#1 Posted by HeroMuseum (16 posts) -

Why isn't there a Bombcast video feed? Easy ratings raiser. 

#2 Posted by LiquidSwords (2738 posts) -

No

#3 Edited by Meteora (5787 posts) -

Because 2 hours of video footage each day will start to pile up memory on the server.

#4 Edited by GlenTennis (3144 posts) -

Quick, somebody contact the top men. This guy has thought of an idea they have never considered. It will make millions.
But seriously, there's not a whole lot that we would see that we couldn't hear. Also it will make edits more awkward.

#5 Posted by HeroMuseum (16 posts) -
@Meteora: doubt it for the return.@GlenTennis: sorry let me get in line.
#6 Posted by Brendan (7696 posts) -

I personally have no desire to have more bandwidth get taken up by watching four dudes sit in a room and talk.  One of the things I like about the Bombcast is that I can do something else while listening to it.
#7 Posted by PerryVandell (2103 posts) -

Because it would just be 4 guys in a room talking. Sure there would be visual cues that we could then pick up on, but a video bombcast would fill up my hard drive quickly. 

#8 Posted by HeroMuseum (16 posts) -
@Brendan: hmm, maybe just me.     
#9 Posted by Meptron (1073 posts) -
@Meteora said:
" Because 2 hours of video footage each day will start to pile up memory on the server. "
I suppose this would be true if they did a daily bombcast. 2 hours a week on the other hand isn't that big a deal. Nothing like an endurance run.
#10 Posted by Fruitcocoa (483 posts) -

Subscribers really should have ONE video bombcast every month or two! :) 

#11 Posted by Meteora (5787 posts) -
@Meptron said:
" @Meteora said:
" Because 2 hours of video footage each day will start to pile up memory on the server. "
I suppose this would be true if they did a daily bombcast. 2 hours a week on the other hand isn't that big a deal. Nothing like an endurance run. "
The difference is that an Endurance Run requires video footage; unless if it was a journalistic diary written by the player. It is almost a necessity if they went that route. But video footage for the Bombcast? Not a necessity.
#12 Posted by Meptron (1073 posts) -
@Meteora said:
" @Meptron said:
" @Meteora said:
I suppose this would be true if they did a daily bombcast. 2 hours a week on the other hand isn't that big a deal. Nothing like an endurance run. "
The difference is that an Endurance Run requires video footage; unless if it was a journalistic diary written by the player. It is almost a necessity if they went that route. But video footage for the Bombcast? Not a necessity. "
Sure, it's not a neccessity. I agree with you there. In fact, I would rather they didn't do a video. But you said it was a space issue because it will take up 2 hours of video footage a day. It's only two hours a week, and that is nothing compared to what they log with other site features.
#13 Posted by FCKSNAP (2299 posts) -

That would be kind of a weak idea on their part because they already make awesome videos every week.

#14 Posted by BigLemon (1022 posts) -
@Brendan said:
" One of the things I like about the Bombcast is that I can do something else while listening to it. "
this. I listen to the 'cast at work, so having a video stream would not play well for me.
#15 Posted by Lindseybee (10 posts) -

The only downside to this is the fact that many people listen to it while working on some other task, that way they can listen to the crew and laugh while still being productive. If there was a video, people would feel compelled to sit there and watch it.

#16 Posted by mordukai (7141 posts) -

Fuck no.

#17 Posted by EpicSteve (6479 posts) -

Because they would have to wear pants.

#18 Posted by B0nd07 (1698 posts) -

They've stated reasons in the past as to why they won't.  The major one being that sometimes they let something slip that they aren't supposed to publicly talk about yet, which gets cut from the podcast.  They also cut out a good amount of dead air from the podcast, which, even in video form, would still be boring.  If they recorded it, they'd then have to edit the video on top of editing the normal audio only version.  It just isn't worth the time and effort.

@EpicSteve said:

" Because they would have to wear pants. "
 Also this.