Bomb Should Have A Face 23: How do you click Diablo? Hard

mattbodega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

Edited By mattbodega

Bomb Should Have a Face cannot be stopped!
The BSHAF returns, energized and ready to take on the new day! MattBodega, TokyoChicken, Jensonb and Disgaeamad welcome TF2 god Thordain on the show as we hit the forums for a suite of topics! The BSHAF crew discuss the current state of fanboys, the games we hate that everyone else loves, and even have time to design fake adventure games! All this and more on the shortest episode of Bomb Should Have A Face yet(and not because my recording screwed up an hour in!)

You can download the show directly here!

You can check out our past episodes on our RSS feed here! Or Subscribe to the Feed!
And be sure to  subscribe to the new  show on iTunes here!

mattbodega

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By mattbodega

Bomb Should Have a Face cannot be stopped!
The BSHAF returns, energized and ready to take on the new day! MattBodega, TokyoChicken, Jensonb and Disgaeamad welcome TF2 god Thordain on the show as we hit the forums for a suite of topics! The BSHAF crew discuss the current state of fanboys, the games we hate that everyone else loves, and even have time to design fake adventure games! All this and more on the shortest episode of Bomb Should Have A Face yet(and not because my recording screwed up an hour in!)

You can download the show directly here!

You can check out our past episodes on our RSS feed here! Or Subscribe to the Feed!
And be sure to  subscribe to the new  show on iTunes here!

thordain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By thordain

I'd say TF2 guy rather than god but you got the basic idea.

Coltonio7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Coltonio7

WAGHHH! FORGET THIS! GRRR!

kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By kush

Updated the Community Spotlight :P

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 36

#5  Edited By LordAndrew

I promised my Twitter followers a fight between Jensonb and Thordain. This podcast had better deliver. :P

Dalai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By Dalai

Yeah, not liking the hiccups, but dude, Phoenix!  Possibly the most awesome song of 2009 so far.

brukaoru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By brukaoru

Lol snorecast beginning, haha. Good episode guys!

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By LordAndrew

You can't overtake Silverbucket in points. No one can. While jlrm01 has slowed down his image-posting and activity in general, Silverbucket continues to write huge articles about comic book characters without mentioning their role in video games and uploads every single piece of fan art he can find.
Silverbucket seems to take things personally when his articles are changed, and jlrm01 rarely writes articles because he thinks his English isn't good enough. I have tried to convince jlrm01 that his English is fine, and he has written some nice articles on Giant Bomb and Anime Vice, but he's still not entirely comfortable with writing a lot of articles or posting on the forums. But whenever he does, it makes for a great read. :)

Even though they're primarily image uploaders, they both have contributed some nice articles and I appreciate their efforts. Even if looking at Silverbucket's images make me cringe sometimes. :(

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By LordAndrew

They do other stuff too. And in jlrm's case, he's slowed down in general. He's not posting as much fan art as he used to, and he has a limit of 300 images per page. I find Silverbucket's images more troublesome, because they're often of much lower quality.
I've talked to jlrm quite a bit. I've tried to convince him to contribute more to the wiki and get involved in the community more. And it's working. If I find a problem with what he's doing I tell him. And he's willing to listen. There was a period where I felt the quality of his images were dropping, I told him, and he's improved. I told him he should try to get involved on the forums more. And he did.
If you have a problem with what he's doing, feel free to tell him. I'm sure he'd be willing to listen.

Here are some examples of his work:
Image Moderation Guide - It's really a collaboration between the two of us, but he wrote most of it and I wrote a few sections.
Hatsune Miku page - Sure, a lot of people won't read it, but it's not like anyone would read my Cocoto Fishing Master article either.
Introduction to the Image Moderation Tool (Anime Vice) - Even though I'm credited as an author, it was almost entirely his work.
And he's apparently got some other things coming too.

"Oh, well. I have the guide to finish. An article to finish, too. Plus many other things (I'm image-oriented, so to speak, so I'm afraid I'll always do those). But the program gets in the way! ^_^ I wish I wasn't so slow (slow as in low speed, not as in dumb, hehe)."
So I look forward to that.
MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#10  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

It doesn't feel right ending it without hearing MattBodaga shouting "IF THAT BOMBS GUNNA GO OFF, THEN BOMB SHOULD HAVE A FACE!!!!!". You should have edited it in from a previous episode since the recording went screwy.

tokyochicken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#11  Edited By tokyochicken

I guess I could've done that but it would still be really off. Like it just going from the whatcha been playing to the outro so abrubptly would sound weird, I could've hacked at it a little more but I didn't want the episode to be too late. Sorry about that, hopefully next week things will be a bit better!

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By LordAndrew

It had better. ;)

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#13  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

What exactly goes wrong with the recordings when they go wrong? Are you sure just kicking it won't work? Kicking it will solve any and all computer problems.

tokyochicken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#14  Edited By tokyochicken

A lot of different weird things happen, sometimes the audio track will skip or be really laggy, or just cut right off at a random point (Which was the case with this one). Lol I know its shitty,its been happening very frequently lately. We still have no clue why.

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#15  Edited By chaser324  Moderator

I really wish I could listen to this podcast, but MattBodega's voice pierces my ear drums like a rusty AIDS infected needle.

Baillie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Baillie

Please, Matt. Stop trying to be Jeff Gerstmann and so over-the-top.

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By LordAndrew

He's not.

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By chaser324  Moderator

I'm not trying to start a flame war. I really like the concept for the podcast, some of the topics are very interesting, and I really respect the effort and enthusiasm of all involved. I'm simply trying to give some constructive feedback on the podcast, and I don't think I'm alone in thinking that MattBodega and the technical issues make this a very difficult podcast to listen to.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#19  Edited By Milkman
Chaser324 said:
"I'm not trying to start a flame war. I'm simply trying to give some constructive feedback on the podcast, and I don't think I'm alone in thinking that MattBodega and the technical issues make this a very difficult podcast to listen to."
You're not. Combine that with the fact that I really don't care at all about what these guys have to say about games and you have exactly why I don't ever listen to this thing. They're just regurgitating what is said on the Bombcast every week but in a much more annoying and less funny fashion. I really don't see the point. 
chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By chaser324  Moderator

I definitely think that there is some real value in the discussion of the things going on in the GiantBomb community, but any amount of interest that I might have in those topics isn't nearly enough to get me through an episode of this podcast.

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By LordAndrew
Chaser324 said:
"I'm not trying to start a flame war. I really like the concept for the podcast, some of the topics are very interesting, and I really respect the effort and enthusiasm of all involved. I'm simply trying to give some constructive feedback on the podcast, and I don't think I'm alone in thinking that MattBodega and the technical issues make this a very difficult podcast to listen to."
Don't worry. There's nothing wrong with that. Matt is pretty loud. That's just the way he is, and it definitely doesn't appeal to everybody.
Baillie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Baillie

I just find that if he wasn't as over-the-top, I could actually listen to more than 10 minutes of the podcast. I'd love to hear what the community has to say, but really... No thanks for now. :)