.
asurastrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By asurastrike
@Cadmus said:
" @MasterOfPenguins_Zell:  It's strange, but Bob's Game is inspiring a lot of emotions within me.  This game isn't another filthy cash-in to earn money.  It's not mindless entertainment.  Forget the social commentary of the video game business re Nintendo.  What I'm seeing is an obsessive kid that created something that he can honestly say is his own work.  Imagine if we as gamers could all as individuals have the means to create our own video game?  And I'm not talking LBP levels, but a full fledged game.  That's pretty cool imo.   "
You must have missed Braid. Braid is a very innovative game that was developed by 1 guy, and he didn't even have to do dumb internet stunts to get attention. He made a game that spoke for itself.
DanielJW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#24  Edited By DanielJW

It looks kind of interesting I guess. Doesn't look like fun though, which is the primary reason to play a game.

Cadmus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Cadmus
@Asurastrike: 
I thought Jonathan Blow had a team behind him and cash too.  Anyways, always wanted to play braid, but unfortunately it wasn't on the psn.
asurastrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By asurastrike
@Cadmus said:
" @Asurastrike:  I thought Jonathan Blow had a team behind him and cash too.  Anyways, always wanted to play braid, but unfortunately it wasn't on the psn. "
Braid was developed by him, and he paid someone, out of his own pocket, to redo the artwork. He spent $200,000 of his own money over 3 years developing it.
MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#27  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator
@Cadmus said:
"Btw, why is Bob's Game not in the GB wiki?  Isn't it a game? "
Bobs game is a homebrew DS game, which does not belong in the GB database. If it is being released through a viable platform, we can add it to the database. But at the moment, I am doubtful of the legitimacy of of his claims of a full release.
skywing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#28  Edited By skywing
@Dalai:  I love your profile pic
weltal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#29  Edited By weltal

Hey, look on the bright side, maybe he'll die in a fire before he can release it.

MaSteRMaSteR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By MaSteRMaSteR

the demo sucked

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Al3xand3r
@Cadmus said:

"@MasterOfPenguins_Zell:  Ok, I get it now.  But the game is coming out in less then a week!  So we can forget all the nonsense. And I really dunno if he's wasted five years of his life creating this game.  It's probably took more creativity and took more dedication then anything I've ever done in my life.  I'm not afraid to admit it.  He's probably rich anyway.  It's strange, but Bob's Game is inspiring a lot of emotions within me.  This game isn't another filthy cash-in to earn money.  It's not mindless entertainment.  Forget the social commentary of the video game business re Nintendo.  What I'm seeing is an obsessive kid that created something that he can honestly say is his own work.  Imagine if we as gamers could all as individuals have the means to create our own video game?  And I'm not talking LBP levels, but a full fledged game.  That's pretty cool imo."

There are far better indie developers to give your respect and get inspiration from than some attention seeking douchebag that won't even take valid criticism of his game to heart. He's not the first to create a game alone either. Cave Story is the prime example created by a single person, and within 5 years as well. It's also freaking awesome. It's also free. Aquaria was done by mostly two persons. It's also freaking awesome. World of Goo was by two persons. It's also freaking awesome. Mount & Blade was mostly done by a guy and his wife. It's also freaking ace. Etc.

If you haven't heard of these, then do check them out. If you have, but didn't know how indie they all were, it's because their devs aren't attention seekers, they really do it for the love of the game, not to have others worship their grand awesomeness or some shit like that. Those who sell their products advertise their games' merits, not their own incredible selves who deserve respect for making a game without much of a team.

This guy acts like he's the first ever indie developer or something. Ignore him unless his game turns out great, but I doubt that. His 09/09/09 release is just an attempt to ride on the back of yet another popular (in some circles) meme (DREAMCAST 2, BELIEVE!).
gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 6

#32  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

I don't quite know how Bob is getting his game out there what with all the trouble he's had with Nintendo and everything but I'm pretty excited. I know a lot of people were frustrated by Bob's actions to garner publicity for his game but I found it to be a very interesting experience, following the unusual story of Robert Pelloni and his crazy demands. I suppose the reason I'm really looking forward to Bob's Game is that I'm a bit of a bedroom programmer myself and the idea of this big DS game all created by one guy who worked at this for ages on this really appeals to me.

Donkeysraliens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Donkeysraliens

So your telling me Bob is still a threat? 
Also, 9.9.09? Something tells me that a good few amount of people will be playing something else on that day, so with that in mind, to Bob i say: 
"Get back, get back.
Get back to where you once belonged
Get back, get back.
Get back to where you once belonged.
Get back Bob. go home"

TheJollyRajah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#34  Edited By TheJollyRajah

Stop giving him free advertisement.

artofwar420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#35  Edited By artofwar420

He's gonna burn it to a CD and that'll be his release.

Avatar image for kowalskimandown
KowalskiManDown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#36  Edited By KowalskiManDown

Bob's Game???